Poll

Are you a ZCer (someone who tries to keep carbs as close to zero as possible)?

Yes
13 (37.1%)
No
22 (62.9%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Are you a ZCer?  (Read 26466 times)

Offline babetteq

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a ZCer?
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2011, 06:56:58 am »
though I look for as many excuses to eat them as I can find.
Which is just on this side of where it becomes a problem. I think that there is a slippery slope (I'm totally not implying that you are sliding btw) where we come up with reasons to eat what we usually know is just pure "because I wanna". Those reasons then become "no, I need to do this" because we've given ourselves "reasons". The mild vigilance it takes to not start believing anything other than "because I wanna" stops that issue. I see it in a lot of places. Rationalization. It's a pet peeve.  ;D
I do what I do because it feels good. I don't care what you do. But if it doesn't work, please don't complain. Just change it.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a ZCer?
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2011, 07:31:53 am »
Yup and the tastier the foods are, the more emotionally defensive folks tend to be about them. There aren't too many folks getting angry if anyone reports not liking broccoli or Brussels sprouts or not doing well on them, but say something bad about raw cream at a Weston Price or raw Primal group discussion or bacon at a ZC forum or raw fruits or honey here then watch out! LOL
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 07:58:24 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk