Author Topic: Lifestyles of The Raw and Paleo  (Read 35773 times)

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Lifestyles of The Raw and Paleo
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 05:27:17 pm »
Nice topic,
you're looking great guys :)

Fruitarian and most raw vegan seem so thinny... I don't feel kind of security with them and I prefer a lot to be in strong arms.

Apparently my physique was not so bad on fruitarism (http://picasaweb.google.com/114295726915272569910)
but I was missing some strenght (only fruits = skinny or fatty...) and now I can already feel my muscles growing alone !
Hoping my flexibility on yoga will be the same (and more) with paleo style.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 01:57:07 am »
The shape of your forearm is quite simmilar to mine.
Yes, very much so. I notice that too. Even our veins seems to do similar patterns.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 01:58:24 am »
Yeah, but my height is 1,94 m, so I'm quite tall ;)
How tall is that in feet? 5, 11?

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 02:20:02 am »
I don't feel kind of security with them and I prefer a lot to be in strong arms.

my physique was not so bad

Enchanté..    :o

How tall is that in feet? 5, 11?

nah its like 6' 3.5"

i'm bet 6' and 6' "1 and mostly +/- 160 in those photos.

In case it was confusing, welterweight is 147, but I meant one that let themselves go/cheated after a fight. 160 is 'middleweight' but that doesn't sound sexy at all!

[god, my edit took forever to post! I think the traffic for this thread is slowing the server!]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 02:29:55 am by KD »

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 02:50:59 am »
How tall is that in feet?
6,36 feet
or
6' and 4.37"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 03:03:52 am by Hannibal »
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Cinna

• Bear Hunter
  • "dreamy/dreamer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 04:00:42 am »
oh, I listed you as "big game hunter" on the other thread ;D

...I thought I was "the big game hunter"... -\  I'm so confused... (am I the "Long Island MMA crusher"? or "Nicole"??)

Very well done, Mr. K - on concept, invitation for participation, and execution. Your graphic novel-esque approach to telling an entertaining and inspiring story is brilliant and courageous. Thank you for sharing and entertaining.

Great on the other pix that people have posted - beautiful! :)

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 04:11:37 am »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2010, 04:12:20 am »
6,36 feet
or
6' and 4.37"
1 meter = 3.2808399 feet GOOGLE
Ahh you are a pretty big guy. I got cousins in Jordan very tall. About that height or even taller. They live in the mountainous areas in Al Shobak.

Perhaps height is an adaptation in hilly or mountainous areas.
Also also got very short cousins too. My brother and I are in middle. 5, 10 to 5, 11.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 04:17:47 am »
This is really off topic.
But KD You remind of KC off of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/b/b0/Eliaskoteas.jpg

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2010, 04:26:47 am »
Perhaps height is an adaptation in hilly or mountainous areas.
Sherpa people who live in Himalaya Mountains are relatively very short.
Look at the tall Masai - most of them live on the plain areas.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2010, 04:33:34 am »
Sherpa people who live in Himalaya Mountains are relatively very short.
Look at the tall Masai - most of them live on the plain areas.
I was just thinking about that. Perhaps also to see over grasses is a reason for height too. Also the long thin body helps keep them cool.
Guess it all depends. The African pygmies are in a hot climate, but their small bodies make them very maneuverable in the forest.

I find long legs an advantage to walking up hills and cliff sides. But my short mom has an easier time moving through the woods than me.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2010, 04:37:09 am »
I see hills where some maasai are. I saw a vid of them on a big hill trying to get a lion too.

huge hill in background
http://calorielab.com/news/wp-images/post-images/maasai-group-jumping.jpg

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2010, 04:39:39 am »
If you are in very cold regions, being short protects against frostbite/exposure. Being tall, I think, also protects more against heat, though not sure re the latter.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2010, 04:42:26 am »
If you are in very cold regions, being short protects against frostbite/exposure. Being tall, I think, also protects more against heat, though not sure re the latter.
Yeah it all depends. Whether your in thick woods, open lands, high/low elevation, near the sea, in an arid zone. Many variables to consider.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2010, 04:46:58 am »
...I thought I was "the big game hunter"... -\  I'm so confused... (am I the "Long Island MMA crusher"? or "Nicole"??)

be brave sweets. pick whoever you want or make whatever you want, I was just messing around and wanted to put it out there that people are probably more interesting then they think, and mostly I just posted people that have spoken about athleticism so it wasn't even comprehensive. I didn't want mine to be too much of a before/after but I don't have alot of photos of me out and about. Need to hang out more with the iphone crowd I guess. Well I do have a few more but I'll let some other people go first :)

This is really off topic.
But KD You remind of KC off of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/b/b0/Eliaskoteas.jpg

lol. HOW is that off topic??

I remember the character from the comics (which actually pretty genius, well drawn, not to mention violent) but had to google the film character (even tho I am certain I saw it in the theater).The actor looked so familiar..he plays the cop in the new version of Let The Right One In (Let Me In)

from wiki:
Arnold "Casey" Jones is a character from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series. Like the turtles, Casey Jones is a vigilante, and was created as a parody of vigilante characters that were in comics. Casey wears a hockey mask and cut-off biking gloves and carries his weapons in a golf bag over his shoulder. His weapons include baseball bats, golf clubs, cricket bats, and hockey sticks. He is a master of stealth, as he has never been caught by the NYPD despite his bizarre appearance. In recent installments, he appears as a love interest for April O'Neil."

This sounds pretty much like me.

ok so Yuli's/Cinna's/Ioanna's/Louna's fashion-story is she is a young up and coming reporter investigating illegal MMA fights held in the sewers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_O%27Neil#Animated_series_.281987-1996.29
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 07:20:17 am by KD »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2010, 06:31:52 am »
hahahaha

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2010, 06:47:26 am »
from wiki:

ok so Yuli's/Cinna's/Ioanna's/Louna's fashion-story is she is a young up and coming reporter investigating illegal MMA fights held in the sewers.

my english is too bad, I can't understand what you're saying :( sad, because it seems to be funny
no need to say google translation does'nt help here

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2010, 06:56:21 am »
no need to say google translation does'nt help here

yeah, it was a really obscure reference. I edited my post somewhat now..

basically Sully said I was like this character from a movie that was also a comic and a tv show from the 80's-90's. The character had a love interest that was a reporter on the show at least. A fashion-story is like those spreads in Conde Nast magazines that tell a story with pictures where they use almost cinema level production into sets and so forth to make the models and clothing look more exotic.

GS had originally said we should do a thread with a guy and a girl showcasing their physiques or sex appeal or whatever, so I was just playing off of that for a girl counterpoint to my eccentric character. :)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2010, 07:14:31 am »
This is for KD, the famous K on my neck.

^ BRUCE INCARNATE!

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2010, 11:06:51 am »
Heres the mountains in Shobak where I have tall relatives. Long legs seem so benificial.

Heres my cousin who is taller (he doesn't look much taller, but he is a good 1-2 inches taller, and I am not short, being 5, 10.5 to 5, 11). His first cousins are tall too. Maybe it's because they grew up in that fresh mountain air.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2010, 12:01:22 pm »

here is the lush green outskirts within the limits of NYC, an ex miltary base on the edge of Queens.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2011, 05:51:20 am »

I went on a date with this girl and we broke into a graveyard and walked around. It was all lit up during a large yellow moon. Perfect.

---

I've been getting into more wild herbs, mushrooms and exotic plants as an effective dietary supplement and also as a hobby/interest.
I ordered some wildcrafted seeds and am going to try to create an interior 'garden' of sorts.

---

I talked with a buddy of mine who is also on a similar diet and I may end up getting a place with him and some other guys that are apparently at least amenable to others on this lifestyle. Interior compost with worms, meat lockers..the whole shebang are in discussion. Should be pretty interesting. Nothing set in stone yet.

I'm also trying to figure out some way to get more game meats into my diet, I already eat a fair amount of wild seafoods, seaweeds and other foods, but not some much wild red meats. I'm going to be looking into bow training and other related skill training in my area and hopefully at the very least will find people already involved in such things that have access to game.

I posted this stuff here as opposed to my journal. uh journal... to maybe incite some discussion on these kinds of lifestyle things.

here I posted my most recent pic:
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/off-topic/not-all-dieticians-are-as-anti-paleo-as-i-previously-believed/msg62214/#msg62214

Still don't have the easiest time keeping or putting weight on, but if I could stay at this build fairly effortlessly (eating wise, not exercise) i'd be fairly satisfied.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2011, 07:39:12 am »
well I haven't yet matched Hannibal or Sully yet..but I have made some progress with my largest organ - thats right my skin

as mentioned I had the gooey fruitarian film that clouded everything prior to 3 or so years ago with RAF didn't change to a large degree till the last two. Of course exercise plays a role, but mostly its diet, sunshine, and other skin cleaning practices. I've included a pic of one night of 'scratching' can do even after showering only with a shower filter..or periods without showering/soap at all still yields in the skin.

featured also is my bed for sleeping and some exotic fare. I would wish to put pics of sandy beaches and beautiful bombshells but some people wish to remain private or something. enjoy.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2011, 07:36:57 am »
@KD, your bed looks so cool. All those organs are super delicious. Definitely paleo is the best. All about simplicity of life. Who needs a kitchen or a bed?
bugs or country chickens

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2011, 01:02:53 am »
@KD, your bed looks so cool. All those organs are super delicious. Definitely paleo is the best. All about simplicity of life. Who needs a kitchen or a bed?

not me! although I enjoy to sleep in a bed or cook in a kitchen on occasion. Its certainly more of a novelty, for fun in comparison to most folks

some more veiny action. not a great shot but you can see here on the shoulder. This is despite cycling some starchy roots and a few more fruits here and there and putting on a few lbs. Legs probably made the most progress over the spring/summer. a year ago they were still pretty stickly.

havn't been working out as much, but still hanging in there, having fun.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:12:22 am by KD »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk