Author Topic: Josh's Newbie Journal  (Read 32279 times)

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Josh's Newbie Journal
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2011, 03:49:13 pm »
Time for another break from the forum I feel. I don't think I have access to any grass fed fats here, and don't enjoy the questionable lamb mince at all.

I have also had many problems adapting to raw paleo and low carb which I've posted about repeatedly, and can't deal with the ups and downs with work and life at the moment.  So back to doing the best I can with diet, and not thinking about how it's harming me too much!

Hopefully...someday...maybe I can be raw paleo. All the best in the meantime. Happy hunting!

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2011, 06:38:27 pm »
Time for another break from the forum I feel. I don't think I have access to any grass fed fats here, and don't enjoy the questionable lamb mince at all.

I have also had many problems adapting to raw paleo and low carb which I've posted about repeatedly, and can't deal with the ups and downs with work and life at the moment.  So back to doing the best I can with diet, and not thinking about how it's harming me too much!

Hopefully...someday...maybe I can be raw paleo. All the best in the meantime. Happy hunting!
Take care Josh. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2011, 11:22:31 pm »
... I ... don't enjoy the questionable lamb mince at all.

I ran into a problem with lamb mince.  I picked out a lamb shoulder at a different Whole Foods Market where I haven't had them mince me anything before.  It seems their grinding machine must have had leftover soap in it.  Just wondering if you or others had this problem.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2011, 11:40:20 pm »
Thanks djr_81.

No idea about soap rawzi. This lamb is ready ground, but I'm just not convinced it's grass fed it seems much worse quality than some UK and I'm not confident eating it as a staple.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2011, 09:12:06 am »
My butcher market often runs specials on ground lamb, so I tried some. Now, raw lamb is one of my favorite foods, but minced was objectionable to me, so I ended up throwing it out. Along this line, I used to like ground beef somewhat, and don't care for it anymore. But, the lamb was absolutely repugnant - maybe the fat doesn't take well to grinding.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2011, 05:00:34 pm »
..butcher market often runs specials on ground lamb, so I tried ... Now, raw lamb is one of my favorite..s, but minced was objectionable to me,.. I ended up throwing it out. ... But, the lamb was absolutely repugnant - maybe the fat doesn't take.. to grinding.

Maybe good lamb fat in fatty lamb picks up all their solvents from their grinding machines better than lean meat or grain-fed fat can. Smart way to get soap into us, the jerks!
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk