Author Topic: raw eggs, the oldworlds vitamin supplement?  (Read 17089 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: raw eggs, the oldworlds vitamin supplement?
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2011, 11:59:05 am »
I can feel the difference in my digestion after eatting egg whites, I do feel better with just the yolks. Perhaps aging could make the whites more digestable. The rat Templeton in Charlotte's web had a liking for rotten eggs.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2011, 03:19:39 pm »
I consider the egg yolks only as a supplement. I eat them from time to time.
I don't imagine eating them instead of the meat.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2011, 10:09:08 pm »
My main sentiment about the history of raw eggs , is that there was a time and place when people cooked everything and gave their children very little meats in general so many people were deficient, but there were some old timers who knew that eatting raw eggs and feeding them to their children was inherently good. Eggs are not a suitable replacement for meat in our own diets, but in days of old a few raw eggs mixed in raw milk(as was done by my great grand parrents) from time to time could make all the difference for some children who would otherwise be completely without the beneficial vitamines contained in raw animal foods.

Raw eggs are a part of my own endeavor to raise my own family and I believe I am onto something big.I am close to framing a diet for the young that is far Superior to anything else I have heard of within civilization. I know the Eskimos have really good results with their traditional diets, as well as a few other of the lost tribes of man, but its just not feasible to go to such extremes. What I can do is to keep doing what I am doing, I was putting egg yolks in with a supplemental formula after they were weened, and along with a few other protocol such as cod liver oil, and restricting grains for the first 18 months, I have had some positive results. 
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 04:27:16 am »
Well, soaking raw nuts in water helped reduce digestive discomfort for me when I ate too many nuts at a time, so I'm sure it works.  Besides, I don't see raw nuts as being a major palaeo staple, just something occasionally eaten in the days before agriculture.

You mean it allowed you to eat too many nuts at a time? Why eat too many? I thought most hunter-gatherer eat nuts quite often. Is that wrong? Even in the days after agriculture and until now most people have eaten nuts, it seems.

Do you soak the whole nuts with shell or only the shelled nuts? How long do you soak them? How long can you keep it after soaking?

Back to the topic:
I consider the egg yolks only as a supplement. I eat them from time to time.
I don't imagine eating them instead of the meat.

Of course, not instead of meat… but the reciprocal could be true: eating meat instead of eggs (or instead of any other stuff) might not be fine in some cases. I mean eggs or meat or whatever specific food may be the most suitable at a given moment for a given (more or less ailing) individual.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 04:36:32 am »
You mean it allowed you to eat too many nuts at a time? Why eat too many? I thought most hunter-gatherer eat nuts quite often. Is that wrong? Even in the days after agriculture and until now most people have eaten nuts, it seems.

Do you soak the whole nuts with shell or only the shelled nuts? How long do you soak them? How long can you keep it after soaking?

I soak them unshelled for 24 hours, and then eat them all immediately after that period, and they have less negative effect on my digestion as a result.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 03:35:34 pm »
Thanks.

I may try it, even that I doubt it was done in the paleolithic era. Maybe we can eat more (too much) of them once soaked? I never now how many I'll eat and even if I'll eat any at all the next day so it's difficult to plan in advance. Perhaps you can keep it more than 24 h once soaked?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 04:53:35 pm »

Perhaps you can keep it more than 24 h once soaked?
I don't know if that works better to leave them out for even longer than 24 hours. But perhaps I'll try that another time. I eat raw nuts pretty seldom these days.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2011, 09:36:39 pm »
Iguana are your nuts uncooked?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2011, 10:53:51 pm »
overdo raw eggs and get allergy

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2011, 10:57:14 pm »
overdo raw eggs and get allergy

I see, so I'm sure you must have some statistical data to back this up or severe egg allergy when their once was none?

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2011, 11:04:31 pm »

Raw eggs are a part of my own endeavor to raise my own family and I believe I am onto something big.I am close to framing a diet for the young that is far Superior to anything else I have heard of within civilization. I know the Eskimos have really good results with their traditional diets, as well as a few other of the lost tribes of man, but its just not feasible to go to such extremes. What I can do is to keep doing what I am doing, I was putting egg yolks in with a supplemental formula after they were weened, and along with a few other protocol such as cod liver oil, and restricting grains for the first 18 months, I have had some positive results.  

this is good to hear. I'm pretty sure I would never attempt to raise future children is any one way of eating, or even necessarily assume they had to do any RAF. I think in a way we can apply this logic to ourselves. We are not Eskimos and most things we are going to do consciously are going to be far superior to what was done for 20+ years or so. This doesn't say that anything raw: (fruit, egg etc..) will be better just because it is raw, but it does mean that I could care less about eating eggs knowing they arn't the most optimal food. What we eat has more purposes than its postive (or negative) nutrtion. All I need to know is that eggs serve a purpose other than nutrition (detoxification, bowel health) when eaten whole and that they are basically easy calories to throw down right before heading out on the bike or coming home late at night and not wanting to eat too solid food. Versatility and results over what looks good on paper..ANYDAY.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2011, 11:15:54 pm »
It makes sense to raise one's children in healthy ways of eating. For example, if my mother hadn't raised me on a semi-Weston-Price diet of cooked wild hares and the like, my health would have deteriorated at an even faster rate. Plus, there are obvious benefits in feeding children on raw foods rather than their waiting until their health started deteriorating.
" Ron Paul.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2011, 11:25:05 pm »
yeah of course. I didn't mean no attention to diet, just not set on any one way of eating that they HAD to eat or was exclusive to all raw or paleo. lets say I settled on something similar to Weston Price, it might be better to raise them 100% raw and/or paleo too, but likely I would focus on something more flexible they could eventually make up their own minds about. That was all I was saying. totally just my non-child rearing opinion anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk