Author Topic: Raw Vegan vs Paleo  (Read 36595 times)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Vegan vs Paleo
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2011, 02:14:38 pm »
Did you here about the strikeforce tournament?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pBWa31-QiJk/TSOxilEUcZI/AAAAAAAACkQ/8KdXibDBbOY/s1600/Strikeforce+Heavyweight+Grand+Prix+Brackets.jpg

Gonna be nice, fedor is fighting in Feb. Fedor could fight Werdum again. But I think Alistair Overeem might win the tournament. Either him or Fedor.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 02:19:47 pm by Sully »

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2011, 02:22:45 pm »
Thanks for the heads up. I hope to be able to catch that somewhere. Obviously Fedor can go down just like anyone else. But have you noticed how his oponents often have a look on their face as the fight starts, that seem to say that they too, would have opted for the badger in that moment in time. For sheer controlled brutality, there is nobody like him IMO. I would like to see a vegan, especially a raw vegan enter in at this level and do well.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2011, 03:15:40 pm »
Thanks for the heads up. I hope to be able to catch that somewhere. Obviously Fedor can go down just like anyone else. But have you noticed how his oponents often have a look on their face as the fight starts, that seem to say that they too, would have opted for the badger in that moment in time. For sheer controlled brutality, there is nobody like him IMO. I would like to see a vegan, especially a raw vegan enter in at this level and do well.
There is a vegan named Mac Danzig in the UFC, he's not anywhere near a title shot. But in a few solid wins he could be. He just won by knockout, who knows where his future lies, he has had his ups and downs. He eats cooked vegan foods of course.

You know fedor lost to Werdum right? In the 1st round by triangle choke, Fedor knocked him down and went in for the kill and got caught in a triangle slash armbar.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2011, 06:48:47 pm »
While we're on the topic of fighters' diet, Andrei Arlovski was on the show "UFC all access" a few years ago, he described his diet and it was nothing but meat and eggs, and a little bit of veggies. They showed him eating breakfast and it was a steak and an omelet, no carbs at all. He may very well be close to zero carb.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2011, 06:54:46 pm »
I don't watch much of these fights other than recently on Youtube, but I want to see Overeem vs Fedor.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2011, 09:58:59 pm »
I have watched some of Fedors fights and I was always impressed by the completely calm expression he has right before facing some of the most brutal opponents imaginable( I see no fear in that man). I believe he is the greatest fighter that I have seen. He makes what he does seem so effortless.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2011, 10:33:54 pm »
You know fedor lost to Werdum right? In the 1st round by triangle choke, Fedor knocked him down and went in for the kill and got caught in a triangle slash armbar.

I didnt know that. I am not really a MMA fan. I just caught a couple of Fedors fights on youtube and was impressed. He fight with the brutality of someone fighting for his life. But that does not mean he cant go down, get sucker punched or end up positioning himself in a bad way.

He makes what he does seem so effortless.

Exactly. With Fedor you can really see the difference between skill and talent. Training can get you skill and skill will get you far, but against someone who is also very talented you will loose unless he fucks up himself and you get a suckerpunch chance.

While we're on the topic of fighters' diet, Andrei Arlovski was on the show "UFC all access" a few years ago, he described his diet and it was nothing but meat and eggs, and a little bit of veggies.

Another frighteningly good figher. I saw his fight against Fedor in which he was dominant untill Fedor spotted an opening and took an elbow to his face. Clean knock out.  I wonder what they put in the water in Russia.

Fedor is the human equalent of a honey badger. The most baddass animal in the world.

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2011, 11:00:46 pm »
How can a vegetarian eat eggs? lacto-ovo veg. That's an omnivore to me. Then there are thos ethat just eat fish. Give me a break.

this whole vegetarian/non-veg thing is an artificial abstraction made by humans - it does not exist in nature.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk