Author Topic: Will fasting help me like the taste of raw beef?  (Read 3601 times)

Offline Adam

• Forager
    • View Profile
Will fasting help me like the taste of raw beef?
« on: January 02, 2011, 06:15:42 pm »
Admittedly I am not even full paleo let alone raw but I just don't like the taste of raw beef at the moment and I have no other source of reliable grass fed meat. So Im wondering if I fast for 3 days or so and then try beef will there be a greater chance I will like it. And its weird cause I crave it but I don't like it...weird.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Will fasting help me like the taste of raw beef?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 06:34:33 pm »
Try NZ lamb, that's the 1st raw meat i really enjoyed, i heard others say that too. Well, it doesn't matter where the lamb is from, but NZ lamb is sold all over the world so it's easy to get.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 08:30:08 pm »
Try this recipe with your grass fed beef

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cbhkUA5ySQ

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 09:12:42 pm »
Admittedly I am not even full paleo let alone raw but I just don't like the taste of raw beef at the moment and I have no other source of reliable grass fed meat. So Im wondering if I fast for 3 days or so and then try beef will there be a greater chance I will like it. And its weird cause I crave it but I don't like it...weird.

Try getting from different sources of meat.  Even if it isn't totally grass fed.  Taste and taste and taste and compare.  You will find what appeals to you.

And don't eat anything cooked.

And being hungry makes raw meat taste a lot better.

Your meat has to taste good by itself for you to want to eat it.

Imagine, I buy a slab of beef and I eat that for 1 week straight.  If it didn't taste good, I'd be miserable.  You have to like your food, you have to enjoy your food.

There is a transition tip for newbies in this forum.  Go through that transition Tyler posted.  I did that and it helped me.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 09:20:28 pm »
I hope to find a place where they actually sell grass beef over here... because the meat I eat raw currently is like... -v
So I am forced to cook some of it  :'(

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 11:07:37 pm »
I hope to find a place where they actually sell grass beef over here... because the meat I eat raw currently is like... -v
So I am forced to cook some of it  :'(
Have you tasted other grass fed beef to compare it too?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 03:58:28 am »
Have you tasted other grass fed beef to compare it too?

Not really but some say even at the begining they could find the taste differents between grassfed and grain fed.
 people can get grassfed from regular supermarkets while I get the grainfed from pro butchers coz the supermarket here feed their animals cereal :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk