Author Topic: Hunting anyone ?  (Read 13614 times)

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting anyone ?
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 04:05:39 am »
Holy smokes miles, whats with the name-calling?  You must secretly be eating wheat and it is making you aggressive.

All i said was that meat fresh from a kill, as in 20 seconds after it has died, is not as 'good' as meat that is past the 3 day mark (which is what you are probably eating the equivalent of, coming chilled, cut and wrapped conveniently for you). It becomes more tender and flavorful (good things). Fresh meat is 'shit' as in it is not as tender and flavorful as something that has been hanging from a hook in my cabin for 4 weeks.  I never said that you cannot eat it or anything, but if it makes you feel like a badass eating it fresh and bloody then knock yourself out.

Personally i always feel like im cutting into a special delicacy when im cutting into a piece of meat thats been aging for weeks, with the nice crust and all that on the outside haha.

I also found that with meat that was fresh, I would eat 5lbs and still not feel all that satisfied, whereas if it was aged for a few weeks, i was happy with a much smaller portion.  My wife has sensitive digestion and felt like fresh meat sat a lot longer than aged before being digested.
That's not paleo.

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 05:24:05 am »
I've had aged meat and it's fine, it just doesn't taste as refreshing as fresh meat... I have no difficulty eating fresh meat, so there's no reason for me to need my food pre-digested for me, I'd rather get the tastiest freshest, most refreshing first hand meat, since I'm not a cripple. When you're a cripple and dislike the taste of meat anyway, and find it hard to eat even 200g of aged meat I can understand why you'd need that. I have no problem with eating the meat when it's sat around either, it's just softer and less refreshing, no problem, it tastes good just different, but so does it when it's completely fresh.

Actually for some reason there I went into anti-aged meat, I guess it's natural countering everyone saying they hate fresh meat... I actually don't have any preference, they both have their own taste... I just have no problem whatsoever with either fresh or aged meat.. To say 'fresh meat is shit' is ridiculous.. if someone thinks that, it must be them that's shit not the meat.
Aged meat is better than fresh meat cooked, though raw I see your point.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 06:28:25 am »
I got a fresh and bloody deer that I tore right into. I am making deer high meat which after 5 days smells wonderfull. I wonder if eatting fresh meat with a small amount of completely rotted meat is a reasonable compromise, so I wont have to trouble with aging my main portions of meat, which is more time consuming, and sometimes I am less than successful and the meat gets sour and doesn't have a good flavor.

Fresh meat eattin with high meat seems to make me fell the best so that's what I will continue to do, I was just wondering how many others do the same thing. I have found its more convenient to mix a little high meat along with a whole portion of fresh.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk