Author Topic: Your opinion on pasteurized new zealand butter vs raw butter?  (Read 8478 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Your opinion on pasteurized new zealand butter vs raw butter?
« on: August 22, 2008, 10:40:13 am »
Hi,

I need to give more fat to the cancer sick, but due to his religious beliefs he can't eat pork or beef.  But he will eat butter and ghee. 

I only have access to New Zealand butter from Anchor, grass fed but pasteurized.  Can you give your opinion on this kind of butter?  Or should we just use some other source of fat?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Your opinion on pasteurized new zealand butter vs raw butter?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 11:01:50 am »
IMO, I think you should go for it. Especially since you think it's very important that he's intaking high levels of fat.
If only temporarily... that is, until you perhaps find a more optimal source of fat.
Of course monitor how he reacts to it, not that you wouldn't  :)

My prayers are with you and your patient in his road to recovery.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 05:33:25 pm »
If the butter is pasteurised, it makes no difference that it's from grassfed cattle. Pasteurised dairy is widely acknowledged as being the worst kind of cooked-food. You should try ghee as it contains fewer allergenic substances, but keep on looking for far better raw fats from goats/sheep(mutton/lamb) etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 06:18:38 pm »
I've eaten the 'Anchor' butter in the past and tastes nice but this was in my SAD days, when I only ate small amounts.
when I was on the primal diet I managed to get hold of raw butter, I couldn't eat enough for my daily calorie intake without getting sick from it. I will never touch it again.

Avocado's are better than butter in my opinion, if you can get hold of them, although they start to taste pretty average if your eating the things every day (which I did for a while)
Animal fat rules even if you have to resort to the supermarket.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 05:09:45 am »
I used to eat a lot of raw butter and it was the thing that made me feel "least bad" after meat. I did the "Butter Formula" by AV with eggs, lemon juice and honey. Before I found out about suet I assumed that to get enough calories to gain weight in an economical and timely fashion that was my best choice.

Slanker's sells bison meat, maybe they have bison suet? They have quite a variety there, you should check it out.

Offline Alan

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 12:53:33 pm »
Fonterra Corporation of New Zealand  (owner of the trademark "Anchor"), states in their website that they don't require their sourcing farmers to never use corn/soy  supplemental feed.

They don't have much choice.  While it is very possible for a ==beef== animal to reach market weight on a diet of grass-forage plus a ration of grass-hay....   it is not physically possible for a dairy cow to eat enough calories from grass /grass-hay  in a day to produce commercial quantities of milk.

New Zealand has a mild climate and you can easily let the cows out to pasture every day.  However, no one is able to milk a herd of cows out at the paddock in a sanitary manner....  so at some point in the day they are brought inside. This is when they receive their supplemental feed. In fact there are people who devote their careers to making the ration be =delicious= so that the cows will come-n-get-it, as you can't train a cow to think that running inside just to get attached to a milking machine is plenty of fun.....

There also exists machinery which enables ration to be presented to the herd at outdoor stands.

By the way GoodSam, there is a dairy operation in Davao del Sur, and one in Bukidnon.  None of the horrible reconstituted-then-boiled milk you are drinking in MM, can compare with real, low-heat-pasteurized fresh milk in bottles!

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 03:13:15 am »
I wouldn't do it. I was eating raw organic grass-fed chicken and beef for a couple weeks and was doing fine. Then I bought some raw honey from a local farmer's market and bought some regular pasteurized butter(can't find raw butter here in AZ) from whole foods(one of them was even made from cultured milk), and tried eating them together like Aajonus says, and I felt extremely fatigued for more then a week and my stools were white. I've eaten the same honey since then and feel fine. So it must have been the butter which I'll never try again ._.

If it's only pork and beef which he doesn't want to eat, there should be other animal fats available. Or you could tell him that religion is moronic and he'll most likely die from the cancer his god let him get if he doesn't eat the raw meat and fat ;)

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 01:54:14 pm »
I second the fatigue from the pasteurized butter. After reading Aajonus' first book 'We Want to Live', I wanted to try eating lots of raw butter. Since raw wasn't available, I attempted eating pasteurized for some time. I always felt extremely tired after eating generous amounts of it, 3-4 tablespoons

Looking back, I feel that the pasteurized dairy is not healthy as it is not a source of lubricating fat like normal raw saturated fats. Coupled with the fatigue, I stopped eating it without issue. Consequently, the fatigue went away and I felt normal energy levels.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk