Author Topic: Quote of the Day(inspired by SD's post)  (Read 140280 times)

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Quote of the Day(inspired by SD's post)
« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2011, 02:41:49 pm »
"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."  Hassan i Sabbah, leader of the Assasins sect in the Middle-East.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/hashashin.html

They made a video game about this group, its pretty bad ass.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2011, 05:35:59 pm »
“Beware of meat twice boil'd, & an old foe reconcil'd.”
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)’ Poor Richard's Almanac’

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2011, 05:55:12 am »
I tell you, every generation breeds a more rabbity generation, with India rubber tubing for guts and tin legs and tin faces. Tin people! It's all a steady sort of bolshevism just killing off the human thing, and worshipping the mechanical thing. Money, money, money! All the modern lot get their real kick out of killing the old human feeling out of man, making mincemeat of the old Adam and the old Eve. They're all alike. The world is all alike: kill off the human reality, a quid for every foreskin, two quid for each pair of balls. What is cunt but machine-fucking!--It's all alike. Pay 'em money to cut off the world's cock. Pay money, money, money to them that will take spunk out of mankind, and leave 'em all little twiddling machines.' --from Lady Chatterley's Lover by D. H. Lawrence, 1928
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2011, 08:33:54 am »
"God does not play dice." --Einstein

"God is the dice." --unknown
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2011, 10:30:40 am »
"God is the die." --unknown person who can speak English.

Or

"God are the dice."  --person considering God as plurality rather than unity

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2011, 12:32:03 pm »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2011, 07:05:49 am »
Quoted by magnetic:
"God is the die." --unknown person who can speak English.
If anyone cares, "God is the dice" is correct gramatically (the dice are a metaphorical representation of chance, but even if they were real, one God could be composed of, or inhabit, a pair of dice) and even if it weren't I would use it anyway, because it sounds better. ;D Although "God is the die" sounds interestingly like "God is death." Hmmm, I still think I'll take God as chance over God as death. ;D

"God are the dice."  --person considering God as plurality rather than unity
For that case I think you mean "The Gods are the dice."

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2011, 09:29:16 am »
If everyone knew everything then nobody would need anybody.
Ignorance rules the world.

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2011, 10:11:58 am »
If anyone cares, "God is the dice" is correct gramatically (the dice are a metaphorical representation of chance, but even if they were real, one God could be composed of, or inhabit, a pair of dice) and even if it weren't I would use it anyway, because it sounds better. ;D Although "God is the die" sounds interestingly like "God is death." Hmmm, I still think I'll take God as chance over God as death. ;D
For that case I think you mean "The Gods are the dice."

Not for a Catholic.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2011, 11:54:27 am »
Not for a Catholic.
That's a good lad, but haven't you heard of the Elohim yet? Never mind, it's a long story. ;)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2011, 08:59:06 am »
"I don’t think anybody’s saying Homo erectus were too dumb to know how to make fire—but they are saying they were cold adapted so they didn’t need it." --K. Kris Hirst, Lower Paleolithic Controlled Use of Fire? Not so much, March 16, 2011

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2011, 07:08:16 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FG6J6RPB9U&feature=feedu
"Ireland's king of comedy Dara O'Briain reveals how a little bit of bacteria isn't necessarily a bad thing for children."

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2011, 09:27:28 am »
 We were tempered in raw shit", George Carlin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnmMNdiCz_s&feature=fvwrel

He was brilliant ,

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2011, 03:17:47 pm »
That George Carlin Video was  hilarious.  We need a rawpalaeo humour section for this sort of thing.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2011, 03:23:49 pm »
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.

John Locke

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2011, 09:46:11 pm »
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.

John Locke

A sound mind in a sound body?

My english suck I dont get it can you explain it lol sorry but I have to understand it or I get mad  -\

Sound?

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2011, 10:00:02 pm »
A different meaning of the word 'sound' is if something is strong, no problems with it.

So a healthy body and mind with no problems.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2011, 10:30:54 pm »
so its like strong mind in a strong body ya?
thanks ;D

healthy mind in healthy body

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2011, 03:10:23 am »
"Taxes are what we pay for civilized society" --Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

We also pay with our health and well being. Is the price worth it?

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2011, 04:50:08 am »
Taxes are the price we pay to avoid being kidnapped or murdered
...until the masses either wake up or die off.
Thanks to the internet for catalyzing the former, medical community for catalyzing the latter.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2011, 02:09:00 am »
The human race is governed by it's imagination
Napoleon
Cheers
Al

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2011, 07:59:34 pm »
"The acceptance of death gives you more of a stake in life, in living life happily, as it should be lived. Living for the moment." - Sting
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 06, 2011, 04:27:06 pm »
Haven’t read all yet so I apologise if one of the following is already there.

“Reality is merely an illusion albeit a very persistent one.” Einstein

“The first thing we should do is kill all lawyers.” Shakespeare

“Bad people do bad things all the time but to make good people do bad things you need religion for that” forget who but read it in R. Dawkins The god delusion

"You must understand that it is not only possible, but highly desirable, to do several things simultaneously; thus, it happened that I was operating an international airline, importing thousands of live wild animals, producing films for television and building exercise machines all at the same time. In my opinion, many of our current problems are direct results of specialization; which is why the scientific community has now degenerated to the point of being a sick joke." Arthur Jones

"A long list of people all over the world have followed a pattern that seems to be stamped into the genes of many people: IGNORE, RIDICULE, ATTACK, COPY, STEAL." Arthur Jones

“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H. L. Mencken

“All that is necessary for bad man to do bad thing is for good man to do nothing”

And of course my signature
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2011, 10:20:30 am »
The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible.

A. Einstein
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 13, 2011, 10:21:05 am »
"A happy man is too satisfied with the present to dwell too much on the future."

A. Einstein
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk