Author Topic: Metabolism switch high fat  (Read 6154 times)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Metabolism switch high fat
« on: November 12, 2010, 06:05:49 am »
I was wondering what happens to human metabolism when he stops taking carbs
and switch to high fat protein diet?

I know that when you fast your body starting to using its own fat for energy right?
So my theory is metabolism switches to starvation mode for first time and starting using its own bodyfat to produce energy.
Then when adapted to high fat diet the body uses the FAT THAT WE EAT to make energy??

But how?? insulin? or only carbs make your insulin spike that much??
how it works and is this a good approach for high performance?

The fasting and at the end of the day 1huge steak with lots of FATS AND PROTEIN?? will provide all the needs?
I read so much about the importance of carbs and eating through the day I just cant find any information on how this
can work -X
Even paul check recommends 3 Meals a day with snacks between + cooking lol and he is like god of sport and nutrition and high performance no?

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Metabolism switch high fat
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 10:35:50 am »
this makes logical sense to me, i jsut started RZC diet this week, and i have been eating a TON of bone marrow. its awesome, i am way warmer, have put 10pounds on my lanky 6'0 138pound frame (now 148 in ONE WEEK), have high energy, simple eating, but i still feel the old 'hunger' in need of carbs feeling for like 30mins at a time sometimes, but its going away mroe and more.

one concern i have is that when i am playing soccer hard or running (which i only do sprints, or intense agility for socccer) my heart feels tight for 10seconds, which has never happened ever in my life. I figure the fat is foriegn to my body, but i am in good shape so i am not worried. could anyone explain this plz?

about the constant eating thing, this is only necesary when runnign on glycemic energy, fat is stored on u and u will burn as u need (way more efficient). i used to think people like LEx saying one meal a day was fcking retarded and imposible, till i tried rzc. LIIVING WITHOUT A SUGER CRASH EVERY 3HOURS IS AWESOME (WHICH PBLIC CONFUSES WITH HUNGER)!!!!!!!!!!!!
The price is wrong Bob

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 05:08:00 pm »
What if someone plays alot basketball,football aerobic activity?
how to determinate how much carbs and when to eat them? protein and fat is a the evening but carbs?
about bone marrow you eat it raw? I rememeber long time ago my grandfather used to boil the bones in water and then almost drink
it from there it was like liquid shit and I never liked it lol you cook it or its raw?

RZC = raw zero carbs right?

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 06:30:11 pm »
how to determinate how much carbs and when to eat them?
Read this - http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/how-many-carbohydrates-do-you-need.html
protein and fat is a the evening but carbs?
Carbs (fruits) 1-2 hours before meat and fat. I eat this way.
But some people say that it is better to eat the carbs at the end of day (as a serotonine "booster").
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 06:43:19 pm »
how to determinate how much carbs and when to eat them? protein and fat is a the evening but carbs?

Ask a chimp how he determines that, or else go back in time and ask a fellow homo erectus!  ;)

about bone marrow you eat it raw? I rememeber long time ago my grandfather used to boil the bones in water and then almost drink
it from there it was like liquid shit and I never liked it lol you cook it or its raw?

Yes raw.

Yes, I think so.

Cheers
Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline rawcarni

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 03:55:24 pm »
What if someone plays alot basketball,football aerobic activity?

Yes raw zero carbs. I also eat this way. I am doing lots of aerobic activity (ultrarunning is my passion). What I have experienced is that I absolutely feel no hunger after my runs, which I always do in the morning, right after getting up. I will eat when I come home from work at night. There are no blood sugar swings throughout the day, just a feeling of total calmness and a very relaxed mind (but no tiredness, very high energy). The best thing however eating RZC is that ow I never "hit the wall" during runs anymore-sure I get tired during very long runs, but it's a graduall decline of energy-not these "crashes" that I got when eating vegan.
cheers Nicole

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk