1 (12.5%)
No, probably safe in about 10 years
2 (25%)
Not safe in 100 years
1 (12.5%)
Not safe in over 9000 years
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Would you eat seafood from the Gulf of Mexico now?  (Read 8852 times)

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Would you eat seafood from the Gulf of Mexico now?
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 05:29:11 am »
You didn't. I knew you were just making a point.  ;)

I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum is in favor of conservation and taking only what we need and leaving what we don't need.

Be Leavers and not Takers
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2011, 07:23:51 am »
Well this thread is telling me I don't belong here.
Wrong, as fears are what most RVAF diet newbies are consumed by when they first try rawpalaeodiets. Once people have had a few years of experience of RVAF diets, they start to realise that they are not dead yet despite eating raw foods for ages, and then they start realising that most of the scares are nonsense.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2011, 07:37:22 am »
Wrong, as fears are what most RVAF diet newbies are consumed by when they first try rawpalaeodiets. Once people have had a few years of experience of RVAF diets, they start to realise that they are not dead yet despite eating raw foods for ages, and then they start realising that most of the scares are nonsense.

Agreed. I have always been skeptical, but my first high meat eating drastically changed my point of view.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2011, 02:51:13 pm »

Yes, but I think it's right to be concerned about water pollution and global environmental pollution. Some non-degradable molecules can accumulate in the food chain and finally in our bodies. Even if it causes no short term troubles, it may be harmful in the long term. I would neither eat fish from waters that I know to be very much polluted nor eat wild game from the Chernobyl area.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline BakeyMan

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • Eternal Tortoise
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2011, 04:25:58 pm »
The importance of every environmental issue pales in comparison to the Genetic Engineering of food.  It's pretty much a given that humans will destroy the planet as we know it.  The earth would eventually recover from global warming, mass extinctions etc.  But even if the production of GM crops and salmon were halted tomorrow, the contamination of ecosystems over the past 20 yrs. could not possibly be recovered.  Unless nature can adapt to fish genes inserted in potato DNA without any side effects.  
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 12:21:25 am by BakeyMan »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk