Author Topic: New TSA Regulations  (Read 15401 times)

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
New TSA Regulations
« on: November 22, 2010, 03:37:11 am »
What do people think of the x-ray screening? 

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: New TSA Regulations
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 03:48:56 am »
I think we will most likely be fine unless we are constantly being exposed to it. SAD eaters are more likely to be at risk.
Either way I hate flying and avoid it whenever possible.  :P

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 01:17:43 pm »
   I don't want to be groped by TSA inspectors, but I care about my natural health more, so .. given a choice .. I choose groping.  I've had more than my fill of radiation and other unnatural harms that are deemed safe and fine.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 03:40:53 pm »
If it's a choice between those two, I'd definitely go for the groping. You could say you're a homosexual too and get some enjoyment out of it  ;D

Is it a choice..? If you have to be x-rayed to fly that's despicable.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 04:51:43 pm by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 04:38:11 pm »
I don't mind being x-rayed. In recent times, because of the ludicrous hysteria re terrorism alerts(which has actually helped increase the possibility of terrorism) I have been ever more seriously groped by male security personnel for concealed weapons and the like - pre-1999, I would just get a vague pat on the legs far away from the genitals, now it is so obscenely thorough I strongly suspect that many such personnel are actually gay. What annoys me greatly is the fact that, as a young Caucasian male,, I am extraordinarily unlikely to be an Islamic terrorist, but I suppose these f*ckwits target me a lot because they want to be also able to target young Muslim suspects without being accused of racial profiling.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 05:46:05 pm »
What annoys me greatly is the fact that, as a young Caucasian male,, I am extraordinarily unlikely to be an Islamic terrorist

The sad thing is that racial profiling works, Israel does it openly and their security is supposedly the best. Political correctness should never get in the way of security.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 05:49:47 pm »

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 06:04:25 pm »
Someone should tell the child why it's so important that everyone is searched. Her Dad probably even encouraged her to kick up a fuss, or guided the situation in such a way that she would end up crying like this. He went there to get this video, and this story.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 06:06:16 pm »
The sad thing is that racial profiling works, Israel does it openly and their security is supposedly the best. Political correctness should never get in the way of security.
Must be somewhat difficult in Israel, given that Jews and Arabs are both Semites, with both often having typical Middle-Eastern-looking faces.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 06:09:33 pm »

Someone should tell the child why it's so important that everyone is searched. Her Dad probably even encouraged her to kick up a fuss, or guided the situation in such a way that she would end up crying like this. He went there to get this video, and this story.
I disagree. One of the most appalling things I have seen is when children are targetted. I remember when my parents used to travel to Eastern Europe when I was much younger. The Soviet guards there would accompany my mother with my then 2 year old brother, while holding submachine-guns at the ready, into the toilet in order to make sure he wasn't a terrorist or whatever.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 08:55:52 pm »
Why?? People could easily use children to smuggle explosives or whatever..

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 09:40:38 pm »
Why?? People could easily use children to smuggle explosives or whatever..
Not really. explosives might be put in a bag containing nappies but those can be searched. Babies and small children are too small to conceal stuff.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 10:58:15 pm »

I quit flying the first time they detect a suppository bomber. LOL
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 11:00:01 pm »
LOL
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 11:01:35 pm »
LOL
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 11:03:05 pm »
LOL
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 11:21:28 pm »
Hilariously funny!    ;D ;D ;D

But this whole business is beyond a joke now. First they started patting us down too much around sensitive erogenous zones and, worst of all, insisting on persons of the same gender groping us, but then they insisted on us removing shoes and, finally, belts. That last rule was very awkward for me on one occasion, when I had, by mistake, worn some jeans that were too big for me, on the way to the airport.

Perhaps they ought to allow us to choose who feels us up. I wouldn't mind being groped by some pretty female security guard(" is that a bomb in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me"  etc. ...lol)
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 11:28:49 pm »
Hilariously funny!    ;D ;D ;D

But this whole business is beyond a joke now. First they started patting us down too much around sensitive erogenous zones and, worst of all, insisting on persons of the same gender groping us, but then they insisted on us removing shoes and, finally, belts. That last rule was very awkward for me on one occasion, when I had, by mistake, worn some jeans that were too big for me, on the way to the airport.

Perhaps they ought to allow us to choose who feels us up. I wouldn't mind being groped by some pretty female security guard(" is that a bomb in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me"  etc. ...lol)

That'd go over large! ROFL

I got a message from an airline buddy you might be interested to read;

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/11/apa-president-advises-against.html
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 11:50:46 pm »
That'd go over large! ROFL

I got a message from an airline buddy you might be interested to read;

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/11/apa-president-advises-against.html
  Well, I am not a pilot or a frequent flyer, just flying c. 4 times a year, 6 at most. So I am not too worried.
" Ron Paul.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 04:49:59 am »
Maybe more people should just go to the airport naked... anyone know where I can get a good banana hammock?

Offline Cinna

• Bear Hunter
  • "dreamy/dreamer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 03:22:06 pm »
As long as groping is done in a respectful and professional manner, I'm fine with it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 05:56:43 pm »
Here is my video contribution to this TSA comedy.

Japanese stuff!

http://www.myhealthblog.org/2010/11/24/us-tsa-comedy-give-me-molestation-over-radiation/
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2010, 07:42:11 pm »
LOL

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2010, 08:08:10 pm »
LOL! oh man so funny and probably true
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Roselene

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
    • I like We Want 2 Live.
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2010, 12:26:15 am »
I'm taking Amtrak.  I just don't feel like flying this holiday.  I hope TSA doesn't expand, and the employees find something they might enjoy more than tickling.  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk