Author Topic: Alternate day fasting negative report  (Read 2469 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Alternate day fasting negative report
« on: November 18, 2010, 08:16:56 pm »
 a down side for long term ADF: Chronic alternate-day fasting results in reduced diastolic compliance and diminished systolic reserve in rats, Ahmet I, Wan R, Mattson MP, Lakatta EG, Talan MI. J Card Fail. 2010 Oct;16(10):843-53

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WHG-50F36M5-3&_user=9689299&_coverDate=10%2F31%2F2010&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000052423&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=9689299&md5=95a7a12aedb6af2c61519959ed6e1d48&searchtype=a

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate day fasting negative report
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 08:22:11 pm »
So they only ate every other day?
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 02:17:08 am »
So they only ate every other day?
Yes.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 03:57:15 am »
ya this is too much fasting in my books. i have a lite food day (or complete fast ) about weekly. this is also if my body is good with it. if it is saying NEED FOOD, listen to ur machine. sundays are good 4 this usually or mondays
The price is wrong Bob

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 04:01:08 am »
I found that I could not handle ADF as it was too artificial. One has to eat a lot on the eating-days as otherwise one feels too hungry on the fasting-day. So I was always either eating too much or not enough. A better option for me is to do a standard 1 large meal every day, within a 4 hour period(usually lasting only 2 hours max.), with nulerous whole-day fasts here and there when I sense that I don't need anything that day.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk