Author Topic: Louna  (Read 22394 times)

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Louna
« on: November 01, 2010, 03:57:02 am »
I just took photos in all side to see precisely how things will evolve.

For resume, I past around 10 years mostly vegetarian/vegan,
and after one and half a year one only fruits (with some craves of steamed vegetables and one month of high fat last winter -raw fish and durian-).
I also did 14 days water fast and many one and 2/3 days fast. Also I made many juice fast, more than 3 months during my fruitarianism path.
It helped me some way to recovered, but I always had some big troubles to digest fruits. The times I feel the best were when I ate the less fruits, but can't handle many times with so little calories (but I have a good appetite, so never went very thin) !!
I took no avocado as I don't digest them well. So I was fruitarian zero fat !

Now...
Raw paleo low carb (4 apples juiced in mouth max per day) since one week and feel much better.
I gain few kilos on paleo that I want to lose (but my body seem to really need some high level nutriments for the first days). On fruitarian diet I was always doing yo yo.

Look forward to see the improvements.
I practice more and more yoga since one year (before I was very ill) and I wanna be more muscled, keep my flexibility in (and much), more tonic, explosive strengh.

I will post when I feel it to write about my diet, my sensations, observations...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 05:43:23 am by Louna »

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Louna
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 04:04:41 am »
You look quite good. You don't look like someone who's had problems with disease

But non the less it will be interesting to read how you fare on RPD. Also I think you will recover faster if you do some added exercise plus the yoga, you will get faster muscle tone aswell
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 04:47:10 am »
your wheel looks very solid for only doing yoga for such a short time.

Keep it up. I think the diet alone (fats) should yield good results with further flexibility. I've found myself that doing weighted exercises have helped with further shoulder and hip mobility that years of yoga alone never accomplished.

good luck/have fun journaling!

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 07:26:27 am »
looks like summer.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 06:10:09 pm »
Even in winter days could be very sunny here. The yoga pics were taken one month ago.

I know... that I will gain more muscle with doing others exercices than yoga... but I don't like very much fitness centers  l). I bought a jumping rope but never used it...
If I have more energy, maybe I will have more motivation to train myself, will see.

Two years ago, yes I was very sick, all day sit/in bed because of so many pain all in the body. Doctors wanted to operate me and changed my hips, cut bones of one leg to make it longer... also they offered me to take some hormones all my life to mask a little ovaries polycistics symptoms  (horrible thing for a woman :'( I really hope this will cure with paleo diet), and said to me I probably will be in a wheelchair in few years...
At this time, I cannot slept (few hours) without cannabis, I was like a zombie you know. I had horrible sciatic day and night, and was obviously tired all the time and cannot do any sports as it made me worse. My longer walk was 15 minuts (with many pain...). I looked at death like a quite tempting solution  :o... Then I discoved fruity livestyle, and jumped into it as I had nothing to lose !
Finally I had huge improve with fruits diet and fasts !!!  But also many problems with fruits (very hard digestion, teeth, tiredness, glycemic yoyo -don't know the word in english-, need lots of sleep, always on high tension/nervous -exhausting !-, bored with sugar, always problems with skin -acne- if I ate too much fruits or high sugar fruits...).

Now...
I eat wild fish mainly Bonita :) and some others, meat is mainly beef, eggs, liver, oysters, and some cukes juice and apples. I am trying to have higher quality (than organics).

Thank you for your comments and encouragements :)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 06:35:37 pm »
I've had back pain/sciatica. Cured with Dr Sarno's method.

It's not really a structural thing.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 03:23:17 am »
My sciatic flew away with Pilates, yoga and fruits/fasts.
Since I start on paleo, I feel that the nerve is healing much deeper.

Today I went to a supermarket to find some lamb on François's advise (which is very good) and I was so calm during my courses, never felt like that before, strange, it looks like I took a shoot (I mean very cool and peace without bad effects of drugs !). Maybe it's the huge properties of cod liver/oil ?! Amazing...

I was just talking about the colour of the eyes which can change on a better diet and said that my colour of eyes is lighter than before my fruitarian/fasts path...
And now I just saw a new post here about that !
So I will post the very beautiful photo I did today ;D, after I practised an advise of a raw paleo forumer about activated charcoal on body (used like soap).
No need to say that I put so much on my face that after I had quite big problem to take off the charcoal... and finished like a red skin  :P...  
With this photo, in one year maybe, I hope make a proof that my brown eyes turned to beautiful blue like they were when I was little child   8)  ...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 07:11:45 am by Louna »

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 06:38:28 am »
Louna you look beautiful!

I know... that I will gain more muscle with doing others exercices than yoga... but I don't like very much fitness centers  l).

Try some push-ups, lunges and squats...I find these exercises are easy and don't take too much time, you can do them anywhere almost anytime, and give quick results.  ;D
These are pretty much the only exercises I do other then running around, biking & some yoga, sometimes I use a bar for pull-ups. Its nice to keep it simple! I found when the routine is simple and easy you actually do it and hence get results, yay

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 10:58:48 am »
Two years ago, yes I was very sick, all day sit/in bed because of so many pain all in the body. Doctors wanted to operate me and changed my hips, cut bones of one leg to make it longer... also they offered me to take some hormones all my life to mask a little ovaries polycistics symptoms  (horrible thing for a woman :'( I really hope this will cure with paleo diet), and said to me I probably will be in a wheelchair in few years...
At this time, I cannot slept (few hours) without cannabis, I was like a zombie you know. I had horrible sciatic day and night, and was obviously tired all the time and cannot do any sports as it made me worse. My longer walk was 15 minuts (with many pain...). I looked at death like a quite tempting solution  :o... Then I discoved fruity livestyle, and jumped into it as I had nothing to lose !
Finally I had huge improve with fruits diet and fast!

Louna, thank u for ur journal. as i always have trust on this forum and thankful to all other members to convey all these life saving information through their journals.  my husband is pretty healthy . but recently he develops a kind of pain that comes from his lower back and moves around different parts like knee, elbow, neck, thigh, ankle...etc. he says that the pain is like the tendons are tearing up. i just wonder that if u felt the same type of pain? he almost can't lift up his leg sometimes. if he moves, he feels more pain.

love ur photos. beautiful background!!
bugs or country chickens

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 01:34:50 pm »
Yuli, thank you very much.  :)
You motivated me to do some easy exercices. Now will see if I will Just Do It !

Raw, thank you for your comment :)
Not sure but your husband pain seems like the one I used to have.
Diet can help very much as it is often caused by nerves inflammation.
And if we have intestines stretched, big belly, constipation can be very relied to back pain.
Massages can help (belly, back) but don't go to causes...
Also correct the posture help a lot (yoga, pilates and many others things, the important is to find a very good teacher, who have a very good posture himself !).

I finished my apples (ate just 2 yesterday, cool), don't want to buy more fruits for now. Let see what happened !

Bad points :
For now I have just a little trouble to adjust the paleo meal quantity. The volume changes a lot compared to the fruits I ate in one day before, and for this reason I think, even if I am not hungry, I tend to eat too much.  
Also it's very difficult for me to count the calories, fat intake and protein with this diet.
I had feel a glycemic spike sensation after having meat, so I tried to regule with fat after, but so I ate too much fat in the day...  l)

But Good points :
I follow quite good my desire of type of food I want and this fit well.
My digestion is paradisiac, just I will stop to eat juice cukes that gives me belly pain.
Strange paradox that I feel more respect and love for animals (and humans) than in vegan diet.
And you know what ?... I'm happy  :)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 01:58:02 pm by Louna »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 02:51:50 am »
Today I went to a supermarket to find some lamb on François's advise (which is very good) and (...)

Did you find some NZ lamb, Louna ?

Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 03:02:47 am »
Yes François !!! I wanted to send you an PM :)
Really good tast, fatty, tender and melting. Just some nerves/muscles (?) that I split out. Good little bone marrow.
10 euros per kilos, which is not very expensive.

I also find better eggs and eat very very good oysters in promotion. I love oysters :)
Tomorrow I hope I could have some Bonitas.
I find also so good apples that I have some, 4 little I think.
Today I managed better the quantity of my food and so I ate less, cool.
Maybe about 1800 calories with good proportions of fat, proteins and carbs, I feel good.

Yuli, ForTheHunt and KD I'm proud I've done some yoga alone and abdos today, thanks for the motivation :) Hoping it's only the beginning !

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:07:52 am by Louna »

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 03:37:35 am »
So I decided to jump more into paleo...
I will try to have strictly only real paleo food, not organics eggs and beef fed with grains and no cod oil, but it will be quite challenging because in France and where I live there is not much choice, but... let's jump.
What I have is this : fish, fish and maybe fish.  ;D  Is it paleo in fact ? If not, I may become paleo breatharian   :D
Oh I sometimes can have some lamb from new zealand, and during christmas time some wildfowl.
I don't fix a zero carb plan but low carb is what I need now and that is what I do. Just eating some local apples untreated.

Today I had some Bonite, better than tuna and maybe than salmon (but maybe not compared to a wild salmon ?).
It is really excellent. I ate this beautiful fish with my fingers, under the sun. I love to feel like a "savage".
Also with this very natural fed animals, it's easier for me to feel the stop of the hunger.

I feel good on paleo, my teeth are good, my energy is very good, but I just have a fu*$**g headache and I want to know if it's detox or the eggs of partly grains fed that are doing that.
So, time to have a serious raw paleo diet is come !

If you have any idea to make it easier, I'll take !  :)
Do you think that having lots of shellfish can be harmful ?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 04:04:10 am »
Bravo, Louna !
Cassia fistula is good to stop headaches.
Shellfish is one of the most paleo food: was abundant and easy to collect, has not been subject to artificial selection. No problem to eat a lot of it. Of course it must not be collected in polluted areas, but otherwise we can eat as much as we want, as long as we like it.  
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:00:26 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 04:17:41 am »
I actually view raw shellfish as being superior to raw fish. Even farmed raw shellfish is reportedly "less worse" than farmed raw fish.

If you already have issues with food-intolerance towards raw carbs, perhaps raw zero-carb may well be the ideal diet for you. Something to try, anyway, if raw omnivore does not work as well for you as expected.

See if you can get hold of raw fatty meats.

One caveat:- I have come across a vague(admittedly unsubstantiated) rumour in the past that much NZ lamb is actually fed on grains in the last 3 months. This is why I never buy raw meats from supermarkets and just buy my raw meats from farmers direct or from farmers' market stalls only.

* You may be one of those RVAFers who has an allergy towards raw eggs. I also have a slight allergy but it only affects me if I overdo their consumption, really.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 04:54:24 am »
Thanks Iguana and TylenDurden :)

For now I eat very low carb compared to my last past fruitarian ! I'm just eating 3/4 apples a day.
Maybe I will eat less, will see.

If lamb are now grains fed and if wild fish is not so good, it is impossible for me to be on raw paleo !   
:(

The eggs I ate was from grains fed animals, so it may be different from wild ones.

Offline Fatguy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 04:58:11 am »
You Look amazing Louna  :o

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 05:08:36 am »
 :) thank you Fatguy

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 06:09:45 am »
If lamb are now grains fed and if wild fish is not so good, it is impossible for me to be on raw paleo !   

Relativity.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 06:11:57 am »
For now I eat very low carb compared to my last past fruitarian ! I'm just eating 3/4 apples a day.
Maybe I will eat less, will see.

Once you have been consuming animal flesh and fat for a while your hunger for fruits will diminish by itself.
For me its random, some days I'll eat up to 4 fruits, other days I will have no fruit or carbs at all, I just go with the flow.
Also I don't know if you tried some raw nuts but sometimes those really help stabilize me especially if I didn't eat enough fat that day, and that in turn helps eat less fruit.

If I were you I wouldn't stress that your meat in not completely perfect 100% of the time, I try to get grassfed and wild but if I can't then I just get the organic/hormone-free one...Its useless sitting there stressing over the fact that the lamb you ate had some grains. Its less healthy to worry then if you just relax and eat the frikkin lamb if thats what you want to eat, most people that add some good quality grain fed meat don't have any problems and its still nutritious. I know some purists here may disagree but it doesn't seem to put me out. Grass-fed, grain fed, most meat is yummy and does my tummy good either way!  >D

Besides, one of my favorites is young milk-fed calf liver, its the best damn liver I ever had. I suggest you find some young calf liver and try it, better then any cow liver or lamb liver I tried. Use you taste, smell and sense and you will know if you should eat the meat or not.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 07:12:54 am »
Yuli does have a point:- raw grainfed meat is only a really serious problem if one is particularly sensitive to grains like DJR and some others. That said, it is none too healthy. I remember trying raw grainfed meats of the absolute lowest quality imaginable(lower than even what one finds in the supermarket!) and they did nothing re improving my health though I did not seem to get worse on them, as such. So one should always aim for as high quality as one can get, if possible. Then again, I was once assured by a RVAFer from another forum that her father regained his health on raw grainfed meats. Mqybe it has to do with the state of one's health, individual health-problems etc. I do know one thing , though, and that is that studies show that the more cows are fed on grains, the worse their health problems get - that is why modern farmers who raise cattle intensively on grains have to dose them with vaccines etc/ all the time to ward off disease/infections.

My remark re fish only concerned farmed fish. Wild fish is fine(ie sardines/mackerel etc. etc.) Only a few fish are usually farmed such as salmon.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 07:40:34 am »
Oh yeah I have had some cheap grain-fed meat that I couldn't even eat...after a few pieces I just got rid of it :/
But there are a few particular grain-fed ones I really like, they are not given any vaccines etc, and are supplemented with hay and other things to offset their otherwise unnatural diets. Some sell beef that was fed both grass-fed and grains and supplements. Some is fed on grass then finished on a grain diet for the last 60 days, during that time is enough to create marbling in the steak but not enough time to make the animal sick with diseases that need medications...

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 08:02:00 am »
Yuli does have a point:- raw grainfed meat is only a really serious problem if one is particularly sensitive to grains like DJR and some others.
I'm definitely an anomaly though.

I recently got deer from both my farmer and my wife's uncle.
The deer from my wife's uncle sits fine without any problems (he hunts in the woods far from crop fields).
The deer from my farmer, which has been gorging on corn from his neighbors' crops the last month or two, has caused minor indigestion and malaise to the point I won't eat it. The deer I got from him a couple months ago, from the same locale, sat fine without any issue as the corn was not mature enough for the deer to be eating extensively.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 03:08:59 pm »
If I were you I wouldn't stress that your meat in not completely perfect 100% of the time (...)  I know some purists here may disagree but it doesn't seem to put me out.

I don't disagree on this point, Yuli. Anyway, according to this website the NZ lamb is 100% grass fed. Moreover some of my long time instincto friends and I have regularly eaten a lot of it for decades and it never triggered any troubles. It's the only commercial meat I eat.

Francois

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 03:57:38 pm »
Ok, thank you very much.  :)
I will do all my possible for having great quality and if not possible I will not cupabilize and have at least organics quality (but the organics I take are surely a little grassfed, so quite good quality).

Tylen, thanks for the precision about fish, sometimes I miss some things as I don't speak very very well english you know  8)
The fish I eat is always wild, cheap and very high quality. I love Bonita  :D  Yeah, I know I repeat myself, but it is such a discovery in my life !!

So this morning I am very motivated, due to a good night and your encouraging posts. No headaches for now, coooooool.

Yuli, I will see for having milk-liver.

Relativity... Yes ! Thanks Miles.

Have a good day/night  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk