Author Topic: Turmeric's anti-cancer and other healing properties.  (Read 6739 times)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
Turmeric's anti-cancer and other healing properties.
« on: December 15, 2010, 03:38:01 am »

No one here mentioned Turmeric...
There is much growing research that it's potent constituent, curcumin, is a powerful fighter of cancer and other ailments.

Some info...again I am not saying its true....

"In one particular study in human blood cancer cell lines, turmeric suppressed and destroyed blood cancer cells. It has been known to suppress tumour, initiation, promotion and metastasis in further studies.

Turmeric can potentially block the activity of nuclear factor kappa-B, which appears to be connected to cancer cell growth. In addition, this ingredient has been found to inhibit growth of 19 clinical strains of Helicobacter pylori."

Also, although people in India suffer from cancers, and more recently, because of increasing popularity SAD poor diets. They have had some of the lowest cancer rates in the world, despite their "questionable" foods...they slap turmeric into everything.

I love turmeric and was thinking of eating more of it, I used to eat it a lot then forgot about it - now I miss it :P
Yes it can also be eaten raw, and you can buy whole raw turmeric roots from Indian stores, I've seen them many times.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Turmeric's anti-cancer and other healing properties.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 04:05:35 am »
I'm not sure whether these things will have much benefit on a raw diet.

Maybe it has anti carcinogenic effects and has a net benefit to SWD or Indian diets.

However, the raw paleo diet is very non carcinogenic so can turmeric give you an additional benefit on top of that?

It's an unknown quantity...it may do net harm. Not that I think you eating a few roots is going to kill you, but still.

I prefer to stick to basic foods.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 04:09:20 am »
I don't find spices, raw or otherwise to be helpful. Raw pepper seems to just speed up digestion, but I don't think my body absorbs as much nutrients as a result.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 04:48:56 am »
I prefer to stick to basic foods.

And how is raw turmeric root less "basic" then blueberries? Please explain?
Why its ok to eat like 5 oranges or more, which some people do and think they're eating basic foods, and a small amount of turmeric isn't beneficial?

However, the raw paleo diet is very non carcinogenic so can turmeric give you an additional benefit on top of that?

You can still get cancer on a raw paleo diet, so if turmeric is potent then yes, it may help, not to mention it is apparently healing in other ways if you don't have cancer. Also despite raw diet other things in environment can still give you cancer or other problems.
Turmeric is a natural root that's been around for a long time and is less modified and bred then all the sweet fruits in the supermarket combined.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 05:10:22 am »
Turmeric powder is processed. It makes sense that unprocessed foods are more natural, and more in line with what our ancestors ate, epochs ago. Also, processing involves a lot of timewasting, so it's easier to go for unprocessed stuff.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 06:10:40 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 05:22:30 am »
You don't have to get the powder, its common in many ethnic stores, they are little brown roots, smaller then ginger or about that size, and deep orange inside. Like any spice you can use the fresh raw version of it.

It also combines with black pepper and becomes more bioavailable, the two spices are commonly used together.
Many laboratory studies show clear benefits...

Here is an article: http://www.naturalremediescures.com/2008/06/benefits-of-curcumin-turmeric-enhanced-by-black-pepper/
There are so many if you google it though.

And anyone worried that they got some parasites (its rare but it happens)...turmeric also expels intestinal parasites. To me it seems like a very useful root, and I like roots... -\

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 05:41:47 am »
Well I feel that a root is not high on the list of things paleo people would eat and this is an asian plant.

You can suffer from cancer on raw paleo, but you have to weigh up anti nutrients. For example, in a standard diet eating lots of green veg could be anti carcinogenic, but if you're getting everything you need from rp and at low risk then it may do more harm than good.

I haven't got the definitive answer, do what you feel but I'm a bit skeptical myself that it adds to raw meat.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 06:06:15 am »
It will probably be useful if you already have cancer, perhaps when mixed with raw meat in a healing regimen it may be even more effective. Its another thing to try out anyway, if I was ever that sick I'd want the extra help.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 06:21:25 am »
Ive used it before. I feel like quite a few people on the forum are against the most natural medicine you can get. Yes its slightly processed but that doesn't make it unhealthy at all. Even chimps use medicine.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 06:23:34 am »
Ive used it before. I feel like quite a few people on the forum are against the most natural medicine you can get. Yes its slightly processed but that doesn't make it unhealthy at all. Even chimps use medicine.
Chimps only use raw foods as medicine and don't pre-process their medicinal plants, as such.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 06:51:01 am »
We are humans and we are smarter than chimps.
Use turmeric if it works for you.
I suggest turmeric tea or turmeric extracts to people because really, how many people can we convert to Raw Paleo Dieters? 
They would rather die with their cooked food religion than turn raw paleo.

And I do believe we raw paleo dieters are very much safe from "cancer".
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 08:45:21 am »
Chimps only use raw foods as medicine and don't pre-process their medicinal plants, as such.
But they could did up the root and chew on it.

I feel turmeric has it's uses Yuli much like many other herbs and some roots. For me it's a medicine.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 09:40:58 am »
Yes, as a staple of a diet, tubers don't make sense(I'm thinking of the very poor cassava-rich diet of some malnourished africans, for example). But all sorts of bitter, largely useless plants have been used for occasional medicinal purposes by wild animals.
" Ron Paul.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 10:31:54 am »
I think turmeric is great sometimes, other times it is just gross. I say go with your instincts.
Required? No way. Regardless of where you are, I am sure you have some cancer killers growing in the nearest forest.
I live in the desert and know that I am surrounded by powerful herbs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk