Author Topic: request for information pertaining to inflammatory conditions  (Read 13877 times)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: request for information pertaining to inflammatory conditions
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 04:59:02 am »

Thanks for the reply Francois.

You’re welcome!

I don't consider what GCB has done in promoting fruits as part of his dietary regime that he continues to promote on the Internet to be just semantics, no. He isn't just sharing his success story, he's promoting a diet for humanity. Do you consider his positive remarks about fruits in Anopsology and in this forum and on his website to be just semantics?

No, but I feel that “promoting a diet” isn’t the appropriate words. Is saying “eat what you like as long as it is raw and as much as possible paleo” “promoting a diet for humanity”? I like fruits as much as I like meat, eggs and shelfish. My cat doesn’t like fruits (except durian and avocados!). I used to eat a lot of fruits when I ate mostly cooked Neolithic food and I still eat a lot of fruits now. Most humans like fruits and eat fruits, even more so when they eat no more grain and cooked stuff. Most humans like tropical fruits, cats don't. It’s the observation of a fact: how can you see it as promoting?

I didn't get that sense. I lost interest in his reasoning when he contradicted himself, though maybe I'll inquire again some day.

I fail the see the contradiction you see, but anyway I do not expect someone to never self contradict  on some petty points. He may do so, but even if it is the case, in my view it’s not on the fundamental basis of his theory, which is really what matters.

GCB has made more claims than just good taste for tropical fruits, though I suspect that good taste is the real main reason that most people eat them, and it would not be surprising for Instinctos, since GCB advocates letting one's senses determine what to eat.

Sure. You’re spot on. But a jackfruit, a cempedak, a durian, or a rare ripe and creamy breadfruit is also much more nourishing then pears or apples. Other fruits are just appetizers in comparison.  

Could it be that some people tend to look for reasons to justify eating their favorite foods and avoiding their leasts favorite foods and so find health reasons to add to the taste reasons? Do you think there are any other reasons beyond taste and senses why tropical fruits seem so popular among Instinctos (as well as vegetarians, vegans, fruitarians and fruit-eating raw Paleo dieters)?

Aren’t taste and senses sufficient reasons? The same applies for meat, eggs, crabs and shellfish. In the Paleolithic, our ancestors hominids didn’t have any other criterions to know what’s good and what’s bad. They just applied the instincto rule which is: what’s good is good, what’s bad is bad!

Has GCB made these new points in English somewhere that I can access?

Yes, it must be somewhere in his book, but anyway it’s just a logical inference form the most basic point of his theory : you don’t eat something you don’t like. So, if there’s nothing you like in a sequence, of course you skip it. He has always emphasized that the point is to find the particular foodstuff that suits bests to your needs, so that you can eat plenty of it to fill that need. When your actual body needs are fulfilled, there’s no point to eat something else. It’s better to eat a lot of something with the minimum number of different stuff in a meal.

That is more understandable, thanks. I wish you were the Instincto guru, because I understand you better than GCB. ;)

l) Thanks for the compliment! But I don’t feel like being a guru!

Unfortunately, the "eat fruits, but in moderate amounts" advice hasn't worked well for me up to this point, but maybe some day. The advice of Aajonus and KGH to limit fruits to well below moderate levels and GCB's discussion of fruits, especially cultivated ones, as inflammatory has been more on the mark in my case.

Yes, eating fruits is not compulsory… Do you remember  that post of Diogen? GCB would probably advise you to test once in a way the fruit that smells best for you and eat a small amount of it at first. The immediate reaction of the body can be difficult to interpret. It may trigger a detox and you never know if it’s that or something else. But if the stuff is more or less wild, not polluted by chemicals, smelled and tasted good to you, what else could it be?

Are you saying that what Kirt listed in "Group 1" foods does not apply to a significant number of Instinctos? It looks like it matches pretty well with what I've seen Instincto's write about in this forum and elsewhere except that Instinctos seem to talk about fruits even more than meats and seafood, especially South/Southeast Asian fruits, for some reason. What do you consider the top three food categories of Instinctos in actual practice (not just in theory) to be? I recall Tyler also mentioning that, in practice, Instinctos tend to eat a lot of fruits.

True, most tend to eat a lot of fruits. I don’t know on which criterions Kirt’s list is based - he writes it’s based on a similar list established by Dr Jacques Fradin. It’s a classification and I consider most classifications of natural things as inappropriate. It is irrelevant to say that “instinctos” eat this or this, “instinctos” talk about this or this. Properly speaking, there’s no such specie as “instinctos”. There are only human beings like you and me, all different.

I eat instincto, but I’m no instincto. It’s just an experiment I started because I read GCB’s book and I wanted to know if what he says is true or bullshit. As it suits me, I still go on, but I still doubt. Perhaps we do some mistakes, I don’t know. Anyway the theory is logical, I’ve failed to find any flaw in the fundamental points and it seems we are on the right track. Practical application may be difficult and may vary according to the person and her environmental conditions, but what then?

In that thread you mentioned a list of cooked foods that GCB considers OK, but I couldn't find the list.

? I don’t know, I don’t remember having written anything like that.  AFAIK, GCB doesn’t consider any cooked food as ok. Perhaps I meant that some cooked food are less noxious than some others?

The instinco theory works in the way you don’t have to ask anyone “Can I eat that?” "How much should I eat of that?" "What is the right fat/protein ratio?". It’s very practical. You’re hungry and find a big mushroom. You don’t know anything about mushrooms. You take it and smell it. If it smells good, you carefully take a small piece in the mouth and wait a few seconds. If the taste remains good, then you know you can swallow it.

For some reason, my geese rejected out of their nest the eggs they had been sitting on for some weeks. I was sorry and thought they are spoiled. Anyway, I smelled one, broke it into a glass, smelled it again. Then I tasted it. It was delicious, better than fresh and I could eat most of them except one or two that were smelling bad.

If a had asked a nutritionist, he would have told me to throw them away.  
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 03:22:58 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2010, 02:27:22 am »
My response is here to avoid sidetracking this thread from discussion of the topic of inflammation any further: http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/instinctoanopsology/explain-instincto-diet-fully-2/msg56938/#msg56938
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 11:15:25 pm »
This is a pretty good book on the subject:

"The Inflammation Syndrome: The Complete Nutritional Program to Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, Arthritis, Diabetes, Allergies, Asthma" - by Jack Challem

I've read a few reviews about this book; some of them mentioning that Challem recommends some anti-inflammatory herbs. Do you know which herbs he recommends?

If anyone else has experience with a herb reducing inflammation I'd be interested to hear about it.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2011, 11:40:46 am »
Yo. I have a friend with MS and she likes hearing about foods she can cut out of her diet that contribute to inflammation, and I suppose on the other end foods she can add that either don't contribute to inflammation or reduce it.

There are soooooooo many foods and herbs that reduce inflammation.

The ones that are most usually put together are tumeric, boswellia, white willow and ginger.
The tumeric and ginger are plain old root foods. White willow extract and boswellia are classified as herbs. Tumeric is the king of anti-inflammatory foods and if you mix it with some black pepper it makes it 2000 times stronger. If you can get the fresh root it is of course the best.

Cherries, licorice root, oregano, rosemary and sesame seeds are more anti-inflammatory foods.

There are many more teas to drink but I won't list them all. If an older woman angelica is one of the best.

Epsom salt baths and mustard plasters work well as does cayenne pepper ointments to be absorbed through the skin.

Look all these up in detail before taking and muscle test them to make sure that they correlate well with the individual.

But of course - avoiding crappy foods is the foundation. Eating a cherry on top of an icecream sunday with your chocolate cake doesn't exactly count. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk