Author Topic: Anyone eating a strict raw food diet?  (Read 8562 times)

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Anyone eating a strict raw food diet?
« on: December 16, 2010, 12:42:18 am »
Is there anyone in this forum eating a 100% raw diet without much cheating? How long have you been eating a strict raw food diet? Is there anyone eating strictly raw without ANY cheating?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 01:18:55 am by Hanna »

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone eating a strict raw food diet?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 12:46:24 am »
I eat a 100% raw diet and never cheat. Been on the diet now since march of this year.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 02:09:13 am »
I'm not strict because I'm only doing what I want to do, but since I started in January I only ate <50g cooked meat in one time, and also within one particular week had about 1/4 a cooked swede, and maybe 20 cooked parsnips. Neither of these these were burnt or crispy.

The meat I only ate 50g of it because it was horrible, I'd been caught off-guard by a bank holiday which led to me trying it. The swede/parsnips I bought when I heard one could eat them raw. I tried them raw and they tasted like they were OK to eat, but I felt they could be made better by cooking. I also bought a sweet potato but there wasn't any need to cook that.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 02:30:00 am »
Is there anyone in this forum eating a 100% raw diet without much cheating?

yes for about two and a half years. very little 'cheating'. maybe a handful of times a year just due to social situations. and it's weird, i don't really think eating a little cooked meat every once in a while is terrible, i just don't really see the point. why would i cook it if i could eat it raw and it tasted great? that's mainly why i stay 'strict', it just doesn't appeal to me. but i do notice cooked meat's detrimental effects when i eat them. i just eat cooked when i have no other choice.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 02:44:40 am »
Yeah I've never cheated. Cheating is like what an ethical vegan would be doing if they wanted to eat meat and gave in.

For me when I heat-altered the roots/tubers it was an experiment, since I'd bought them to try raw and wanted to try altering them with heat to make them more edible; and when I ate the cooked meat I actually ran for about 10 miles first to find some raw meat, but could only get some chemical-contaminated mince which is inedible raw from the corner-store right opposite my (then)residence, so I tried to cook it but after the first bite I just didn't want it, so I spat the second bite into the bin and gave the rest to a friend whom I was living with at the time.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 03:02:36 am »
No cheating here. If i start eating cooked food, there's a risk i will not stop so I'm not taking any chance.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 03:56:55 am »
In the 1st few years of going rawpalaeo, I cheated roughly once a year or so, 2-3 max, and then only during times when rawpalaeo food just wasn't available or when I wanted to experiment to see how my digestive system had changed etc.. As time went on, however, I realised that I couldn't always avoid eating some cooked foods during certain key social occasions, so I compromised on occasion(though  I most of the time make sure to avoid the more highly processed cooked foods etc.). In the past, I would eat some high-meat beforehand, which helped nullify any negative effects from cooked foods, but haven't bothered in recent times.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 05:57:19 am »
Is there anyone in this forum eating a 100% raw diet without much cheating? How long have you been eating a strict raw food diet? Is there anyone eating strictly raw without ANY cheating?

Cheat means you gain something from it.

You must mean no sabotaging.

I sabotage myself some 2-3 times a month for socials.

I do make sure it is still paleo diet sabotage (cooked paleo).

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 06:14:02 am »
Cheat means you gain something from it.

Good point.  Thank you.  So when people but another about cheating, it's actually often not that, but sabotaging. Thanks for reawakening me.  Words have detailed meaning and power.

I sabotage my diet occasionally.  For me cooked paleo is sabotage.  I tried cooked salmon and stuff.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 04:40:11 am »
Eating raw meal 99% from the past 6 months. I do make soup (without salt)for my hubby and have a taste sometimes. My son 100% raw from his birth and my husband 90% raw for the past 4 months.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 05:34:52 am »

Eating 100% raw without any exception for 24 years.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 05:55:12 am »
For me when I heat-altered the roots/tubers it was an experiment, since I'd bought them to try raw and wanted to try altering them with heat to make them more edible; and when I ate the cooked meat I actually ran for about 10 miles first to find some raw meat, but could only get some chemical-contaminated mince which is inedible raw from the corner-store right opposite my (then)residence, so I tried to cook it but after the first bite I just didn't want it, so I spat the second bite into the bin and gave the rest to a friend

Question to the OP.  I find marinating fish, chicken etc in vinegar to make ceviche' to digest just like heat cooked food for me, for the most part.  Many people say ceviche' is not truly raw, as the acid or in some cases salt cooks it.  When you say raw, do you mean uncooked in every way?  I know some people on the primal diet who only eat ceviches and nothing else, besides juice and kefir for five and more years straight.  I don't think they're really happy with the diet though, if they feel they must do that to the meat, or it won't be civil enough in their mind.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 08:19:21 am »
Eating 100% raw without any exception for 24 years.
Wow! Do you look yonger than your real age? I guess past 24 yrs, u don't know any doctors. Cool! Have a happy raw life!
bugs or country chickens

Offline subfarm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 10:17:25 am »
I occasionally will eat cooked food (mostly in family social situations), I'm actually paying for it this week. I mistook some pork ribs for beef ribs at a family holiday function a few days ago. I ate a few bites of the cooked pork and within 15 minutes became ill and have been vomiting regularly for a few days. Happens every time I eat pork. I can generally tolerate cooked beef okay. All I've been able to stomach since are some pumpkin seeds and beet. I just ate about 3 oz of some chopped up fatty beef, I'll see how that settles. I guess at the next family function, I'll just have to tell everyone I'm on a diet (we have a lot of compulsive dieters in my family), and maybe they'll leave me be. :)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 02:51:28 pm »

Yes you'd better tell'em you're temporary on a diet, or you are experimenting a diet. Temporary experiments can be well accepted socially, but on the opposite, if you tell that you found the ultimate dietary truth and are gonna do it for the whole rest of your live, you'll be taken for a fanatical extremist and you’ll spark off conflicts. 
;)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 03:04:14 pm »
Wow! Do you look yonger than your real age? I guess past 24 yrs, u don't know any doctors. Cool! Have a happy raw life!

Well, I'll be 65 next year and I feel a lot younger. 3 years ago I was still windsurfing side by side with guys 30 or 40 years younger than me. I couldn’t go windsurfing anymore since I’m stuck inland at home with my poultry and there’s nobody to replace me. I only see my MD every four years for a compulsory check up to keep my heavy trucks driving license.

You can see me on my profile photo, eating a tuna fish. I posted a bigger one somewhere.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2010, 03:55:06 pm »
Well, I'll be 65 next year and I feel a lot younger. 3 years ago I was still windsurfing side by side with guys 30 or 40 years younger than me. I couldn’t go windsurfing anymore since I’m stuck inland at home with my poultry and there’s nobody to replace me. I only see my MD every four years for a compulsory check up to keep my heavy trucks driving license.

You can see me on my profile photo, eating a tuna fish. I posted a bigger one somewhere.

It's a blessing! you do look young and your body looks like 25 yrs old male. Again wishing you all the best raw life.
bugs or country chickens

Offline subfarm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 08:58:58 pm »
Iguana- that is a brilliant idea. Thank you!

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 05:18:30 am »

Thanks, Raw and Subfarm !

Offline subfarm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 11:24:26 am »
It worked like a charm at the family get together today. It helps that a lot of my extended family members have resorted to gastric bypass, so no one really eats much.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk