Author Topic: Help with weak digestion  (Read 17857 times)

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
Help with weak digestion
« on: January 07, 2011, 12:07:11 pm »
I've been doing zero carb raw paleo for about two weeks now, and my digestion was very good through most of this period. However, indigestion started happening again yesterday. Is digestive strength supposed to fluctuate in the beginning? The only new food I introduced since yesterday was beef tongue. Is this typically hard to digest? Should I eat more salt? Are there any foods that help with bile secretion?  ???
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:17:23 pm by CHK91 »
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Help with weak digestion
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 12:19:36 pm »
probiotics? high meat?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 12:24:09 pm »
I've been doing zero carb raw paleo for about two weeks now, and my digestion was very good through most of this period. However, indigestion started happening again yesterday. Is digestive strength supposed to fluctuate in the beginning? The only new food I introduced since yesterday was beef tongue. Is this typically hard to digest? Should I eat more salt? Are there any foods that help with bile secretion?  ???
High meat, raw honey, kifer, raw animal's stomach or even raw yogurt is helpful.
bugs or country chickens

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 12:24:13 pm »
I take a digestive enzyme and probiotic pill with every meal. My digestion has been weak for a long time. :(

As for high meat, I haven't thought about trying it in the immediate future. Even if I start planning now, it's going to take weeks to make, and I don't know if it is okay to age it at room temperature to make it go any faster.

I've stopped eating dairy so no kefir or yogurt. I noticed slight brain fog after I reintroduced it. I have bad intolerance to gluten, and since casein is supposed to be similar it is probably best I get off it.

Isn't honey helpful with carbohydrate digestion? Does it really have enzymes that support protein/fat digestion?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:30:08 pm by CHK91 »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 03:16:32 pm »

You probably know what my answer would be...

Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 11:14:00 pm »
You probably know what my answer would be...

I don't know, sorry. :D

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 11:19:00 pm »
honey helped me with digestion (cooked carbs) but its causing my gums to bleed easily.

Busgrw

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 12:56:11 am »
honey helped me with digestion (cooked carbs) but its causing my gums to bleed easily.

Was it raw honey or heart treated?

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 01:27:58 am »
it was "chunky honey" from HoneyPacifica. they say its "All Cold Packed honey is raw, unheated, and unfiltered"

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 01:31:47 am »
How much and how often are you eating?

I've found I was able to handle up to 2 lbs. of raw meat a day including all of the other food I was eating, but only for a while, as my body can't keep up with the digestion at one point, so the answer seems to be to eat a little less until it's better.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:54:24 am by Caveman »

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 01:47:39 am »
How much and how often are you eating?

I've found I was able to handle up to 2 lbs. of raw meat a day including all of the other food I was eating, but only for a while, as my body can't keep up with the digestion at one point, so the answer seems to eat a little less until it's better.

Now that you mention it, I have been eating a little more. This is because raw meat has become more appetizing. I'm not sure that's the only reason though. I always stop eating before I feel full. The feeling of indigestion is actually happening after 30-60 minutes after I finish eating and it continues on for hours.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:55:23 am by CHK91 »

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 12:20:54 pm »
I've been drinking 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar diluted with water before meals and there has been some improvement. Does anyone have any experience in using this for indigestion? How much do or did you use while having digestive issues? Any suggestions at all? ???

I would like to solve this issue because it's hard to eat when my stomach feels full for most of the day. I'm not getting enough calories and my weight is going down.

Offline rawcarni

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 04:30:59 pm »
How many times per day are you eating? I found that my digestion greatly improved when I switched to eating only once per day. Just a thought, maybe it would help you too?
Nicole

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 04:49:48 pm »
I don't know, sorry. :D

Eat 100%  raw paleo, unprocessed, unmixed and unseasoned to allow your instinct (smell, taste, feelings) regulate your food intake in a way  finely tuned to your current digestive capacity and body needs. Choose your food and food amounts like a wild animal does or like a pithecanthropus would have.

Throw away all dietary ideology such as zero carb, low carb, vegetarianism, veganism. Realize that our knowledge is extremely limited, relative, in constant evolution and definitely unable to take account of the immense complexity of the living phenomenon and nutritional processes.

In practice one meal around midday and one in evening work fine: our digestive system must be allowed some daily rest. Drink before the meals, not after.

François
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 12:44:01 am »
How many times per day are you eating? I found that my digestion greatly improved when I switched to eating only once per day. Just a thought, maybe it would help you too?
Nicole

Is it possible to eat that much in one sitting and not feel very uncomfortable? I thought eating a lot at one time was something that I shouldn't do.  -\

Offline rawcarni

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 12:47:20 am »
Is it possible to eat that much in one sitting and not feel very uncomfortable? I thought eating a lot at one time was something that I shouldn't do.  -\
I eat very high fat and it feels rather nice in my stomach, when I eat leaner it feels uncomfoartable. But then I am a small (1,57m) woman and probably need way less cals than you  :P.
On the other hand I tried eating smaller portions throughout the day and that had the effect that I couldn't eat as much in one sitting as I can now and I felt heavy all the time.
Maybe try it and see how you feel?

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 01:01:05 am »
I eat very high fat and it feels rather nice in my stomach, when I eat leaner it feels uncomfoartable. But then I am a small (1,57m) woman and probably need way less cals than you  :P.
On the other hand I tried eating smaller portions throughout the day and that had the effect that I couldn't eat as much in one sitting as I can now and I felt heavy all the time.
Maybe try it and see how you feel?

Eating much more fat seems like a good idea. Do you happen to know which fat is easiest to digest?

I actually counted up the amount of protein I usually eat. It's about 130-150g per day. I'm not a big guy, just 172cm and 62kg. I guess it's too much protein? ???

Offline rawcarni

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 01:07:20 am »
Eating much more fat seems like a good idea. Do you happen to know which fat is easiest to digest?

I actually counted up the amount of protein I usually eat. It's about 130-150g per day. I'm not a big guy, just 172cm and 62kg. I guess it's too much protein? ???
I don't know if that's too much protein. I am 1,57m, about 46Kg, and the last time I checked I ate sth. around 70 or 75g of protein. I found butter very easy but that kind of doesn't keep me full for a long time. I like beef fat (I think the correct english term is tallow?) Suet I find hardest to digest.

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 06:10:51 am »
I've been drinking 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar diluted with water before meals and there has been some improvement. Does anyone have any experience in using this for indigestion? How much do or did you use while having digestive issues? Any suggestions at all? ???

I would like to solve this issue because it's hard to eat when my stomach feels full for most of the day. I'm not getting enough calories and my weight is going down.

i am trying raw honey, it seems to helping bit with digestion, also reduced my water intake. Previously i used to drink water - even when the body did not ask for it.

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 06:14:10 am »

i found marrow fat easier to digest than backfat - but that could be just me.

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 12:10:25 am »
I think Iguana is right. On the note of seasoning, I seemed to have much more digestive upset when I salted my meat. I no longer use anything on my meat and feel much better.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 06:13:32 pm »
The best thing for digestion i've heard is edible clay. Try green clays. You pay about 60 bux but get an entire tub full of clay whereas you consume about 1-5 tbs a day 3 optimal 3 times a day. Very cleansing and it has the same properties of say pepto bismol because antacids sometimes use refined clay.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 07:23:34 pm »
I don't know if that's too much protein. I am 1,57m, about 46Kg, and the last time I checked I ate sth. around 70 or 75g of protein. I found butter very easy but that kind of doesn't keep me full for a long time. I like beef fat (I think the correct english term is tallow?) Suet I find hardest to digest.

you weight 46kg??? whatttttttttt damn

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
Still need improvement
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 08:17:22 am »
I've been having some issues lately due to the fact that I am eating more in one sitting. 1800-2000 calories. Would anyone share any digestive enzyme protocols that have worked well for high purine animal protein/fat? I recently changed digestive enzymes to porcine pancreatin because I'm allergic to yeast/fungi proteins which are commonly found in vegetarian digestive enzymes.

This is what I do currently: (Does it make sense?)

Pancreatin (works in alkaline environment) 10-15 minutes before meals

Betaine HCL with Pepsin (works in acidic environment) throughout the meals divided

It wouldn't make sense to take pancreatin after meals, because of the HCL taken during the meal, right?

How long does it take to get used to eating one meal? I've probably been doing the one-meal thing for just a few weeks. Are some people just not suited to eating this way?

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 09:47:58 am »
my opinion..

i wouldn't take any digestive enzymes at all.  listen to your body, and change your eating accordingly.

it's taken me forever to figure this out, but i don't like eating one big meal and i hate eating at the end of the day.  i'm a morning person, and by the end of the day i just can feel that my body does not want the burden of food, let alone one huge meal.  every so often i feel like eating a a really fatty meal, but mostly my fat is not so high despite not eating carbs.  i feel that i had been forcing myself to eat more fat than i would have intuitively chosen to eat. 

one large meal at the end of the day for someone not suited to it sounds like an easy route to indigestion.  why not consider that you are completely capable of digesting your food without supplementation, and the indigestion is your body telling you that time, amount, or macronutrient proportions could be off for you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk