Author Topic: Sleepless...  (Read 16784 times)

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sleepless...
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 10:02:57 pm »
I've not managed to reply on this thread due to major health problems (and trying to keep my day job), whereby I'm still not sleeping and now it seems that I'm not producing any bowel movements, plus I'm losing weight rapidly, even though I'm eating plenty of food and certainly not constipated/bunged up.

I've thought back and recalled that I tried taking a soil-based organism probiotic called "Prolisan" from Harmonic Health in the UK (I was also buying kombucha capsules from there), which must have kicked it all off (the maldigestion).

In the absence of stools and weight gain, I'm concluding that I'm not absorbing my food and that these proliferated organisms are consuming it on my behalf. From the perspective of no nourishment (starvation), severe sleep deprivation (no chance to fall asleep) and no elimination (no stools produced, only gas), I'm presuming that I'm on my doomed last legs with no clue as to what to do...I don't know what my inner ecosystem must look like now, but I can guess it's deranged somehow. I would try high meat and probiotics, but I'm wary about poisoning myself even further, given that I'm not fully compus mentus.

Another problem is that when I'm digesting, my electrolyte balance gets disturbed, so I get dehydrated, which further damages my skin/collagen - this is noticably aging my face.

I saw my doctor today, who has prescribed temazepam for sleeping and reassured me that I will not die, with an optional referral to a gastroenterologist, although I'm not so convinced. I've tried contacting the importer in the Netherlands (Green People) for a description of the specific organisms, but they don't answer the phone yet.

All in all, my health seems a little trashed. I was considering some kind of beam ray practitioner, but they don't really seem to be available in my region (UK). I suppose a zapper might be an alternative, but I'm damned if I know frequencies and things.

I should have better known better from past experiences with other-than-foods, but this sounded pretty natural to me, so I didn't even think twice.

As you can imagine, I'm currently in hell with sleep deprivation, malnutrition/starvation, anxiety and no elimination. It reminds me of the Laurel & Hardy saying "that's another fine mess you've got me into Stanley".

I'm not sure if this will be my last post, so I wish you all well on your healing journey, be it short and direct or long and winding.

If anyone has insights about Royal Rife/Zapping vs SBOs, it would be greatly appreciated, especially in the UK.

Sayonara!

Scotty
When hungry eat, when tired sleep - this is the essence of Zen...

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 10:07:54 pm »
I've not managed to reply on this thread due to major health problems (and trying to keep my day job), whereby I'm still not sleeping and now it seems that I'm not producing any bowel movements, plus I'm losing weight rapidly, even though I'm eating plenty of food and certainly not constipated/bunged up.

I've thought back and recalled that I tried taking a soil-based organism probiotic called "Prolisan" from Harmonic Health in the UK (I was also buying kombucha capsules from there), which must have kicked it all off (the maldigestion).

In the absence of stools and weight gain, I'm concluding that I'm not absorbing my food and that these proliferated organisms are consuming it on my behalf. From the perspective of no nourishment (starvation), severe sleep deprivation (no chance to fall asleep) and no elimination (no stools produced, only gas), I'm presuming that I'm on my doomed last legs with no clue as to what to do...I don't know what my inner ecosystem must look like now, but I can guess it's deranged somehow. I would try high meat and probiotics, but I'm wary about poisoning myself even further, given that I'm not fully compus mentus.

Another problem is that when I'm digesting, my electrolyte balance gets disturbed, so I get dehydrated, which further damages my skin/collagen - this is noticably aging my face.

I saw my doctor today, who has prescribed temazepam for sleeping and reassured me that I will not die, with an optional referral to a gastroenterologist, although I'm not so convinced. I've tried contacting the importer in the Netherlands (Green People) for a description of the specific organisms, but they don't answer the phone yet.

All in all, my health seems a little trashed. I was considering some kind of beam ray practitioner, but they don't really seem to be available in my region (UK). I suppose a zapper might be an alternative, but I'm damned if I know frequencies and things.

I should have better known better from past experiences with other-than-foods, but this sounded pretty natural to me, so I didn't even think twice.

As you can imagine, I'm currently in hell with sleep deprivation, malnutrition/starvation, anxiety and no elimination. It reminds me of the Laurel & Hardy saying "that's another fine mess you've got me into Stanley".

I'm not sure if this will be my last post, so I wish you all well on your healing journey, be it short and direct or long and winding.

If anyone has insights about Royal Rife/Zapping vs SBOs, it would be greatly appreciated, especially in the UK.

Sayonara!

Scotty

I've done SBO's and Zapping. Didn't have issues with neither.

What is your diet like? Have you considered going all fruit for a while, to help rehydrate and help with elimination? Being constipated for ages is just the worst.

If I were in your shoes I'd buy plenty of normal probiotics + lots and lots of fruit. And then if that works, then go for high meat

Hope you get well
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 10:13:08 pm by ForTheHunt »
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 10:33:49 pm »
Hey ForTheHunt,

Nice one for the advice - fruits (simple sugars) + standard probiotics is something I was considering myself (a la the SCD diet), so that seems like good advice to restore some kind of normality, although I read these SBOs can be very persistent in their "task" depending on the strains, which I'm yet to discover via the importer.

I ordered the Natren probiotics, which are especially meant to be the best, particularly having no nasty fillers like magnesium stearate. The only thing is that they were delivered to my office, which I would have to visit to collect.

Natren formulates a probiotic called "Healthy Trinity", which is very potent but contains sunflower oil, which totally discouraged me. I ordered their dairy-containing powders, which despite the trace dairy seem the most benign (if trace dairy could be benign), although some people have said that only the Trinity formulation works (I read that after I made the decision).

The more I continue on this journey, the deeper I seem to get into complications, when all I'm looking to do is simplify. I suppose hindsight is always 20/20...

Thanks for your wellwishing and if the avatar is your physique, well established!

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 10:57:33 pm »
Sounds like a plan.

For me, when ever I get sick it always seems to work out best if I just give my body rest.

I.e. I eat less, I rest more, I meditate, don't stress etc. Don't underestimate the power thoughts can have.

I think mono eating fruit could be helpful in your case. I wouldn't be surprised if you started eliminating again in a day or two.

Mango, oranges and melons are especially powerful for relieving constipation. Also make sure you drink plenty of water a long with the fruit. Keep us posted
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline andvanwyk

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 05:13:14 pm »
I really think you'll find the magnesium tremendously beneficial. I see some of your thoughts and thought processes in my own and a lot of it is just the anxiety talking. If your bowels can't handle magnesium glycinate then go crazy with the transdermal form and defnitely take lots of epson salt baths. You can do this while eating the fruit. It will relax you tremendously i promise.  Just do it properly and give it a week to work.

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2010, 03:07:09 am »
Well, I've been off the forum again due to major sleep deficiency and fatigue.

I've toyed with the transdermal magnesium chloride and I can say that it's nasty stuff - left me with relaxation of too many smooth muscles, particularly of the small/large bowel. Magnesium transdermally also caused racing heart and totally exacerbated my insomnia.

I must conclude once again that magnesium from rocks/salt is not designed for humans.

Anyways, I've tracked my possible dehydration down to aldosterone, which is made by the adrenals for controlling re-uptake of sodium and release of potassium by the kidneys.

With my chronic sleeplessness and dehydration, coupled with deranged digestion, I can only now conclude that I'm walking the path of adrenal fatigue/exhaustion, which is a very bumpy ride.

The "final straw" with my adrenals (the night I went to bed "wired") seemed to correlate with accidentally entering ketosis (had ketone breath) and increasing meat consumption along with decreased fat consumption.

My paleo journey seems to be a horror story compared with everyone else.

Every time I eat excessive meat and insufficient carbs, I'm laying in bed wired with a racing heart. It seems my cortisol is disturbed whenever I kill the carbs and increase meat/fat. The only thing is now with my electrolyte problems and sleeplessness, it seems my adrenal cortex is FUBARd.

I'm clueless is to why adrenal recoveries have been reported on raw paleo diets when it seems to have constituted the final straw in my case.

Trying to not try to try not to be anxious is an experience of swimming against the tide at the moment!

Anyone recover with wholefood vitamin C and raw glandulars, along with adaptogens? I'm reluctant to do this "on my own" given my poor experiences with just about every trial I make...

Help me please! (thanks!)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 03:46:01 am »
My opinion honestly is that none of these problems will be addressed without proper sleep, even if you have the right components of which are unknown. This unknown seems to in turn be exacerbating both the physical and mental components to your issue and likely any right combinations of vitamins will not click in time to fix the sleeping necessary for it to work. Not sleeping is in itself a huge problem for any cortex and has brought me close to total breakdown or probably death many times.

I would look into some kind of prescription sleep aid, take the week off work, queue up some Bill Murray movies and curl up with some non diet related books that take place on future planets. I would eat whatever combinations of things you were doing prior to things getting really lousy and eat whatever foods work per your digestion no matter how productive you think they might be for your healing. Once you have a decent rest and can get on a good schedule, turn some energy back on to troubleshooting and not a day prior.

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2010, 04:20:17 am »
You're a sound man (wise teaching) and I've just been contemplating popping one of my prescribed Temazepams (I know benzos are bad) early doors to get me into the circadian jive...

I did seem to reach a few days of less dysregulation after my first prescription nap, but maybe the tide turned again because I broke off the prescription too early.

I love your prescription of future planet fiction and Bill Murray (awesome!), although I'm unsure as to the creeper coming back when the lights go out, if you know what I mean.

What's your experience of insomnia anyway? Did you break the vicious circle by hitting the meds yourself or was it self-prescribed cannabis ingestion or something?

I'm fairly sure that too low carbs rewired my circuits after a collective period of covert stressors like negligence for aspects of life, job performance, nutritional pressure, loneliness, relationship breakdowns/obscurities. Being Zen I suppose should allow the wisdom of the "atman" to shine through, but I suppose that's how spiritual colours are gradually accumulated - through direct experience.

Given my signature text, the lines "fate is not without a sense of irony" and "be careful what you wish for" are most bemusing/amusing...

Tyler Durden's words "everything is a copy of a copy of a copy" strongly resonate with me now, hehe.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 04:49:43 am »
If there is something like melatonin or herbal teas or valerian that works i'd say go for it, never did much for me. Not sure about pot, havn't messed around with it much lately. I'm guessing similar to teas for extreme insomnia it might be less effective unless the cause is largely anxiety and not physical. I don't have much experience with benzos. Is that halcion? sounds nice...I have tried some pretty hardcore things in the past, regular ambien did/does the trick for me when needed. My experience is that other than it being a drug/processed/heated, the actual sleep is almost as beneficial than regular sleep and the healing on mostly raw foods can still move forward. Certainly more so then with the perfect diet or fasting/healing regime with no sleep. Honestly I would take whatever works till you find some other strategy to go off of it while getting the same rest and sleep. Here and there won't cut it.

not sure about the low carb thing, again I think the searching for explanations/reasons kind of goes hand in hand with being away form the now moment we seek and usually perpetuates reasons to dwell in depression or anxiety. Even if the root of these things is in the physical, the real, what can we do but work to make our present situations more satisfying? often times this involves one to 'stop digging' to use the lame saying.

I'm inclined to believe there is some possible link between raw or low carb etc..with insomnia..just from being exposed to peoples stories (when they are being honest). But like I said I would just focus on one thing (the sleeping) and then move on to the next thing (adrenals/thyroid etc..). I'm not sure what you mean exactly by creeper, but yeah the plan of laying around and doing absolutely nothing will work terribly if you do not get at least 8-10 hrs of real physical sleep either assisted or not. You need both types of rest I think right now. In normal day to day, the strategy that is helpful for me is just expending alot of energy, but that doesn't seem appropriate right now.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2010, 05:30:46 am »
What kind of work do you do?
How old are you?
What time do you try to sleep?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2010, 07:53:31 am »
if magnesium stimulates you, then you are one of the people who it reacts oppositely to. do it in the morning instead, with some natural calm drink.
it sounds like your cortisol is too high, which means your stress and systemic inflammation is also too high.
learn to meditate, find out if you are eating allergenic foods, get blackout curtains to rest in total 100% darkness. dont eat 3 hours before bed. turn off all electronics and power strips, have good air circulation in room (hepa filter or airwise), drink enough real water w/sea salt or lemon juice, see a naturopath or functional biological medicine doctor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk