Author Topic: What is Your Favorite Yummy Fruit?  (Read 14411 times)

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: What is Your Favorite Yummy Fruit?
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 12:52:15 am »
When my 2nd son was 3, we were having a durian snack and left with a few servings, we were careful to apportion fairly amongst 3 children.  My 2nd son at 3 felt he didn't get a fair cut, he went into a blind rage, he smashed all the durian out the table and went on a long tantrum on the floor.
I caught that on video and gave him a whacking.  Must look for that video.
Amazing power of the durian when emotions are uncontrollable, like in a little boy.
(this boy on the left, my current avatar.)

That is so awesome! LOL
Durian rocks.

Offline AllenVaught

• Forager
  • I will prepare and some day my chance will come.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 03:10:58 pm »
Strawberry, Pineapple and i like all the dry fruits.

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 07:12:08 am »
I've never eaten a Durian, so my favourite is a Cherimoya (a custard apple).  It tastes like ice-cream to me.

(I'm with Mark Twain on this one; he called the Cherimoya "the most delicious fruit known to men.")

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 07:20:55 am »
I've never eaten a Durian, so my favourite is a Cherimoya (a custard apple).  It tastes like ice-cream to me.

(I'm with Mark Twain on this one; he called the Cherimoya "the most delicious fruit known to men.")
I would have to agree. I'e only had two in my life but they were both fantastic. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline deletemyaccount

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 07:26:00 am »
Mine is wild blueberries. Those are only available a couple months out of the year. When they're not available then my favorite is organic blackberries.

Kind of starchy but plantains are awesome. When I was younger growing up in Europe, I used to love picking wild-cherries, wild-currants or gooseberries while hiking in the mountains. I've had blackberries last night, delicious. Pineapple is also yummy and helps to digest protein if you eat a lot of it, but it's too sweet and burns my tongue.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 02:03:16 am »
Blueberries and blackberries!
Fresh or frozen.

Löwenherz

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2011, 06:44:18 am »
I tried some freeze dried durian and I find that I neither love it nor hate it. Perhaps it's because it's freeze dried, but I find it to be mediocre. It smelled mildly of sugar and sulphur and tasted like an onion-garlic pretzel. I liked the crunchiness, but that's about it. If I see the "fresh" (imported) fruit in a market I'll try one, but I'm not interested enough to order a fresh-frozen one.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2011, 09:17:21 am »
The chips are alright...
After tasting the frozen fruit I don't think I would ever want the chips again
I can only imagine fresh... ftw

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk