Author Topic: Help losing fat for bodybuilding show in april  (Read 12424 times)

Offline ruffiny89

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Help losing fat for bodybuilding show in april
« on: December 10, 2010, 10:11:00 pm »
I need lose about 30lb s for a show in April . Right now I  am eating about 2lbs raw meat daily and a dozen eggs and a little fruit and 2 cups of veggie juice. I have put on alot of muscle since starting this way of eating but now I want get leaner . So maybe someone can help I currenty lift 3 times week . Oh yea I am 223 lb right now

Offline ruffiny89

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Help losing fat for bodybuilding show in april
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 10:12:08 pm »
Also eating about a half cup back fat a day

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 10:28:41 pm »
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/before-and-after-photos/my-4-weeks-to-lose-20lbs/msg50710/#msg50710

I'm usually having problems on the other end of the spectrum, but I imagine with the right discipline and the right uptake of dense nutritious food/intense activity and it being all raw, this should be quite doable in this time-frame.

as of now you are eating what I do for bulking :/ and my activity is fairly intense (non bodybuilding or powerlifting specific)

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 10:44:52 pm »
bodybuilding usually has nothing to do with health, if body looks is your primary focus then you can just do liposuction.  all competitive bodybuilders start dehydrating just before competition.  this is does not do good to ones health.  so make your pick.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 11:27:30 pm »
bodybuilding usually has nothing to do with health, if body looks is your primary focus then you can just do liposuction.  all competitive bodybuilders start dehydrating just before competition.  this is does not do good to ones health.  so make your pick.

Bah. Lots of things can be health-negative in the short term, but we do it anyway. How healthy is it to jump in the ring and square off with another uber-fit, well-trained fighter, or run a 10 mile race in the hot sun? Both have short-term negative impact, but they also have long-term benefits.

So back to the question....

It all comes down to creating a calorie deficit. If you are maintaining the same workouts, simply chop the caloric intake a given percentage down. Doing the math requires knowledge of your current caloric intake, metabolic rate, weight, body fat %, etc.....but you can wing it by cutting your caloric intake by 30% or so and perhaps adding an brief cardio element to your workout.

You might also cut or drop any carb-dense fruits you may be eating so your body uses up your fat stores faster.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 12:08:40 am »
heh, yeah i'm sure alot of the competitive practices are not conducive to health, some might argue also that 'bodybuilding' as opposed to 'strength training' or 'powerlifting' is somehow less natural or whatever, but there shouldn't be any issue with this type of weight loss/body sculpting over such a long period. I mean if someone wants to bring in practices that might be dangerous per vanity or competition, that seems to be their own business as an adult. I'm guessing even those who have abused their body lifting with drugs and excessive stress can do some repair through a healthy raw diet, so as long as someone knows the trade-offs and is uptaking enough basic raw nutrition (not just starving and sweat lodges) I am not too concerned.

Offline ruffiny89

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 12:12:47 am »
Last year I was not fully eating raw and I lost alot of muscle and was down to 170 . And I just want that lean for little bit I doubt it will mess with my health that much in the long term.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 12:37:36 am »
Lots of things can be health-negative in the short term

my understanding is bodybuilding is not a short term activity, it is usually a full-time job or a hobby, none of which is short term.

ruff, are you doing this bodybuilding thing for money or is it something you like doing on the side?

Offline ruffiny89

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 02:40:26 am »
It is my hobby. I could careless about the money . I compte in a natural organization .  I mean I'll only be that lean for a litte bit and after the show I'll gain back some fat bc I know it's not that healthy to walk around at 6%bf year round

Offline ruffiny89

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 02:51:35 am »
Also should I cut the veggie juice and drink water with lemons or lime juice in it?

Offline B.Money

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 03:54:52 am »
If it were me I would cut out the fruit and start doing LI cardio. Really not much you can manipulate on this diet it seems, whats your bf at now? This sort of eating keeps me pretty lean year around even without any cardio, surprised its different for others.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 04:00:21 am »
i don't think this is the best forum for your question, i think you are the only bodybuilder here trying to loose extra fat.  people who are not in the same boat as you are tend to give all sorts of advice, so take it for what it's worth.

in theory you need to do something that will burn fat exclusively while maintaining or gaining muscle mass.  each person gains fat differently, some from extra crabs, some from protein/fat, or any combination of those.  the same would apply to loosing weight, it is strictly personal.  try finding bodybuilders who successfully lost fat, maybe in the bodybuilder forum?  because none of us (active forum users) have these kinds of experiences.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 01:08:39 am »
my understanding is bodybuilding is not a short term activity, it is usually a full-time job or a hobby, none of which is short term.

Of course it isn't a short-term activity. Neither is fighting or running. The TRAINING is long-term, but the specific competition is short-duration, and the run-up to the competition (making weight, for example), is VERY short-term.

-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 04:38:41 pm »
I notice if I eat more fish my weight will go down. Might try adding some fish to your diet.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 09:02:01 pm »
If you're not used to it, going zero carb may make you shed a lot of weight quickly. Sure you know some mainstream bodybuilders do this to get cut anyway, so you could go for a rp version.

Offline ruffiny89

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 10:00:19 pm »
If I go zc what should I drink?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 10:14:40 pm »
If I go zc what should I drink?

Water?  Defluridated or non fluoride of course; I like Kangen water.  What about blood?  Or "egg-milk"? (some zcers blend egg with water and drink that).  Ever make buttermilk?  We separate the skim from cream, with a cream separating machine it gets more separated.  We normally throw the skim in the yard to feed the plants or birds.  Then after making the cream into butter, there's some liquid leftover.  we cultured the milk before the whole process, and I think some other people culture this liquid after.  I'm sure it's much lower in carbs than milk.  It's normal to wash the butter after making it.  I drink half the butter wash water sometimes.  Of course you would have to use good water to wash the butter in this case.  Someone on the forum, I think RawLion wrote that drinking buttermilk is great to restore adrenals from fatigue.  I know it's not paleo, but I hope it helps someone.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 10:20:18 pm by RawZi »
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 07:28:42 pm »
Yeah I would definitely stop eating fruit while cutting. Keep lifting heavy but in between do some interval training. Also calorie deficit and you should be good to go.

Also pics.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 02:50:40 am »
Cut your carbs down and see what that does. Also you could try playing with salt, increase your salt intake (put sea salt on meat) and then cut it down the next week and see what that does for you.

But definitely cut out the carbs. The week or two before contest you should try to eat zero carbs.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 05:51:18 pm »
There isnt a lot to add to what the other people have said allready. Have you tried Kava  (piper methysticum)? This stuff is so great it should be put in the drinking water if it wasnt for the foul taste.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson70.htm

Specific Applications For Bodybuilders:

1. Diuretic function: Kava Kava helps to eliminate the water from beneath the key that obscures hard won muscularity.

2. Offset overtraining: Kava Kava may offset overtraining by exerting a relaxant effect on the muscle, which enhances the re-building process, provided other measures are also followed (EG: layoff from training, increased sleep which Kava Kava will also facilitate).

Especially point 1 makes a lot of sense before a competition.

Dont buy capsules, pastes, tinctures or whatever hokey is out there. Get the dried lateral root, 1 cup of root to 2-3 cups of water. let it soak for as long as you like. I often make the grog the day before, put it in the fridge and then the day after when I need it, i blend it for a couple of minutes with a bit of heavy cream and strain it forcefully. The active agents are not water soluble so you need to really force them out of the root. The only acceptable alternative to the root is a few of the "instant" kavas available. They also get the jobs done, but the real deal is best, hands down.

There are many good vendours out there. I deal mostly with "nakamal at home" from Boca Ruton in Florida. Some of the best kava's on the marked and the service is top notch. This blog takes a look at whats out there:

http://kavasseur.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 06:00:03 pm by Brother »

Offline Brady

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Irishaman
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 10:28:20 pm »
Best way I found for stripping fat was by taking digestive bitters like, tumeric, wormwood, mustard, ginger etc.  Also Cayenne pepper, paprika, chilli, cumin and all the other digestive herbs and spices strip body fat as they enhance HCL and bile flow.  I took these simply to improve digestion but they stripped the little fat I had remaining, this was not my intention and was one of the reasons I ended up so skinny so be careful as they are very powerful and you only need small quantities with each meat/fat meal.
The culture and civilization of the White man are essentially material; his measure of success is, "How much property have I acquired for myself?" The culture of the Red man is fundamentally spiritual; his measure of success is, "How much service have I rendered to my people?"

Ernest Thompson Seton

Offline Case

• Forager
  • Will
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 09:06:52 am »
Cutting on a raw diet is the same as on cooked, just different ingredients.

Caloric deficit, plus a lot of lean protein to keep muscle mass (and force the body to dip further into it's own fat stores, especially as protein is so strongly thermogenic, and your body burns much of it off as heat), added to continued training (shown to help retain musculature even in deficit, although like when building it should be high intensity, high weight, low rep... thus accessing all of the muscle fibers, and not shifting you into an extended catabolic state... basically, in addition to lifting to a series of max intensity sprints, going as fast as you can, so that you're exhausted in less than a minute, then wait a couple minutes and repeat several times), lots of water to keep your body from needing to store it and blunt your edges, and finally maintaining a balanced sodium to potassium ratio in order to manage inter-cellular fluid under your skin, and give you that nice dry look on show day.

:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk