Author Topic: Dissapointing...  (Read 2946 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Dissapointing...
« on: January 07, 2011, 09:42:02 am »
http://www.forksoverknives.com/buy-tickets.html
yep...once again blame the meat.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Dissapointing...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 09:59:04 am »
Most people eat almost no meat -_-
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 10:25:52 am »
I wouldn't say that. -\ More like most people don't eat the right kinds of meat.

I'm not surprised about seeing Campbell in the documentary. He would lose a lot of fame, if his whole analysis was disproved. He will advocate his position until the day he dies most likely. It is a shame because ideally scientists should acknowledge mistakes. Many scientists seem have their own "pet research projects" that they have dedicated their lives to. Some could possibly lose money and notoriety, if their research was disproved by another scientist. Being humans like the rest of us, confirmation bias takes over. I'm not saying all scientists are bad. I'm saying people should not automatically assume a scientist with a phd is right just because he or she is a scientist and a self proclaimed "expert."
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 11:41:18 pm »

They certainly don't eat much fatty meat. Chicken is now the most popular meat in the West, and lean cuts are what people want.

Excluding Indians, isn't it a myth that Asians don't eat much meat? They put pork in like all their dishes. Pork is by far the most popular meat there since pigs yield the most meat per $. Given how fatty pork is, i wouldn't be surprised if Asians got more calories from saturated fat than westerners. Asians eating less processed food is a better explanation as to why cardiovascular diseases are less prevalent in Asia.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 11:50:48 pm »
Yes it is myth. East Asians love seafood, pork, and to a lesser degree beef except Koreans who eat it with greater frequency. Unfortunately, most of these animals are grain fed. I would assume the high amounts of raw seafood they eat offset that imbalance. They generally do eat more traditionally, but that is changing with globalization. I can't believe that some people make outrageous claims like people there barely eat any meat.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk