Author Topic: What do you do for calcium intact on a Raw Food diet if you can't get raw milk?  (Read 3756 times)

Offline Rawdietforhealth

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
One thing I noted about Raw Food diets is the limited amount of calcium.  If it is not easy to get raw milk, what do you do?  I find in the past when I did not have enough calcium, I get leg or foot cramps and once I take calcium supplements for a few days this goes away.  I noticed the same thing again lately when on a raw food diet.  I can take supplements but what do others do for calcium?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
 The vast majority of us don't bother as calcium in large quantities is not needed on a palaeodiet, raw or cooked. There's plenty of solid evidence re Bantu women(on low calcium diets) having stronger bones, for example, than those on western diets:-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2466922/

In short, one can get easily enough calcium from raw fish/meat/fowl.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 11:23:11 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
A lot of vitamin D is of paramount importance.
How does your diet currently look like? What do you eat?
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Stancel

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Vitamin D is more important as Vitamin D deficiency can cause osteoporosis. Vitamin D regulates calcium levels.

Also, many plants and some animal foods (bones, small fish) are good sources of calcium. I think over-domestication and soil depletion is why there isn't as much calcium, for example the wild fruit baobab has more calcium than milk.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Don't worry about milk and calcium our ancestors had minimal access to high calcium foods so we developed some weird mechanism that when we consume calcium our body makes everything to work on it and leaves over things.

But usually calcium in nature comes with good ratio magnesium phosphors vit d and stuff like that its important so your body can use the calcium!!!

Correct me if im wrong  :)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Get as much skin exposure to sunlight as you can. That's true no matter the diet.
Cheers
Al

Offline Rawdietforhealth

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
A lot of vitamin D is of paramount importance.
How does your diet currently look like? What do you eat?

I alternate by eating raw (wild salmon or tuna) with raw or at least very rare beef, I also eat 2 raw fertilized duck eggs, 5-6 young coconuts a day, one portion of fruit and consume plenty of fresh vegetable juices a day.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
If you want some raw paleo calcium you can just eat a crushed eggshell, it has calcium and other minerals too  ;)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Or eat the bones like this guy - http://tiny.pl/hw63c ;)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk