Author Topic: Raw paleo on 2 body functions  (Read 7834 times)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Raw paleo on 2 body functions
« on: November 15, 2010, 04:06:54 am »
Im very curious how raw meat diet affects toilet sessions and growth hormones level especially testosterone!

For example if someone moves from SAD diet to 1meal at the end of the day (raw red meat) How will the digestive system take it?
you go and take a dump once a day? you get constipated for period of time? diarrhea ?

And how will the repair hormones be affected throught the first months?years?
Is it enough to eat raw beef muscles at the end of the day to get all the nutrients because I dont have the balls to eat organs or anything else right now?
A diet of Raw eggs fruits veggies raw muscles(beef with some fat on it) nuts will provide all the nutrients?
I need to know it because I am about to switch to raw paleo one day and I am freaking scared :D
I need to do more resarch on it before diving deep into this

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Raw paleo on 2 body functions
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 04:15:47 am »
When transitioning, most people encounter some temporary  side-effects as they start detoxing poisons built up from years of cooked food consumption. In my own case I had to visit the bathroom every 15 to 30 minutes and had green diarrhea at those times. this lasted only 2 or 3 days and then stopped completely. Other people get different symptoms such as temporary constipation or perhaps a temporary headache or whatever.

if you have serious hormonal issues like I had pre-RPD diet, then it will take some months of eating raw before those issues start getting resolved. If you have no hormonal-related issues, then the benefits of eating raw will occur faster re improved glands etc.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 08:24:10 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 02:27:55 pm »
why would you go to eating 1 meal a day? thats a bit harsh to the body, fitting in a whole days calories in one sitting. better to ease into it, smaller meals a few times a day and then when youre very healthy, intermittent fasting or eating windows.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 08:27:41 pm »
why would you go to eating 1 meal a day? thats a bit harsh to the body, fitting in a whole days calories in one sitting. better to ease into it, smaller meals a few times a day and then when youre very healthy, intermittent fasting or eating windows.
One of the things I found(like some other RVAFers) was that the body did most of its healing when it was not digesting. Constant digestion uses up some of the body's resources which otherwise would be used for healing/recovery. That's why I am not happy with some RVAFers eating small amounts of foods they are lightly allergic to, as I suspect that slows down the recovery-rate.

There is a wikipedia page on Intermittent Fasting which describes many of the benefits of not doing 3 meals a day or more:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 06:00:47 am »
any form of "skipping meals" will only work if the metabolic system is healthy and blood sugar is controlled already. fasting is another stress to the body if the body is already overstressed.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 06:10:28 am »
any form of "skipping meals" will only work if the metabolic system is healthy and blood sugar is controlled already. fasting is another stress to the body if the body is already overstressed.
  Complete, utter  b*ll*cks, as I was extremely unhealthy at the time and had severe low blood-sugar-level issues, causing major dizziness etc.,
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 06:16:18 am »
  Complete, utter  b*ll*cks, as I was extremely unhealthy at the time and had severe low blood-sugar-level issues, causing major dizziness etc.,

Maybe you would have recovered more quickly if you didn't start skipping meals till after establishing your new diet.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 06:26:47 am »
Maybe you would have recovered more quickly if you didn't start skipping meals till after establishing your new diet.
Wrong. At the time, I was feverishly experimenting with frequency of meals, and found that 1 large meal a day, with occasion whole-day fasts, worked far better for me re recovery.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 07:37:55 am »
I suspect that if you asked everyone who adheres to some version of a raw omnivore diet, you'd get a different start-up experience. 

When I first started RAVF, I saw zero negative symptoms.  No belly aches, no irritated bowels, no nothing.  My stools became a little smoother but not softer, and decreased in frequency but became more regular.  So rather than going once or twice each day at random times, I only went once every other day at about 10 am. 

At the time I started RAVF I was already eating two or three meals per day, now I eat once or twice each day and sometimes I'm not hungry all day so I don't eat at all.  I'm fairly active and train in martial arts, but despite this I'd bet I only eat 1500 calories per day and I always have abundant energy and my weight is slowly creeping upwards.

I definitely did not have to endure any negative symptoms like those others have experienced and described.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 02:35:13 pm »
Wrong. At the time, I was feverishly experimenting with frequency of meals, and found that 1 large meal a day, with occasion whole-day fasts, worked far better for me re recovery.

For how long? Some changes take more time than others.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 02:39:07 pm »
At the time I started RAVF I was already eating two or three meals per day, now I eat once or twice each day and sometimes I'm not hungry all day so I don't eat at all.  I'm fairly active and train in martial arts, but despite this I'd bet I only eat 1500 calories per day and I always have abundant energy and my weight is slowly creeping upwards.

What do you typically eat in a day? I'm interested to see.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 08:05:52 pm »
For how long? Some changes take more time than others.
  Well, I was experimenting re dietary patterns for the 1st 6 months of going in for RVAF diets, in my ghastly Primal Diet phase. I would do several weeks of lots of frequent meals, followed by several weeks of 1 large meal a day, and 1 or 2 other combinations,and switching back etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 09:11:50 pm »
Tyler today at evening I am planning to eat my first raw meat its gonna be beef tenderloin I will burn it 30 sec from each
side to minimize bacteria if its there(I am very confused about bacteria) and eat it.

The cow was slaughtered yesterday night so its freshest cut I can get right now.
I will take picture of the cut to upload it on the forum.

Man I'm fucking terrified my dad told me that worms will eat me from inside.
And after goodsmartian puppy died from raw meat its makes me paranoid
But I gotta try this shit life too short.
Im not sure the cow is grassfed or grainfed but its still better then cooked right?
Is it possible I get worms and/or parasites ? what are the symptoms and what to do about it?
fuck this today I eat this lol HELPPPPPPPPPPPP WTF AM I DOING

All I ate today is a banana and some tea trying to fast before.
I'll keep yo all updated if something happens I need fast replays lol im scared
EDIT:
Maybe I make steak tartar from it lol
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 10:44:46 pm by achillezzz »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 10:43:42 pm »
Any raw food is better than the cooked version thereof. Some would claim that cooked, 100 percent grassfed meat is better than raw, grainfed meat. I view those 2 as equally bad, though. If you must have grainfed beef, it should at least be from unvaccinated cows, ones not given hormones or rendered animal produce.
" Ron Paul.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 10:47:31 pm »
When time come I'll improve quality im 17 lol i dont work  I cant take money from parents too much.
school sport sleep (go out somtimes)  :'(

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 01:59:50 am »
I briefly had transitioning (from vege to Primal diet) minor issues such as indigestion, slight constipation. I just have to remember eat fat such as animal fat and butter.

But now I rarely have gas and never feel stuffed.

I eat a number of small meals with no problems. I eat 8 ounces of meat a day. Any more makes me feel sick and sometimes I eat less meat as I get my fill.

I am amazed at the number of young people on this site.
Cheers
Al

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 10:00:11 pm »
I didnt eat it I got scared  :'(
Maybe I am a pussy Or Don't have the motivational pain to cross this bridge but I try again next month im sad
Only by looking at that raw bloody meat makes you realize how cruel everything is

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 10:25:29 pm »
I didnt eat it I got scared  :'(
Maybe I am a pussy Or Don't have the motivational pain to cross this bridge but I try again next month im sad
Only by looking at that raw bloody meat makes you realize how cruel everything is

No you're not a pussy you are just brainwashed about the meat thing.
Its just flesh, when you bite into banana you rip of the skin of the banana and then bite into the flesh, the blood is the juice, its all the same thing just a different arrangement of protein and amino acid, but its been food for living things since almost the beginning, just watch some animals eating meat and do whats natural.
Don't try next month, try every day, better yet starve yourself a little to feel some true hunger, then try, you should get hungry enough that you wont think of superficial things like meat flesh is scary and banana flesh is nice and fairy-like.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk