Author Topic: Salt and overeating  (Read 4324 times)

Offline ThatWasJustYourLife84

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Salt and overeating
« on: August 31, 2010, 09:12:22 am »
I started having hypoglycemic symptoms again, albeit much less severe than they were on a high carb diet.

I realized gradually I was eating more and more protein with each meal and I was getting up to 150 grams of protein daily (which for people like me can be too much).

I experimented today with not salting my meat or seasoning at all. Just as I thought. I was full quicker and felt like I needed less food in total.

By the way I've been running my suet under warm water just to the point where it gets soft, but not melted, and it tastes WONDERFUL this way.

I'm still taking in a smaller amount of "real salt" and a little potassium salt after meals just to make sure my electrolytes stay in balance. But may eventually stop this altogether as well.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Salt and overeating
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 12:39:28 pm »
What is your fat to protein ratio look like? Also try one day without any salts and see how that goes.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 12:32:07 am »
Why even use salt at all?  I don't add salt to anything I eat.

Also about the potassium, I've been keeping track of how many calories I've been eating daily on caloriecount.com, just out of curiosity, not because I'm trying to restrict how much I eat or eat any specific amounts, but the site tells me I've been eating too little potassium.. however, I also have little to no sodium/salt intake, so does that make my low potassium intake okay/balance out?  I'm not exactly sure how all that works, but you seem to know which is why I'm asking..
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 07:34:57 am »
I normally don't eat salt, but yesterday I did. I have been hungry all day and have eaten 3 steaks today and it is only 3:30.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk