Author Topic: Quote of the Day(inspired by SD's post)  (Read 140156 times)

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Quote of the Day(inspired by SD's post)
« Reply #250 on: October 22, 2012, 05:19:02 am »
it was in the prologue of a book i was reading at the time, but i can't remember which book!?  i'll try to find it!

It's from the Green Witch Guide.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 22, 2012, 07:01:59 am »
Ooo, Tesla, cool. Here are some more from him:

"A single ray of light from a distant star falling upon the eye of a tyrant in bygone times may have altered the course of his life, may have changed the destiny of nations, may have transformed the surface of the globe, so intricate, so inconceivably complex are the processes in Nature."

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. "
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 22, 2012, 07:12:55 am »
Ooo, Tesla, cool. Here are some more from him:

"A single ray of light from a distant star falling upon the eye of a tyrant in bygone times may have altered the course of his life, may have changed the destiny of nations, may have transformed the surface of the globe, so intricate, so inconceivably complex are the processes in Nature."

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. "
Wow PP,
Where ja get that pearl?
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 22, 2012, 07:33:39 am »
Not sure, I think it was from here: http://www.quotesstar.com/quotes/a/a-single-ray-of-light-174324.html. I probably should have checked the original sources, as the Internet is notoriously prone to misattribution, but I haven't yet heard of Tesla being badly misquoted and got excited by seeing his quotes.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 29, 2012, 05:47:11 am »
"Only a fool fights a battle he knows he cannot win." -Chinggis Khaan (Genghis Khan)

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 21, 2012, 09:06:56 am »
“As soon as one stops searching for knowledge, or if one imagines that it need not be creatively sought in the depths of the human spirit but can be assembled extensively by collecting and classifying facts, everything is irrevocably and forever lost.”
Wilhelm von Humboldt
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 21, 2012, 12:57:52 pm »
"The rich are not those who have the most, but those who need the least."

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 22, 2012, 02:00:30 am »
Absolutely Joy!
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 24, 2012, 08:46:25 am »
interesting thought.
Cheers
Al

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 26, 2012, 01:45:08 pm »
i'll offer three quickies:

"some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb..."  adam west as batman

"the stupid shall be punished"  someone i met years ago, whose name i can't remember (???)

"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty, and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

done here.
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 27, 2012, 01:26:05 am »
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 11, 2012, 01:48:13 am »
Research is to see what everyone else has seen and to think what nobody has thought.
Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

Taken from Dr (MD) Robert O Becker's "Cross Currents" Chap. Four, Turning on the body's electrical system: Minimal-energy techniques.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 31, 2013, 02:12:02 pm »
You see things; and you say, “Why?”

But I dream things that never were; and I say,

“Why not?”

George Bernard Shaw1
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 31, 2013, 02:13:01 pm »
Health is not valued till sickness comes.

Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 31, 2013, 02:14:03 pm »
Longevity is only desirable if it increases the

duration of youth, and not that of old age.

The lengthening of the senescent period would

be a calamity.

Alexis Carrel (1935)
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 31, 2013, 02:14:24 pm »
The history of medicine is a history of conflict.

We should be making awards for infamy, but the

list would be too long and thus no one would

stand out.

Abram Hoffer, Speech at the 2nd Annual

Orthomolecular Medicine Hall of Fame Induction

Banquet, “The Orthomolecular Oscars” cited by

Saul, A.W. (2005). Doctor Yourself Newsletter, 5(12)
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 31, 2013, 02:15:48 pm »
Science became an educated cadaver of thought, above which congregate expert players.  If the encyclopedia of the ignorance of the acknowledged authorities in the history were to be published, it would number many fat volumes.  Nothing will interest scientists anymore.  They are like oxen which feed off fenced-off pasture.

Professor Wlodzimierz Sedlak
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 31, 2013, 02:16:05 pm »
The bigger the investment the stronger the denial.

Phil Rickman, The Lamp of the Wicked (2003)
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #268 on: January 31, 2013, 04:55:01 pm »
I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.
Rabindranath Tagore
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2013, 05:02:36 pm »
I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.
Rabindranath Tagore
Rabindranath is a pure joy to read, thanks Tyler
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 04, 2013, 10:52:35 am »
"Everything will work out in the end,
and if everything is not working out,
it is because it is not the end"

Indian expression I heard in "The Marigold Hotel"
Cheers
Al

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 17, 2013, 06:59:17 am »
I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

Without contraries is no progression. Attraction and repulsion, reason and energy, love and hate, are necessary to human existence. - William Blake

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 24, 2013, 04:40:37 am »
Our Father, who art in heaven,
 hallowed be thy Name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those
 who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever. Amen

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 29, 2013, 02:12:19 am »
"We  Americans are so tired of being thought of as dumb asses by the rest of  the world, that we went to the polls this past  November and removed all doubt."

Clint Eastwood

(For the record you can remove the word "Americans" and insert whatever country you want in there,)
Cheers
Al

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 29, 2013, 06:18:10 am »
Our Father, who art in heaven,
 hallowed be thy Name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those
 who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever. Amen

I've always wondered 1) what exactly this means, and 2) who made this up since the whole Jesus story is based on another story, and both are based on astrology.

1 because I don't really think forgiveness makes sense. I mean, do we really want to forgive Monsanto while we let them destroy our food supply? Obviously not. We want to stop them before it's not just salmon that's gmo, but beef, chicken, turkey, etc. And before it's not just pineapple and papaya, but all our fruits, veggies and nuts are gmo. Same thing applies to every aspect of corporations, government entities, and health care destroying our quality of life.

2 - http://thecounterpunch.hubpages.com/hub/Jesus-and-the-Astrological-Zodiac

"Broadly speaking, the story of Horus is as follows: Horus was born on December 25th [S14] [S15] of the virgin Isis-Meri.[S16] [S17] [S18] His birth was accompanied by a star in the east [S19], which in turn, three kings followed to locate and adorn the new-born savior [S20] [S21] At the age of 12, he was a prodigal child teacher, and at the age of 30 [S22] [S23] he was baptized by a figure known as Anup and thus began his ministry [S24]. Horus had 12 disciples [S25] he traveled about with, performing miracles [S26] [S27] such as healing the sic [S28] and walking on water [S29]. Horus was known by many gestural names such as The Truth, The Light, God's Annointed Son, The Good Shepherd, The Lamb of God, and many others [S30] [S31]. After being betrayed by Typhon [S32], Horus was crucified [S33] [S34], buried for 3 days [S35], and thus, resurrected.[S36] [S37]."

Notice they're saying "Horus," not Jesus. Yes, an ancient religion in Egypt, based on astrology, has the EXACT SAME STORY as Jesus'.

Here are several other "sons of God," born in various other places, having the same story.

"These attributes of Horus, whether original or not, seem to permeate in many cultures of the world, for many other gods are found to have the same general mythological structure.

Attis, of Phyrigia, born of the virgin Nana on December 25th, crucified, placed in a tomb and after 3 days, was resurrected. [S38] [S39] [S40] [S41] [S42] [S43]

Krishna, of India, born of the virgin Devaki with a star in the east signaling his coming, performed miracles with his disciples, and upon his death was resurrected. [S44] [S45] [S46] [S47] [S48] [M2]

Dionysus of Greece, born of a virgin on December 25th, was a traveling teacher who performed miracles such as turning water into wine, he was referred to as the "King of Kings," "God's Only Begotten Son," "The Alpha and Omega," and many others, and upon his death, he was resurrected.[S49] [S50] [S51] [S52] [S53] [M]

Mithra, of Persia, born of a virgin on December 25th, he had 12 disciples and performed miracles, and upon his death was buried for 3 days and thus resurrected, he was also referred to as "The Truth," "The Light," and many others. Interestingly, the sacred day of worship of Mithra was Sunday.[S54] [S55] [S56] [S57] [S58] [M]"

Explanation how these made up characters are nothing more than descriptions of astrology.

"First of all, the birth sequence is completely astrological. The star in the east is Sirius, the brightest star in the night sky, which, on December 24th, aligns with the 3 brightest stars in Orion's Belt. [S60] These 3 bright stars are called today what they were called in ancient times: The Three Kings.[S61][S62] The Three Kings and the brightest star, Sirius, all point to the place of the sunrise on December 25th.[S63] This is why the Three Kings "follow" the star in the east, in order to locate the sunrise -- the birth of the sun.[S64]

The Virgin Mary is the constellation Virgo, [S65] also known as Virgo the Virgin. Virgo in Latin means virgin. The ancient glyph for Virgo is the altered "m". This is why Mary along with other virgin mothers, such as Adonis's mother Myrrha [S66], or Buddha's mother Maya [S67] begin with an M.[S68] Virgo is also referred to as the House of Bread [S69] [S70], and the representation of Virgo is a virgin holding a sheaf of wheat. This House of Bread and its symbol of wheat represents August and September, the time of harvest. In turn, Bethlehem, in fact, literally translates to "house of bread". [S71] Bethlehem is thus a reference to the constellation Virgo, a place in the sky, not on Earth. [S72]"

So, who made up these teachings that so many believe are from a "savior?" Was it government leaders looking to manipulate the masses into letting them do whatever they want?

Seems like it with teachings like "forgive," "turn the other cheek," etc. What would a government like more than people who say, it's ok that you're screwing us, we're going to forgive you, turn the other cheek, and allow you to keep screwing us.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk