Author Topic: lamb vs beef  (Read 5687 times)

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
lamb vs beef
« on: December 16, 2010, 06:41:44 am »
I know our modern cows have been specifically bread to be the way they are now, have we done the same thing to sheep or would sheep be more paleo then beef? What about pigs? Is there any diet(fed to the pigs) that would make pork healthy to eat?

Wild game isn't allowed to be sold here in Arizona :/

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: lamb vs beef
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 07:15:58 am »
Out of the 3 animals you mentioned I would say lamb is most paleo, pig and cow are kind of at a tie especially now that they have GM pigs and cloned cows :(
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 07:20:25 am »
goat, deer, bison, rabbit, duck, goose

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 07:29:36 am »
I think most sheep is bred to grow loads of hair for wool, and I think most are prone to skin infections as a result, and need to be regularly checked and shaven every spring. It depends which breed for all of those animals.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 07:49:35 am »
    Doesn't lamb have more carnitine than beef?  It's supposed to be good for something, I think a good starter food when starting raw meat from vegan.  My raw meat eating friend mentioned it earlier today when we were talking.  He still kind of tends toward veg compared to most of us.

carnitine
mutton 210.0
lamb 78.0
beef 64.0
pork 30.0
chicken 7.5
lamb's fry 2.6
milk (cow) 2.0
fish 1.3
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 06:17:10 pm »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk