Author Topic: Standard diet for the ladies  (Read 6057 times)

Offline Eurofusion

• Forager
    • View Profile
Standard diet for the ladies
« on: May 27, 2009, 07:14:28 pm »
Just wondering what/how much the ladies on the forum are eating, and if you don't mind providing height/weights, this will help me too.

I'm 5'6" and 110lb/50 kg (a hard gainer, no matter how much I eat). I have been doing raw paleo with the occasional break out to cooked foods for about three months. I find sometimes that even when hungry I have no appetite for any food at all, especially meat, although I will eat it anyway. I wonder if this is my body telling me to not eat and just rest. I felt that way today. Admittedly I was extremely tired. Do any of you (guys and gals) find certain circumstances will turn you off meat like this?

I eat raw chicken eggs as well (every morning, two in an egg nogg with liquid fat like coconut cream or oil, or when I was eating raw dairy then milk, plus a half teaspoon of honey). I started using this to chase down my ounce of raw liver/kidney/heart in the morning so that I didn't have to taste the liver, but find I just like the egg nogg anyway, even if I miss organs some mornings. In the morning I also have 1 - 2 ounces of raw ribeye. About 10 am I will have an ounce of berries or a small apple or a fig, then at about 11am I will have another ounce or two of ribeye with half an avocado or coconut cream. I find I can't stomach more than this much meat in one sitting. Come lunch time at 2pm is when I usually am tossing up between cooked food or raw, now that winter has set in down under. I will often get sushimi or beef tataki (the best way to introduce raw meat IMO) but sometimes I am really low in energy or feeling too cold for really cold food, so will grab a couple of nori rolls. Yesterday I needed a hot soup, so had a beef and rice noodles soup. It was good even though it was bad, because I got inspired to make meat broths. That will be a good way to eat raw meat in winter...just boil up some bones and pour the warm broth into a soup bowl with my raw meat.

If 100% raw, my evening will then be maybe another egg nogg and a couple more ounces of meat. Turkey was good. Also lamb cutlets. I have also been indulging in sun dried dates at night.

I found during a recent spell of 100% raw for about a week and a half that I did feel pretty good. Then I bought a litre of raw milk and also contracted some kind of flu like virus a few days after starting on the milk again. Amazingly the flu didn't knock me out like usual - just runny nose, slight sore throat and a bit of a cough for a few days. So because I felt like crap, I have stopped eating dairy to see if that's what's making me feel bad. But it might just be from fighting an infection.

Also, an anti-aging doctor I had a consult with made a prognosis that I have some kind of pancreatic insufficiency, which didn't surprise me. When I eat a lot, my pancreas feels tense. I don't get that feeling when eating raw (although I eat way more when it's cooked food). I can tell when my pancreas is feeling particularly burdened as it manifests as a slightly puffy right eyelid, which I've had for most of the past 13 years except when on strict diets like anti-candida and alkalizing diets. (Interestingly in iridology the right eyeball is where pancreas issues manifest, and in chinese medicine, the eyelids are affected - although in Chinese medicine they call it spleen but it is inclusive of pancreas). Since the virus and the milk I have a fairly puffy eyelid, and feel pretty tired. It was going away when I cut out dairy, but I don't know for sure if that is what was helping, since I also started doing 100% raw towards the end of the no-dairy run.  I'll see how I go without the dairy. It makes it much easier to be 100% raw with the dairy. But if it affects my health, I'll ditch it.

Anyway, so that's kind of my diet. Just wondering whether I am eating enough raw meat and eggs or not.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Standard diet for the ladies
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 07:32:11 pm »
Re dairy:- Raw dairy is notorious for passing on infections, so the flu may come from that. But, more importantly, raw dairy is the no 1 problem food that people experience when trying RVAF diets. In most cases, it's better to avoid dairy altogether.

Re fasting:- I also feel that way, often, and often have a whole-day fast(just mineral-water), here and there, when I feel the need. What people sometimes forget is just how much long-term energy a raw-meat-meal can give you. So you don't necessarily need to eat every single day. Another issue is that constant digestion is not good for the body, IMO. Digestion is a tiring process, and a number of people have claimed that they healed more quickly on days when they weren't actually eating any foods.

You might be interested in the new field of Intermittent Fasting:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 09:37:00 pm »
Listen to Tyler, you sound like a good candidate for fasting.
There are many fasts to choose from.
My longest fast was a 14 day orange juice fast.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Eurofusion

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 05:56:02 pm »

You might be interested in the new field of Intermittent Fasting:-

I would fast if I didn't lose weight so easily and feel physical stress from it. However, since your post I am trying "fasting" in the mornings instead of eating breakfast at 7am. Generally I will get hungry around 9:30 - 10am and then eat maybe half an hour later. So this is not really a fast per se, but it is giving my digestive system an extra few hours of rest. Plus, instead of starting the day with meat and egg nog, I'll just have a small serve of berries. Meat doesn't factor in until at least 11am at the earliest. I'll see how this goes for a while, but so far so good.

William

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 07:36:06 pm »
I would fast if I didn't lose weight so easily and feel physical stress from it. However, since your post I am trying "fasting" in the mornings instead of eating breakfast at 7am. Generally I will get hungry around 9:30 - 10am and then eat maybe half an hour later. So this is not really a fast per se, but it is giving my digestive system an extra few hours of rest. Plus, instead of starting the day with meat and egg nog, I'll just have a small serve of berries. Meat doesn't factor in until at least 11am at the earliest. I'll see how this goes for a while, but so far so good.

I am doing raw zero carbohydrate, and intermittent fasting because they work together. I just do not get hungry before supper time, and I'm not losing weight.
Your berries would make me hungry, then I must break the fast. Same for the carbs in the dairy of egg nog.

Tyler has it right, digestion is tiring and if you eat enough fat you only need it once/day.

I tried beef broth, it just made me feel ill. But that's me. YMMV

Offline Eurofusion

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 04:51:50 pm »
Your berries would make me hungry, then I must break the fast. Same for the carbs in the dairy of egg nog.

Yeh, I do find that once I break the fast I do get hungry about an hour or so later. But I am breaking the fast BECAUSE I am hungry anyway. If I ignore the hunger and don't eat something at least mid morning I am cranky and/or low energy (I do wonder if this is to do, not so much with carbs I am eating, but certain health issues with some of my glands, which I am starting to think were caused by long term vegetarianism!).

I do eat fruit with some kind of fat, eg, an egg or avocado, and that creates a more even and longer spread of energy instead of the sugar high-to-low from eating the fruit on its own. In an ideal world I would be 100% carnivore.

William

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 05:53:28 pm »
I use Bear's way as a guide, you might find it useful:
http://activenocarber.myfreeforum.org/Bear_s_Words_Of_Wisdom_about22.html

A long read, but the most practical.

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 02:31:47 pm »
While I hardly every put any real concern in to how many calories I'm consuming (although sometimes add it up just for gee whiz purposes), I think it may be helpful in your case.  Below is what I understand from your original post:

2 eggs + 1 tbsp coconut oil + 1/2tsp honey + 1oz liver + 2 oz ribeye:  2(70)+120+25+40+90 = 415 calories
small apple, 2oz ribeye, 1/2 avocado = 80+90+160 = 330
4oz? of fish:estimated 30 calories per ounce : 4(30) = 120 
2 eggs, 1tbsp coconut oil, 2 oz ribeye = 350

What this means is you are getting about 1200 calories per day, unless there is something I haven't included.  That's not a whole lot.  Are you active in any way?  I can see how you might get low on energy, especially with the many small meals throughout the day.  You might want to try upping the fat intake, preferably from animal sources.  Bone marrow, suet, hide fat; all good choices.  I may end up getting berated (probably rightfully), but I would say butter is preferable to not getting any more calories, especially in the winter when it's cold.   

The guys here who do IF tend to eat 1 large meal per day, consisting of 1.5-2.5 lbs of fatty meat.  Not sure what their calorie count is, but I'm guessing it's somewhere near 2500-3500 (correct me if I'm wrong).  The only time I ever turn off meat is in between meals (full obviously), or when doing zero carb for over a week(lose desire for meat).   

You mentioned you don't gain weight no matter how much you eat - do you feel that you could benefit from gaining a few pounds?  How much and what did you eat when trying to gain?  Weight isn't always a good indicator of health, but it can be useful.

You have trouble eating more than a few oz meat at any 1 time?  It may help to brown the outside and spice, and eat w/ some tomato/peppers/avocado/etc.  It could be you have a small stomach - maybe need to expand it some (thats a random ass guess btw).  Also, exercise can stimulates appetite in a big way. 
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 04:16:23 pm »
The guys here who do IF tend to eat 1 large meal per day, consisting of 1.5-2.5 lbs of fatty meat.  Not sure what their calorie count is, but I'm guessing it's somewhere near 2500-3500 (correct me if I'm wrong).  The only time I ever turn off meat is in between meals (full obviously), or when doing zero carb for over a week(lose desire for meat). 
I'm one of these quys who do IF with large meat-and-fat meal at the end of the day, plus some fruits like berries earlier in the day, as I do not like to mix them with meat and fat - but it is only during the season when local fruits are available
my calorie count is higher - 3500-4500
I'm tall (1,94 meter) and slim (84 kg)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk