Author Topic: Cancer drug advertising  (Read 6282 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cancer drug advertising
« on: September 26, 2013, 02:37:38 am »
I got a change.org petition to help this woman get access to a cancer drug for her husband.

This is far too slick a vid for somebody to just whip it up with 3 months to live. Smells like advertising for the drug companies. Maybe I am paranoid but this stinks as advertising. Reminds me of the efforts that big pharma did to damage the business of everybody from Rife to Hoxsley, Gerson, Hamer, you name it. They have advertising down to a science. Check out the sound track in the background. This seems like a slick ad not a plea for help from a dying man.

Does anyone here know the truth?

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/stars-back-melanoma--sufferer-nick-audens-plea-for-cancer-drug-20130905-2t6ry.html
Cheers
Al

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Cancer drug advertising
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 04:06:50 am »
"wonder drug" "breakthrough drug" ... what's the name of the drug?!?! Chemotherapy is a bunch of different drugs. I wouldn't be surprised if it was another "new" form of chemo.

I see your point that it is very slick. I don't know of many people that put that much faith in a drug nobody has ever taken. They talk about it like they KNOW that he will get better with it... yet there are NO studies done. Who has that much faith in a drug?

PD-1. Skip FDA approval? Not that it matters since most of the FDA seems to either be payed off or CEOs of big pharma companies anyway.

Doesn't everybody with cancer have a story like this? It reeks of "give us money" also. Psychological approach to getting someones help is to act like you don't "need" the money to survive, but it would help. They are a clean middle/upper class looking family, like they "work hard and don't deserve bad things to happen to them." It creates the pressure for others with money to want to help out "their kind."
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 07:49:36 am »
I went into watching that video being pretty skeptical of your paranoia, raw-al.  Seems pretty disingenuous and seems like a drug ad to me as well.  There is no way those are real people.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 08:04:40 am »
I'm sure the husband eats plenty of "healthy grains" and does long endurance cardio while wearing sunscreen. Cancer is just a thing that "happens"
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 08:19:28 am »
Seriously the last thing that guy needs to do is take a bike ride to "build up his strength".  He was emaciated and looks like he needs an IV of raw egg yolks, marrow and seaweed.  He needs some cholesterol, vitamins and minerals, to help him be able to benefit and be healed by the sunshine.

To me its weird that he couldn't go on this chemical trial because of a "physical condition".  Everything about that video was incredibly scripted and just seemed weird.  Its really hard to have sympathy for upper middle class Americans, and most likely, as Dr. D pointed out, a lifestyle change would have probably prevented any melanoma, and also perhaps be the cure to one.  Really folks with money are so "comfortable" with their poor quality foods, cheap luxuries like all that new furnishing and paint that is probably off gassing, their health issues, are directly related to how "comfortable" their lives are.   It does seem like a plea to throw money and support to the chemical companies cause.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 08:56:54 am by jessica »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 08:21:19 am »
I'm sure the husband eats plenty of "healthy grains" and does long endurance cardio while wearing sunscreen. Cancer is just a thing that "happens"

Woah buddy. Don't be knocking grain consumption and sun screen.

If you look at this link, you'll see tons of benefits of grains.

Lot's of good info on the benefits of grains here - http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups/grains-why.html

And the dangers of getting sun - http://my.clevelandclinic.org/healthy_living/skin_care/hic_protecting_yourself_from_sun_damage.aspx

Those are both VERY REPUTABLE sources.... lol To think that's what doctors are actually recommending.

(So it's clear this is a joke. Grains and sun screen are bad).
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 08:35:45 am »
Woah buddy. Don't be knocking grain consumption and sun screen.

If you look at this link, you'll see tons of benefits of grains.

Lot's of good info on the benefits of grains here - http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups/grains-why.html

And the dangers of getting sun - http://my.clevelandclinic.org/healthy_living/skin_care/hic_protecting_yourself_from_sun_damage.aspx

Those are both VERY REPUTABLE sources.... lol To think that's what doctors are actually recommending.

(So it's clear this is a joke. Grains and sun screen are bad).

I like how the grain site you chose promotes "enriched refined" grains. My God, it's really sad to me that people don't believe there is an alternative.

I had written on my previous post (but deleted it for fearing I was being a little irrational and harsh of the commercial (hehe)) that I was surprised the mom and dad were brunettes but the boy was blonde. The girl's eyes look similar to the parents and babies all look the same. But the boy, he didn't seem to be the same as them. A little blonde haired blue eyed boy with two front teeth missing.... how can you be so cruel to deny him his papa? Give him the drug, please!

The whole concept of drugs is a little skewed. I won't rant here but essentially what they are saying is doctors know how to use something like heroin better than anyone else in the world, and turn it into something beneficial for people, simply because they learned about drugs (from a biased source) for a few more years than the rest of us? No. Not buying it.
-Dustin

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 08:44:03 am »
Carrying on a step further... I was curious about the folate (vitamin B9) that is promoted so much in these enriched wheat items. One slice of bread contains 30-37 mcg of folate. One pound of raw grass fed beef contains 27 mcg. Okay so they win there since the RDA is 400 mcg per day. However that means I need to eat over 12 slices of bread daily just to hit my RDA from wheat enriched products. 1200 calories in wheat alone and about 90% of your calories in carbs. Seems the vegans fall into place with their 80/10/10 diets, and can eat a ton of bread, then some protein foods (soy), and get a little bit of fat and be perfectly healthy by government standards! I'll stick to my high fat diet thank you.  8)
-Dustin

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 08:59:07 am »
Why is celebrity backing supposed to make this more legit?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 09:06:53 am »
Carrying on a step further... I was curious about the folate (vitamin B9) that is promoted so much in these enriched wheat items. One slice of bread contains 30-37 mcg of folate. One pound of raw grass fed beef contains 27 mcg.

Exactly why we should all be eating LOTS of whole grains.. Just like the website I posted says lol

And make sure to limit fat, especially animal fats.

Hahaha... Sad but when you think about it. ALL the dietary advice given by the main stream is terrible advice.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 10:00:09 am »
Why is celebrity backing supposed to make this more legit?

Because we are stuck in a Greek mindset as Americans and view celebrities as more than human and godlike in the same way Greeks viewed their gods; more than human but with their own minimal faults or characteristics that make them relate able.

ALL the dietary advice given by the main stream is terrible advice.

So far, I've been doing the exact opposite of almost everything suggested by the govt. (except IF, but still, that's debate-able as to whether or not they promote that) by eating mostly animal foods, especially fats, red-meats preferred, limiting veggies and eating many fruits, avoiding dairy and grain, avoiding cardio exercise in favor of lifting and other strength training, keeping myself cold, eating raw and rotten foods, never washing my hands and getting extra dirty, I'm sure we all share the same list so I'll stop, but I'm sure all of us feel better than ever by doing all of this. I was never much of a conspiracy theorist, but seeing how much it's failing people and by suggesting ANYTHING different and getting results, almost leaves me with no other logical conclusion than they are conspiring to keep us sick, or we've hired (elected) some of the DUMBEST people in all of history to choose what's best for the masses.
-Dustin

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 11:52:11 pm »
I was never much of a conspiracy theorist, but seeing how much it's failing people and by suggesting ANYTHING different and getting results, almost leaves me with no other logical conclusion than they are conspiring to keep us sick, or we've hired (elected) some of the DUMBEST people in all of history to choose what's best for the masses.

It's funny how you're only left with those 2 options. It's true though. It's either intentional or they're retarded.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 04:33:47 am »
The Doctor's union (AMA in the US) also had a go at the chiropracters for many years as they were competition. They did the same sorts of slick videos with "innocent victims of Chiros" as the main characters.

There was one vid where some poor MA 'n PA Kettle described how expensive and useless and dangerous the chiros were in treating them. This was done in an ultra-slick modern studio that there is no way that MA 'n Pa Kettle could know about or afford. The main characters were never to be found as they didn't really exist.

Not that I am defending chiros.
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk