Author Topic: Help with weak digestion  (Read 17852 times)

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Help with weak digestion
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 10:38:18 am »
I prefer eating at night. If I eat in the mornings, I feel full and "weighed down" for the rest of the day. The less time I have to spend digesting food the better. Trust me, I've tried not using digestive enzymes, and I felt pain. I think the main culprit is fat. I have on occasion took enough HCL to feel a light burning sensation in my stomach, which is a sign that enough acid is available, and I still felt indigestion. I ate a low fat diet throughout my entire life, and this is probably why I don't handle it well right now. As an omnivore before the veganism/vegetarian phase, the meats I ate were almost always seafood or poultry (mostly seafood). Red meat always made me heavy after eating it. I'm not sure if "listening to one's body" is always applicable. Since a low fat diet is bad, I'm trying to deal with the discomfort, hoping that one day it goes away.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2011, 08:49:17 am »
do fish and chicken digest better for you then, in comparison to beef? 

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2011, 09:03:12 am »
Edible clays are a digestive superstar. Look up green clays.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2011, 01:30:54 pm »
Edible clays are a digestive superstar. Look up green clays.
Do you use bentonite?

Fish is by far the the easiest to digest for me. I loved sushi as a regular omnivore, and I still love it if the fish is wild. Sometimes I wish I lived on the coast so I can get fish for cheap. :( Cooked chicken digested better for me than cooked beef. I never tried raw chicken, but I would think the same would apply due to lower fat content. For some reason though the thought of eating raw chicken puts me off not because of foodborne illness but because I keep imagining that it would taste nasty. Would anyone like to share what it tastes like?
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline rawcarni

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2011, 08:59:46 pm »
For some reason though the thought of eating raw chicken puts me off not because of foodborne illness but because I keep imagining that it would taste nasty. Would anyone like to share what it tastes like?

I like raw chicken-it tastes really good! Compared to beef it is very mild flavor, but the texture is way, way softer and I enjoy it very much. If you leave it for couple days air dry in the fridge it will start tasting sweet.
Nicole

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk