Author Topic: A guy searching for good health...  (Read 5516 times)

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
A guy searching for good health...
« on: December 26, 2010, 01:12:03 pm »
Hello guys! :) I am 19 years old and live in the Dallas Metroplex. I would be thankful, if anyone is willing to read my story. It's sort of long so I understand, if you don't. :(

In my late high school years, I became more health-conscious because I was fed up with being overweight and fatigued all the time.
I followed the conventional wisdom, and I cut out red meat from my diet. I felt better or at least I thought I felt better. My digestive
system seemed to feel more comfortable, and I felt healthier. (Unfortunately, I would later learn that not having the zinc found in red meats
make protein digestion more difficult.) I continued this way until I became more ideological when I learned about the horrors of
factory farming. It made me decide to cut out chicken and turkey. It also reaffirmed my decision to not eat red meat. Then, I cut out all fish
and other animal byproducts soon followed such as dairy and eggs.

All of this would end up as a terrible mistake.

I will describe these next events with what I know now.

I went into college practicing veganism. Looking back, I remember signs that should have signaled to me that what I was doing was not good for me.
I remember that I had an underlying anxiety, and I was always craving food. In my first semester, I guess I had this illusion that I felt great. I felt incredibly
motivated(unusually so) and managed to keep up with my work and surpassed most of my peers. I became obsessed in my studying. That was truly all I did.

My schedule was:
1. Wake up
2. Go to class
3. Study except when eating or doing other maintenance functions.

My obsessiveness increased as the semester went on. I cut ties with most of the friends I had made. I eventually ended up with a perfect GPA. Strangely though
I was not happy.

These are all signs of copper toxicity and the adrenal stimulation it causes along with a high carbohydrate diet. Nutrient deficiencies didn't help either My adrenals would not last much longer.

On my second semester, I adopted an eating pattern that was truly atrocious. It accelerated my inevitable crash. I had wheat at every single meal. Every. Single. Day.

1. Wheat based cereal in the morning with soy milk
2. Wheatberries and barley salad with mixed legumes and kale at lunch
3. Wheat pita bread with hummus and tabouli(bulgar wheat) afternoon snack
4. Wheatberries and barley salad with mixed legumes and kale again at dinner
5. Snacking on fresh fruits throughout the day

I did not eat like this on my first semester. I varied the food I packed from home on the weekends. On the second semester though, I limited to a few foods just out of convenience, so I could
study more on the weekends.  -\

It wasn't long until the most hellish period of my life began. I became majorly depressed, and I didn't know why. I didn't pay attention to possible nutrient deficiencies because my thought
process became rigid and payed attention only to school work. Until the end of the academic year, I literally wanted to DIE.

I look back at this period in my life with great discomfort. I really could have died then.

I spent the summer trying to recover. I was able to eat a more varied vegan diet since I was home. I did everything I was supposed to do such as combing rice and beans, eating leafy greens, ton of fruits, and healthy oils. However, I didn't feel better. I often felt worse after eating.

I switched universities so I could go to school from home in order to relieve stress. I soon realized that I had no drive, no motivation, no nothing. I existed as an empty shell, existing but not
truly living. It constantly felt like I was in a dream world. I would end up failing all my classes.

It was during this period though that I "discovered" the work of Weston A. Price. (Actually, the first time I heard about him was during a seminar at my first university. Shame that I didn't listen then.)
I went to WAPF website and read through the nutritional information. Dr. Mercola was also a resource. I didn't change my ways immediately. I read about the nutrients that were missing from my diet, and I tried artificial supplementation. It didn't help. My logical reasoning slowly surfaced, when I supplemented zinc. The rigidity gradually slipped away just enough until I was willing to change. I went to a local farm and picked up A2 raw milk and pastured eggs. I came home and had both. The "meal" tasted essential. It wasn't long until I added pastured pork, beef, and lamb.

I have been "deprogramming" my mind for the last 2 months or so.

Throughout my experience I have gained these problems: depression, IBS, candida, leaky gut, food allergies, chemical sensitivities due to candida, extreme fatigue/adrenal burnout, insomnia, anxiety, OCD, eczema

I have made improvements, but I still suffer these problems. The adrenal burnout still isn't letting go and makes me wonder whether or not I will ever feel purpose driven.

I can no longer eat grain, raw tough vegetables, and fruit. Fructose makes me feel ill and glucose causes a stronger blood sugar crash than I have ever experienced in my life.
I have been eating mostly animal food lately(cooked). I have trouble digesting the protein and fat sometimes, but I force myself because I know it is necessary. However, raw milk kefir and raw eggs have been kind to my digestion.

I have lurked for 2 days on this forum, and you guys have sold me on the idea of eating raw animal foods. The ancestors did it; how bad could it be?
 Researching about alternative medicine has helped open my mind about many things.

I would be grateful if you guys help me on the road to feeling humans again.  ;D

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: A guy searching for good health...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 03:20:50 pm »
Welcome. You're making a very good decision to join. O0

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 03:44:34 pm »
Your story is similar to mine and others on this forum. Be patient, it seems to takes several months or years to fully recover from adrenal fatigue and candida. And since it sounds like you're Zero-Carb, beware of/ignore the few anti-ZC people on this forum.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 05:40:41 pm »
Your story is similar to mine and others on this forum. Be patient, it seems to takes several months or years to fully recover from adrenal fatigue and candida. And since it sounds like you're Zero-Carb, beware of/ignore the few anti-ZC people on this forum.
Hardly likely, as the guy has already mentioned suffering from raw carbs.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Have a look here too:-

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/sticky-advice-for-newbies-wishing-to-slowly-ease-into-a-raw-animal-food-diet/

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/where-to-buy-cheap-raw-animal-food(please-don't-post-in-this-thread!)/
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dima

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 09:29:39 am »
Hello CHK91,

Your story describes parts of my life as well. I think healing starts with hope and is realized through patience. I hope these remain with you on your journey.   

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 10:40:09 am »
You are going to look and feel great!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 10:44:16 am »
You are going to look and feel great!

I hope so.  :) Unfortunately, the end doesn't seem near right now.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 01:03:19 pm »
happy holidays to you too!, welcome :)

Offline BakeyMan

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • Eternal Tortoise
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 03:01:22 pm »
I hope so.  :) Unfortunately, the end doesn't seem near right now.

Hey, our stories are pretty similar, can't say that I've recovered yet either.  I can say with confidence though that this is exactly where you need to be.  my new years resolution is to go full raw paleo for the next month and see if my sense of purpose improves.  

After you've become accustomed to eating raw meats I suggest you look into fermentation.  Eating a couple spoonfuls of 'high meat' really does get rid of depression.  Countless hours were wasted reading about alternative medicine to find cures and all I had to do was leave some meat outside!

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 11:19:45 pm »
I am approaching the end of my first year on Low carb raw paleo, and I am a new man, who is extremely grateful for finding this place. My health issues are improved and I feel as strong as I ever have. I had chronic fatigue, glandular burnout, weak immune system and boarderline diabetes; that all resolved quickly after adopting this diet.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk