Author Topic: High meat time!  (Read 8882 times)

Offline andvanwyk

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
High meat time!
« on: November 12, 2010, 07:22:42 pm »
This high meat that I'm brewing has been going since October 30. It is leg of lamb cut up into small pieces. It progressed extremely fast I must say! It stinks like the smells that come from the harbour when the wind is blowing in my direction. The outside also started to go green all around, although you can't see it because I seperated the pieces with a fork. I have 2 jars going at the same time of the same type of meat. I made 2 jars so that I can sample the one jar as it goes along. Today is the first day that I tried some (a small piece). I want to sample a small piece every day and then when it's been fermenting a month I'll increase the "dose" until I feel something happening. Hopefully I'll keep you guys posted. I ate the first piece about an hour ago and I haven't noticed too much yet.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: High meat time!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 09:28:04 pm »
I got only a very mild effect from slightly-aged high-meat stored in the fridge for a few days. To get the full effect I needed to wait at least 21 days(if the fridge was not at too cold a setting) and make sure to eat at least 2 cubic inches of high-meat - even then, the amazing effects generally only started appearing  on the morning of the next day after a night's sleep.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 05:44:56 am »
That's definitely a fresh meat.  ;D
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 09:53:46 am »
My high meat is over a year old now and I hardly notice any smell any more. Am I getting used to the smell or does the smell decrease with time?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 11:35:23 am »
may we see a pic of this one year old meat?  :D

Offline andvanwyk

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 01:30:36 am »
Today I didn't eat any high meat because I knew I was going to eat cooked food. Is this a mistake? Can one eat high meat and cooked food on the same day without becoming sick? I eat most of my meat very rare cooked anyway... Struggling to enjoy completely raw meat at this point but I've come a long way if I think back a year or two where I couldn't even eat my meat rare.

I know it's not completely high yet but the average person would never ever ever in a million years eat that lamb. It STINKS and normal people would say it's beyond rotten.

I had like 2 hours yesterday of elevated mood and a bit of euphoria where it felt like my inhibitions were slightly lowered. Don't know if it has anything to do with the meat or not. Placebo effect? Time will tell :) At least I didn't get sick or anything.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 01:34:21 am »
The whole point of high-meat is that you get that elevated mood effect and increased alertness etc.

As for mixing high-meat and cooked food, it actually works better than mixing fresh, raw meats with cooked foods. Indeed, I and others have found that it minimises the hangover-like effect of eating cooked foods and speeds up digestion because of the extra bacteria.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 11:51:39 am »
I need to buy a camera first before photos, sorry. It doesn't look much different than it did early on--it just gradually accumulates more liquid. The taste and smell change is more dramatic. It tastes increasingly salty over time and smells less to me.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline andvanwyk

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 10:44:10 pm »
Tomorrow I want to try some more high meat. Today when I aired it out the one jar made a loud popping sound. I forgot to air it out yesterday and the day before but did it at least 90% of days before that. Can this be dangerous with regards to anaerobic bacteria/botulism and stuff like that?

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 05:01:40 am »
i really would like a guide or youtube video tutorial on this from an experienced creator of authentic high meat. i have failed every time i've tried using stew meat from grass fed lamb or beef, stored in glass mason jars in the fridge and aired out every other day.

also what is the difference between this high meat and fermented meat/fish like they eat in scandinavia?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk