Author Topic: I just thought I'd say hello ...  (Read 41430 times)

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: I just thought I'd say hello ...
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2010, 05:25:01 am »
I have had a change of heart (something I'm known for) and can't feel comfortable with all that info out on the web forever, so I scrubbed the health thread and the photo thread and my journal thread that had a photo.

But I've restarted a new journal with the last post of the old:

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/journals/stig-of-the-dump%27s-new-journal/

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 05:35:19 am by Stig of the Dump »

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2010, 02:35:05 am »
I've even dropped my new journal.  I am not of one mind.  Today I just want to be sociable, and not try and perfect my diet.  (I've done five days of fast five and pure raw fat and meat so far, but I want to drop it tonight.)

I think it's silly for me to keep a journal if I'm just switching back and forth, maybe ending up in some strange middle ground of some raw, some cooked paleo and social eating.

Anyway, just so you know if I stop posting, I'm not gone, I  just need time to settle on a goal all my 'parts' can agree on.

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2010, 05:12:02 am »
You shouldn't  be worried by going off plan. That is the whole point of the journal, to detail all of the journey not just the raw paleo part. I had a nice 7-10 day cooked carb holiday that just ended a week ago, and before that had a decent amount of cooked food. You don't have to wait until you have everything just perfect or else you may never start. We all slip up or purposefully go off diet. As for not being of 'one mind', a quick glance through my journal will let you know that I am having significant trouble piecing everything together and feel overwhelmed much of the time. I've gotten some excellent advice from the members here which has really made an impact on my recovery.

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2010, 06:33:55 am »
You shouldn't  be worried by going off plan. That is the whole point of the journal, to detail all of the journey not just the raw paleo part. I had a nice 7-10 day cooked carb holiday that just ended a week ago, and before that had a decent amount of cooked food. You don't have to wait until you have everything just perfect or else you may never start. We all slip up or purposefully go off diet. As for not being of 'one mind', a quick glance through my journal will let you know that I am having significant trouble piecing everything together and feel overwhelmed much of the time. I've gotten some excellent advice from the members here which has really made an impact on my recovery.
Paleo Donk - I'm sure you're right.  I certainly know that "being off" can only be a phase, because, after all, where else is there to aim, once I know what is healthy?  (At least at this level of my understanding.)  It's almost impossible for me to stay eating wrong, and just watch bodily repercussions, for any length of time, any more.

(But I still want to go to my cafe and read the paper tomorrow morning.)

What triggered it was buying lots of venison haunch to eat at the weekend, and when I unwrapped it, it was very gamey - effectively high meat, or headed that way.  I'm just not far enough along for that.  I couldn't eat it raw.  (I've had a poor quality venison before from a supermarket, but that was just like all supermarket meat.)  Plus I might have fasted too much and felt light-headed, and wanted to just fill up on anything.  We had home made hamburgers and coke, cooked from scratch by one of my nephews.  It was really well made stuff, but utter junk by paleo criteria.

The other big thing I noticed today.  My dentist asked me to work on my posture and try and breathe through my nose, to help the orthodontic appliances working on moving and expanding the palates.  I found my nose passage so limited that I couldn't even walk and only breathe through my nose.  Worse, I couldn't even wash myself in the bath and keep up the nose breathing.  It was too exhausting, and I found myself panting for breath.

Only good diet, and the orthodontic work succeeding, will clear my nasal airway.  It's a virtuous loop, and I have to come back to it, no matter how childish my eating urges.  (Although madly, with one bad meal, the detox stops and my nose clears.  The body's methods can seem counterintuitive - punishing you with a heavy detox when you are being virtuous towards it.  In fact, life's a lot like that in all areas.)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2010, 10:52:33 am »

What triggered it was buying lots of venison haunch to eat at the weekend, and when I unwrapped it, it was very gamey - effectively high meat, or headed that way.  I'm just not far enough along for that.  I couldn't eat it raw.  (I've had a poor quality venison before from a supermarket, but that was just like all supermarket meat.)  Plus I might have fasted too much and felt light-headed, and wanted to just fill up on anything.  We had home made hamburgers and coke, cooked from scratch by one of my nephews.  It was really well made stuff, but utter junk by paleo criteria.

I suggest eating large amounts of raw fat, particularly grass-fed fat or fatty fish, at the beginning of each meal.  Fat fills you up and satisfies.

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2010, 12:22:00 am »
I suggest eating large amounts of raw fat, particularly grass-fed fat or fatty fish, at the beginning of each meal.  Fat fills you up and satisfies.
I'll log that in my brain because I am restarting on Monday when I am back on my own terrain.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 02:44:35 am by Stig of the Dump »

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2010, 09:33:02 pm »
I woke up feeling sick, and although I've taken the dogs for a walk, I still feel sick.  Plus my legs ache and I feel weak and trembly.  So one and a half days of SAD food, and I am sofa bound.

(I think my SAD food relapses are drawing to a close.)

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2010, 08:25:17 pm »
I'm having a cooked paleo week, eating up that venison.  (It tastes gorgeous cooked.  It makes me sure, that when I get used to it raw, it will be gorgeous raw too.  When I'm ready to try again, I'll buy a little quarter pound slice regularly (weekly?) until I get used to it.)

At the end of each meal I am eating some raw grass fed beef fat.  The more I eat it, the more I love it.  It's starting to taste like ice cream!

William

« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2010, 11:40:14 pm »

At the end of each meal I am eating some raw grass fed beef fat.  The more I eat it, the more I love it.  It's starting to taste like ice cream!

The best advice is to eat the fat to satiety at the start of every meal, then meat. This makes it possible to avoid the problems caused by disproportionate protein/fat ratio.

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2010, 12:20:02 am »
The best advice is to eat the fat to satiety at the start of every meal, then meat. This makes it possible to avoid the problems caused by disproportionate protein/fat ratio.
Thanks.  That makes a lot of sense.

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2010, 09:30:55 pm »
I have just reread the above few posts.  The fact that I forgot to "log" what cherimoya_kid said, and was surprised by the same information twice says a lot about how my brain works.

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2010, 10:50:02 pm »
Just to pop in and say I'm still here and reading now and again.

I've just had two wild salmon fillets, and hope to be back fully on a regime of fasting until 5pm and raw meat tomorrow.  Diet hasn't been my main concern lately, and I've let it slip a bit, but my life is pulling ahead well in other areas, so something good is happening.

I will try and check in again tomorrow.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2010, 10:02:39 am »
Good luck, SOTD  8)

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2010, 06:22:55 pm »
My goodness you have a beautiful figure klowcarb.  Well done!  ;D

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2010, 02:51:58 am »
Well I joined the gym today, and I'm going to go first thing in the morning tomorrow.  (Hopefully that will kill two birds with one stone, and give me something to substitute my morning visit to the cafe with.)

I'm going to go twice a day, morning and afternoon for an hour each time.  At first I'll just walk, then gradually introduce running, a minute more each day, focusing on posture and being barefoot.  When I'm running the full hour, I'll start taking my barefoot running outside (to and from the gym) and start switching over to strength training.

My main thing, is very, very gradual changes - even the weights, just a twig at first!  I don't intend to do all that "go for the burn", "rest days" stuff.  I think Paleo man was much more chaotic than that and probably had to do difficult hard work (for example stabbing an auroch to death with a ten foot pole, trying not to trip over the ropes attached to it and all the dogs running around) most days.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2010, 04:02:28 am »
Where do you live Stig? Good choice with going barefoot, you done much already?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2010, 04:20:51 am »
(Cheers miles.  After my information splurge last week I didn't feel too comfortable, so I've decided to keep anything that can really identify me, like my location, private.)

Yes, I had a long period going barefoot where I was pretty crazy with long, long hair and a long beard.  I must have been quite a sight!

One thing I learned is that the world is seemingly terrified of people without shoes.  Bizarrely, once you show that you own shoes, by dangling them in your hand as you stroll, all the fear lifts.  It really is a simple as that.  If I walked into a store with my shoes in my hand, everybody's happy, I'm just a very relaxed person enjoying a stroll.  If I go in the store with my shoes hidden in my bag ... call security!  We've got a barefoot loony in the shop!  ;D

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2010, 05:32:47 am »
!!!! It's true! About carrying the shoes..
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2010, 10:12:32 am »
Thank you, Sting. I just turned 29 yesterday and am in the best shape of my life.  :D I'm glad to hear about your workouts. Lifting brings me so much joy.

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2011, 06:19:50 am »
Hello again all!   ;D  I'm not really a newbie, but I've been totally "absent".

I mentioned I have "mental health" issues (more likely food-based, than brain-based), and one of them is a sort of multiple personality thing - where I go for months or even years into a totally different space.  (It makes a social life very hard, as the person I've been being has very little to do with how I suddenly feel "now" - and suddenly my social network can't relate to me, nor me to them.)

But in essence, I've been being an alcoholic since my last post.  I came off all paleo, never mind raw, and most mornings I'd just buy a wine box and drink it - then blitz all my old girlfriends/crushes with meaningless, chaotic, poetic e-mail messages of my tragic pining.

Anyway, a few days ago suddenly "ping" the drinking stopped, and then suddenly "ping" I want to exercise and suddenly "ping" I remember this place and all of you.  And I'm back here, looking at everyone's photographs and how fabulously healthy you all are, and I'm thinking "what the f*** was I thinking?".

Anyway, here's hoping it lasts.  Raw meat tomorrow, and maybe I'll post a bit more.  Nice to see you're all still thriving!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2011, 07:29:42 am »
Glad to see you found your way back here!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2011, 09:31:43 am »
SOTD! so strange because i was recently wondering what you were up to.  glad you're back! 

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2011, 04:15:33 pm »
Thank you both.  Nice to see you too.   ;D

Ioanna, there is some sort of strange supernatural guidance going on (no matter how daft "getting drunk" sounds, it felt like a unique, purposeful life passage - hopeful one that needs no repetition), so it doesn't surprise me that there might be psychic forerunners.  All through my life I feel as if I've suddenly been delivered into new bands/groups of people, who all seem to be there for a reason.

It's a fleeting thing - it doesn't last - but just for a while, everything seems to be running hot.  Synchronistic, times of blossoming.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk