Author Topic: Egg Yolks: Raw vs. Cooked  (Read 3465 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Egg Yolks: Raw vs. Cooked
« on: November 11, 2010, 12:25:45 pm »
Is there any reason that raw egg yolks (not talking about whites in this thread) is superior to cooked yolks other than heat-created toxins? Is there any nutritional difference? Does anyone have any studies supporting the toxin or nutrition angles? Someone at another forum is asking me about this.

Thanks
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Egg Yolks: Raw vs. Cooked
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 12:03:20 am »
I don't know but when you hard boil an egg the yolk is not very pleasant to eat its so dehyrated I dont wana eat it without drinking some juice or water with it.
our body has to rehydrate it with our water and enzymes to make it just as it was before cooking lol so I think raw is more easy to digest.
about nutrients some minerals are just destroyed by cooking.

Correct me if im wrong  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk