Author Topic: how to prepare raw tongue  (Read 2934 times)

Offline greywolve

• Forager
    • View Profile
how to prepare raw tongue
« on: November 08, 2010, 08:36:15 pm »
does anyone have any advice for eating raw tongue? i have seen cooked recipes which say to blanch the tongue in boiling water in order to take off the skin. do you guys just eat everything like that?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: how to prepare raw tongue
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 08:44:03 pm »
As a RVAF diet newbie, I would cut off the tip of the tongue as well as the entire darker, stringier underside half of the tongue, and just eat the pinker, slab-like part of it, along with the skin. Once I got used to eating rawpalaeo, I ate more and more of it until I eventually ate the whole tongue.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 11:30:22 pm »
I have a hard time chewing the actual bumpy surface part. I tend to just open it up and pick at whatever parts and end up maybe tossing 15-20%. To me its basically just like muscle meat..sometimes tastier.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 02:00:12 am »
does anyone have any advice for eating raw tongue? i have seen cooked recipes which say to blanch the tongue in boiling water in order to take off the skin. do you guys just eat everything like that?
If you really want that hard skin out from the tongue, than burn the tongue directly putting it over a fire; that makes it easy to pull the all skin out while you still enjoy the raw tongue inside.

To KD, yes, tongue is more  delicious than muscle meat.  :D
bugs or country chickens

Offline greywolve

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 07:36:18 pm »
thanks guys, getting some tongue today gonna try out your suggestions :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk