Author Topic: emergency fat?  (Read 6396 times)

Offline nicole

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
emergency fat?
« on: November 12, 2010, 08:05:05 am »
What do you eat if you got a bad batch of fat from the butcher? -[ this rarely happens for me, maybe once every couple months. i just cannot eat plain protein without fat to go with. it makes my head hurt if i eat too much protein. the fat also helps my digestion. what i ate this time was organic butter. for 2 days until the next half of beef was cut.
Give it to us raw, and wriggling. You keep nasty chips.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: emergency fat?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 08:09:47 am »
In such a situation, the best thing in future is to buy some raw fat like raw marrow or raw suet but just place it in the freezer and only eat it if other sources of raw fat become unavailable.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:59:11 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 08:28:39 am »
In such a situation, the best thing in future is to buy some raw fat like raw marrow or raw suet but just place it in the freewer and only eat it if other sources of raw fat become unavailable.
That's what I have to do regardless. Most of my fat is frozen. Unless there is enough fat on the meat I buy.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 08:31:41 am »
You could get some fatty ground beef from the store.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 08:57:29 am »
The same thing just happend to me
I got 4 pounds of lamb fat with my beef and it tasted like rancid grains, Its free so I cant complain too much, and to add insult to injury, this time of year all the bone marrow disappears from the whole foods market, so I am starving for fat and have experienced the headache mentoned above. Tomorrow I will get a fresh chunk of lamb fat and hopefully its good. Ever so often this happens but I usually have more reserve in the freezer, but I got spoiled on the 1 dollar per pound fat trimmings from wholefoods and just expected to always have that to fall back on(it dried up with the marrow supply). Its the one scary thought I have, what will happen to me in a disaster or if I am locked up and have to go cold turkey come off a rzc diet.

no seriously judge you cant put me in jail the food will kill me, I need raw flesh to live!!!
(could you imagine the look of disbelief in the courtroom while they take me away screaming)
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline nicole

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 09:19:50 am »
okay, thanks. luckily this rarely happens. I think that the fat was held in a too damp of area. so i told them at the buthcers about the problem.

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 11:27:13 am »
probably already occured to u but.... fasting time ??
The price is wrong Bob

Offline nicole

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 11:28:43 am »
heavens no...i work too much for fasting.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 01:21:25 pm »
Does raw fat keep well in the freezer?
How long?
Does it deteriorate?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 04:23:59 pm »
All this makes me glad I'm not RZC.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 11:00:42 pm »
egg yolks

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 12:20:11 am »
egg yolks

I second the motion on egg yolks

I'm omnivore myself, but I must have my fats and I prefer fats.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 04:58:41 am »
From my experience it seems that my need for fat hardly changes however much I do as there's only so much I can metabolise, so past that point I've got to have protein and/or carbs. My body doesn't want to take in more fat than it's using because it would only have to store it. Any excess fat has to be pushed through the colon somehow, either by unabsorbed plant matter, or by water(diahrrea) or it's going to make me throw up, or just sit in there bogging me down. I much prefer to get all my carbs/protein from meat(as opposed to plants/honey) and do much better on it, but it is so expensive. I can't wait to be hunting so I can eat lots of meat. I always want some fat, but if eating just meat/fat I can go on less fat than I'm using for weeks and then eat more fat in one go. Unlike my need for protein/carbs, my need for fat, above a minimal daily quantity(just for digestion) is never urgent, as I can live fine off of my stores and then top it up. When eating plants though(to top up my carbs/protein if I can't afford enough meat protein) I feel my need for fat increase. I think this is because the plant matter takes away fat from my digestive system/pushes it through, so I need to replace it, as opposed to that I'm actually metabolising any more fat.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 05:07:00 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk