Author Topic: Vacation  (Read 4637 times)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Vacation
« on: January 30, 2011, 05:57:32 am »

I'm thinking of planning a little get away from the piles and piles of snow that keep dumping here.

Also I just got my Vit D checked and even with lots of RAF and supplementation I've barely popped into the acceptable range so 4-5 days on a sandy beach sounds mighty fine in that regard.

I've never been much of anywhere outside the US, and have made some similar trips to Florida around this time of year, but looking for maybe something a bit more exotic probably in a similar region: Caribbean, Mexico etc...Not Africa/Australia  :-*

Ideally I'd like to do something authentic and dirty and that isn't some lame resort, and had alot of access to healthy raw foods of course but something the lady would like, so probably not a cot in some third world friend's house...

so, anyway..heres a nice light-hearted conversation....

Where have people gone on vacation?

Offline jms8220

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Vacation
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 06:09:36 am »
RIO DE JANEIRO! beach, sun, girls (even though you have one), and pretty easy to find raw meat, from what I remember...butcher shops all over

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 06:23:43 am »
If you don't mind me asking, what was your level and how much vitamin D were you taking? I'm trying to normalize my levels too.

As for vacation ideas, I don't really have any since I haven't been outside the US either.  -\
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 06:35:03 am »
I don't have it in front of me..but I think 38. with 100 being 'toxic' and <30 being deficient. I think. Since 90% of people are deficient..I guess i'm doing ok, but supposedly higher levels can have a variety of benefits...

I started taking NOW brand softgels maybe 6 weeks ago. I started with 10,000 for 2 weeks..then 5k a day (when I remember)

its very possible that my levels were really low (they were 2 years ago last time I got checked) but I eat lots of D rich foods

---
Rio seems a little bit of a hike ($$), but i'll look into it.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 06:40:46 am »
According to mercola 50-70ng/ml is the optimal range. I'm probably around 30-40 too since I've been on 5000 IU also. Lately, I've actually been tanning in the nude in my backyard to get my levels up. ;) Hope the neighbors aren't nosy.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 06:50:23 am »
According to mercola 50-70ng/ml is the optimal range. I'm probably around 30-40 too since I've been on 5000 IU also. Lately, I've actually been tanning in the nude in my backyard to get my levels up. ;) Hope the neighbors aren't nosy.

heh. yeah I used to go out in the dead of winter and sunbath.

I also get out tons in the summer..So my feeling is alot of people are fooling themselves if they are inside most of the time year-round and not supplementing or being tested.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 10:20:42 pm »
How do you get tested? Cost?

It a blood test I assume.
Cheers
Al

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 11:07:10 pm »
I remember watching this dude saying that you cant make any D if you are sunbathing in winter:

from ~18:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq1t9WqOD-0

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 11:29:33 pm »
Come to israel there is a beach in tel aviv the most famous in israel they call it "Banana Beach" so much pretty girls you will like it.
you can google that beach its famous.

This country is like mini usa but without grass its a dessert keep in mind  -\

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 11:57:17 pm »
Thanks for posting that video! Loaded with information, awesome!

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 12:15:20 am »
I remember watching this dude saying that you cant make any D if you are sunbathing in winter:

from ~18:00

I think its right from what I've researched. I mentioned it a bit in the vit d threads. something to do with not being able to penetrate the horizon. Its still beneficial to get some sun on the body/eyes etc...
depends where you are of course as well. My take is if you live in a 'wintry' climate..you arn't going to get enough D from raw food, no way.

How do you get tested? Cost?

I dunno, i got it as part of a bunch of different tests.

shouldn't be very expensive out of pocket, although you might need a doctors sign off, you may be able to just approach a lab or perhaps a natropath.?

isn't this stuff free in Canada?

Come to israel there is a beach in tel aviv the most famous in israel they call it "Banana Beach" so much pretty girls you will like it.
you can google that beach its famous.

I'd like to see Israel and the middle East at some point. I'm looking for like a <6 hour flight or something from the NE

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 01:40:33 am »
isn't this stuff free in Canada?
Gees, you know, you're right.
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk