Author Topic: how to make this work  (Read 20842 times)

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
how to make this work
« on: October 31, 2010, 04:46:15 pm »
Hi, my name is Jennie, I'm a 4th day raw carnivoer

A year ago I felt so sick I was willing to try anything, or almost anything, but it seems like I'm getting there fast.

I was a frutarian for 4 months, then vegetarian/vegan for a few months only interrupted by two water fasts of 14 days, several short fasts.

Thanks to this madness I developed toothdecay.

I started eating cooked meat again a few months ago, but don't feel it's helping much, so I decided to go raw. I've been juicing some vegetables like squash, broccoli and sellery. Last two weeks I've been drinking unpasturized milk, couldn't stop, but will not be using any milk product anymore.

Yesterday I only ate raw eggs and raw beef, also took som unfermented cod liver oil, and am going to get some raw fish and liver next week.

I'm feeling a bit anxiety, maybe I'm reaching ketosis since I haven’t eaten any vegetables? I'm not sure if I should go with cero carb or include some vegetables, I read that some peoples teeth get worse with cero carb. Could someone please advise?

Thank you  :)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: how to make this work
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 05:14:34 pm »
Welcome!
IMO there is no reason to go zero carb/low carb unless you have some sort of blood sugar issue or simply can't tolerate carbs anymore. There have been plenty of members here who have healed there teeth with an omnivorous diet. Unless you enjoy the taste I would suggest against juicing squash because of it being a nightshade.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 05:19:58 pm »
This is something people have to experiment on their own with to find out. Some, like me, have tried raw zero carb and then found after a few days or weeks that it was doing them considerable harm so that they had to stop and go raw omnivorous. Others have tried RZC and only experienced minor issues while transitioning before getting much better than on a rraw, omnivorous diet. When I tried it a few times, I had a drop in sports performance within a few days, but only got serious health-problems after 3 weeks had passed. After 5-6 weeks, I was forced to give up and go raw omnivorous because my health had deteriorated so fast(teeth practically falling out due to looseness etc.)

My guess would be that(provided you were not zero-carb immediately before that point) if on a raw omnivorous diet with plenty of carbs you feel ghastly after eating any carbs, then a RZC diet is probably best for you, otherwise not. To play safe, I would suggest going raw omnivore for a while, generally speaking, and only going RZC if your progress isn't satisifactory. Not sure how to rate other people's progress, but most of my really serious symptoms slowly vanished within a 4 month period after going rawpalao and finally cutting out all raw dairy.

Good that you got rid of the raw dairy. Cravings are a common sign of having a food-allergy.

1 thing:-  When on a RZC diet, it is really important to add extra raw grassfed animal fat to your diet, as otherwise you can get rabbit-starvation. Some like raw suet, others raw marrow or raw tongue or just buy very fatty meats like raw mutton.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 05:22:15 pm »
OH, and I would strongly suggest that you eat raw solid fruits and veg. Veggie-juice is the 2nd most complained about food on a RVAF diet. It is suspected that shredding the cell-walls in this way not only makes the nutrients in veg more bioavailable, but also the antinutrients as well, thus causing nutritional deficiencies in some people over time.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 05:43:17 pm »
I really need this advice.

I've been unable to gain weight the last couple of months, I'm 1,69 and before the unpasturized milk period i weighed 53kg, but this made me gain 4 kg. I figured I don't like the taste in my mouth from dairy product (also saw a picture of Aajonus who appear to be using lots of dairy).

I'll try to get my hands of the fatty parts and will not be juicing the vegetables.

Thank you so much!  :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 07:02:30 pm »
Well, I would suggest going raw omnivore first (ie add some raw fruits and maybe even some raw solid veg like radishes) before you try raw zero-carb. Quite aside from the fact that RZC has a number of potential health problems that might occur, going RZC/raw zero carb also means you get extra difficulties. For example, as a raw omnivore, I am still able to eat any raw plant food offered to me by acquaintances without having to tell them I am on a RVAF diet or whatever, plus travelling is easier for me than if I was RZC as I can easily buy raw fruit along the way etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 07:21:22 pm »
I'm having sellery, but not sure about the zucchini?

My gums are not well, so I don't think I would like to eat any fruits at the moment.

I have frozen suet and bone marrow bones in the freezer, is this ok to eat when I unfreeze it.

Thank you so much for the advice.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 07:27:30 pm »
Yep just let it thaw and eat it.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 07:51:37 pm »
I'm having sellery, but not sure about the zucchini?

My gums are not well, so I don't think I would like to eat any fruits at the moment.

I have frozen suet and bone marrow bones in the freezer, is this ok to eat when I unfreeze it.

Thank you so much for the advice.
Prefrozen meat is not ideal but is still fine to eat. Just do not thaw it and then refreeze it again and again. Just thaw a portion of prefrozen meat you have and then eat it in 1 go.

I doubt celery is any good. It is one of the few foods with negative calories, last I checked. My choice for raw veg would be things like raw radishes, raw carrots, raw cucumbers, raw avocadoes and the like, to be honest.
" Ron Paul.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 08:09:35 pm »
Unless you enjoy the taste I would suggest against juicing squash because of it being a nightshade.
Do you have any links to this Kurite? I've never heard squash called a nightshade before and I'm not finding anything other than a few people speculating online with a search. AFAIK it's a part of the gourd family along with melons, cucumbers, etc.
I agree juicing isn't a great idea though.

Jennie; I agree with the others that a raw omnivorous diet is probably the way for you to go right now. It sounds like you're bouncing across a lot of diets in a fairly short span of time. Raw omni will be healing and if after a couple months you don't start seeing the gains in health you are striving for you can try going lower carbs (or full on carnivore).
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 08:12:26 pm »
You might like to try and do some oil pulling with virgin coconut oil to heal your gums.

You can transition with raw omnivore low carb, then progress to very low carb, then zero carb / raw carnivorous so it's not so drastic.  Take your time and enjoy the ride.  Keep a journal.  Take pics of yourself and your food.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 08:23:18 pm »
Thank you all for your advice.

I just started doing oilpulling with VCO.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 08:45:29 pm »
I know you're scared, but trust me you will be OK. Just stay on the forums and ask lots of questions. If health is your goal, you will reach it.

Just curious, why did you stop drinking raw milk?

For me it's been key to start gaining weight again.

Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 09:02:17 pm »
I doubt celery is any good. It is one of the few foods with negative calories, last I checked. My choice for raw veg would be things like raw radishes, raw carrots, raw cucumbers, raw avocadoes and the like, to be honest.

OH, and I would strongly suggest that you eat raw solid fruits and veg. Veggie-juice is the 2nd most complained about food on a RVAF diet. It is suspected that shredding the cell-walls in this way not only makes the nutrients in veg more bioavailable, but also the antinutrients as well, thus causing nutritional deficiencies in some people over time.

For all practical purposes, celery, cucumbers, and radishes all have zero calories. So why single out celery as being bad?

I find it hard to eat radishes, since they are usually very hot and spicy. This might be an indicator of anti-nutrients.

Do you have any links to this Kurite? I've never heard squash called a nightshade before and I'm not finding anything other than a few people speculating online with a search. AFAIK it's a part of the gourd family along with melons, cucumbers, etc.
I agree juicing isn't a great idea though.

You're right, squashes are not nightshades. I've recently been eating raw butternut squash. I also tried some cooked butternut squash. Even though squash is usually thought of as something that must be cooked to be edible, I actually like the raw squash better. It has a nice crunchy texture, whereas cooked squash is mushy and tastes to me like baby food.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 09:06:07 pm »
Celery isn't bad. Yeah, it costs your body more energy to digest it than it provides. But cellery has a lot of natural sodium which helps your digestion a lot. It helps form hydrocloric acid.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 09:40:00 pm »
Yes, I do get scared, but am trying to keep faith. Thank you for your support.

The dental situation is what made me want to give up milk. I feel my saliva goes a bit sour from it and I don't want to aggravate the situation. I felt I needed the milk in the beginning, but right now I don't have the craving anymore. I might have it again if I start craving it.
I also read that a lot of people with dental health problems do better when they stop consuming dairy.

I really don't know much about the benefits of different vegetables. Celery seems to have some good qualities. I've stopped eating salt. Is the sodium in Celery good when you have tooth problems?

I had raw boone marrow and it was nice, but I feel like I'm hungry all the time.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 09:51:55 pm »
Yes, I do get scared, but am trying to keep faith. Thank you for your support.

The dental situation is what made me want to give up milk. I feel my saliva goes a bit sour from it and I don't want to aggravate the situation. I felt I needed the milk in the beginning, but right now I don't have the craving anymore. I might have it again if I start craving it.
I also read that a lot of people with dental health problems do better when they stop consuming dairy.

I really don't know much about the benefits of different vegetables. Celery seems to have some good qualities. I've stopped eating salt. Is the sodium in Celery good when you have tooth problems?

I had raw boone marrow and it was nice, but I feel like I'm hungry all the time.

Dairy wont hurt your teeth trust me on that. You shouldn't stop eating salt it provides a huge spectrum of minerals. Find a good source of salt and eat a little bit every week. (Himalayan salt, good sea salt etc, not iodized junk)

And if you're hungry all the time try upping your fat intake, but don't overdo it. Listen to your body. Cellery is fine for your teeth. It sounds like you are undernourished and your body has started accessing your bones for minerals causing your teeth problem. The food it self is not the problem. You fasted way too much if I read your post correctly. Keep drinking milk if you have no problems with it.

Also, relax, be happy, your body will recover.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 09:58:43 pm »

Eat some carbs, just enough to make you feel sated.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 10:26:53 pm »
It sounds like you are undernourished and your body has started accessing your bones for minerals causing your teeth problem. The food it self is not the problem.

I believe I'm on my last reserves and that the last months of cooked meat has not helped me get nourished.

People on this forum seems very happy about the benefit of their raw diet, thank you for the inspiration.

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 10:34:07 pm »

I have had tooth problems in the past. Raw milk and raw cod liver oil and terramin clay have helped make my teeth stronger. Milk and clay contain minerals, and cod liver oil and milkfat contain vitamins which help assimilate those minerals. If your saliva goes sour from fresh milk, try butter, cheese, kefir, etc. 

Where did you read this?

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 10:46:27 pm »
Several people state they did better without dairy on this forum, maybe it's not for everyone?

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/welcoming-commitee/hello-help-with-enamel-issues/msg42767/#msg42767

In the book "Cure Toothdecay" dairy is highly recommended.

It's a lot of conflicting information, I wish I could know for sure - dairy or no-dairy

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 10:54:45 pm »
Several people state they did better without dairy on this forum, maybe it's not for everyone?

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/welcoming-commitee/hello-help-with-enamel-issues/msg42767/#msg42767

In the book "Cure Toothdecay" dairy is highly recommended.

It's a lot of conflicting information, I wish I could know for sure - dairy or no-dairy

There is no 1 way to execute this diet.
You have to find out what works for you.
I cannot digest dairy myself. (carabao, cow, goat)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 11:12:32 pm »
For all practical purposes, celery, cucumbers, and radishes all have zero calories. So why single out celery as being bad?

Oh, I didn't know, I had only heard of celery as being largely useless as a food and used for dieting purposes.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2010, 11:22:59 pm »
I believe I'm on my last reserves and that the last months of cooked meat has not helped me get nourished.

People on this forum seems very happy about the benefit of their raw diet, thank you for the inspiration.
This is revealing. So many RVAFers experience problems with raw dairy that if anyone, such as you, who experiences any slight symptom from it in the short-term, it is likely to get serious problems from raw dairy in the long-term. I can see a major flaw in FTH's advice to consume raw dairy:-  he claimed that your teeth issues were solely a result of eating a nutritionally-deficient diet(ie due to past raw vegan/fruitarian experiences) - however, if that were really so, then eating cooked meat should have done the trick alone as regards upping nutrient levels, as even cooked meats are complete foods.

And, of course, the cravings you felt towards raw dairy are a common symptom of allergy.

What is interesting is that pasteurised dairy has been linked to osteoprosis:-

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/206725/how_dairy_actually_causes_osteoporosis.html?cat=5

so, clearly, dairy is a problem re bone-loss, usually. Since the issue centres around the excess calcium in dairy, the same applies to raw dairy, of course, which has plenty of bioavailable calcium itself.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 12:53:59 am »
This is revealing. So many RVAFers experience problems with raw dairy that if anyone, such as you, who experiences any slight symptom from it in the short-term, it is likely to get serious problems from raw dairy in the long-term. I can see a major flaw in FTH's advice to consume raw dairy:-  he claimed that your teeth issues were solely a result of eating a nutritionally-deficient diet(ie due to past raw vegan/fruitarian experiences) - however, if that were really so, then eating cooked meat should have done the trick alone as regards upping nutrient levels, as even cooked meats are complete foods.

And, of course, the cravings you felt towards raw dairy are a common symptom of allergy.

What is interesting is that pasteurised dairy has been linked to osteoprosis:-

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/206725/how_dairy_actually_causes_osteoporosis.html?cat=5

so, clearly, dairy is a problem re bone-loss, usually. Since the issue centres around the excess calcium in dairy, the same applies to raw dairy, of course, which has plenty of bioavailable calcium itself.

So when I crave meat, it's due to an allergy? There are so many dimensions to craving something, so don't pretend you know the full spectrum of it.

No, she's been starved for over a year. Along with water fasting for over 30 days. A few days or weeks eating cooked muscle meat wont change that. It will take months to recover.

As far as dairy goes, I'm not gonna bother arguing. Only time will tell whether it proves harmful or not. The fact of the matter is I don't know and you certainly don't know either. All I know is that I have no harmful effects of dairy and you know it doesn't agree with you. So like with every single food group on the planet, there's research that says it's beneficial, and then there's research that says it's not.

So my advice Jennie, will be as always; Try a food out for a certain amount of time and see how you fare on it. Take peoples advice with a grain of salt. Especially of those who claim to have the 'right' answer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk