Author Topic: RAw Beef Kidney! YUM  (Read 7058 times)

Offline riy freeman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
RAw Beef Kidney! YUM
« on: February 05, 2011, 04:24:12 am »
Just got my first raw beef kidney from NSB, and holy cow! The texture took a few minutes to get used to but it tastes like mushroom! YUMMY! Does pancreas taste good as well? I may try that next. Liver tastes disgusting to me for some reason. Does that mean my liver is in good shape but my kidneys are not? Hmmm

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: RAw Beef Kidney! YUM
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 04:43:10 am »
Raw kidneys are one of the easiest to get used to! Raw liver usually takes the longest. Raw pancreas takes a long time also to get used to, but try raw tongue or raw heart for now, as long as they are 100 percent grassfed and raw.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 05:46:22 am »
The opposite for me... raw liver is delicious but I have little desire to eat kidney.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 08:22:29 am »
Just got my first raw beef kidney from NSB, and holy cow! The texture took a few minutes to get used to but it tastes like mushroom! YUMMY! Does pancreas taste good as well? I may try that next. Liver tastes disgusting to me for some reason. Does that mean my liver is in good shape but my kidneys are not? Hmmm

I eat kidneys all the time. Taste good to me. I have one in my mouth right now. Liver for me is that wrong combination of sweet and..well.. liver. I eat my fill anyway, but would choose the taste and experience of kidney. Now the 'oysters'..that is some getting used to. I hope you are joking on that last part.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 10:02:23 pm »
Do you guys clean the kidneys from the urine or something?
Few weaks ago my grandpa bought another lamb and took its organs out he cooks a huge mix of all organs with onions and we eat it its tasty !! its cooked paleo but I dont care.
I asked him about eating the kidneys raw he said you need to boil them few times before eating so the kidney is clean.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 11:34:02 pm »
Really? I found something weird about kidney that was hard to get used to. Not urine but a strange exotic smell/taste.

Liver on the other hand is fine.

Different strokes I suppose.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk