Author Topic: Urinary Tract Infection  (Read 23171 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Urinary Tract Infection
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 05:12:57 am »
Luckily I'm in Southern California where we have plenty of sun all year round, unfortunately I for one, don't have anywhere to sunbathe nude which is what I would prefer, and for two, I don't have the time anymore.  Also for three, though I'm more medium skinned than light skinned, I haven't been much out in the sun for a long time so I've become very pale and easily burned.  However, I've been trying to get myself out in the sun more often whenever I can, because I know it will help clear up my skin.
I would love to sunbathe nude but can't cause I live in Chicago and theres really no place to do it legally. You don't need a ton of time to help with acne, even 20 minutes is good. Also the whole light skinned thing doesn't matter...I have red hair, and can get very pale in the winter but even I can tan enough to be outside for longer periods of time.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2011, 06:45:28 am »
And the wai diet doesn't recommend table sugar.  o.O;
Actually, Wai Genriiu (a pseudonym of Thijs R. Klompmaker) did indeed recommend sugar as an optional element and apparently eats it himself:

"'Empty calories'
One of the most prominent accusations heard, is that of sugar being 'just empty calories'. This refers to the fact that table sugar has been stripped of anything else than just the basic molecules glucose and fructose. Although table sugar is (almost) devoid of any micronutrients, it is still a macronutrient, a useful source of energy. If daily requirements of micronutrients are met, there is therefore no objection to the use of sucrose in order to meet daily macronutrient requirements.

Types of sugar
Different types of table sugar exist, but we recommend the use of white refined sugar, because most of the impurities (possible sources of toxic substances) have been removed.

Conclusion
Sugar is just a form of energy, and can be used without problem as long as the complete diet meets macro- and micronutrient requirements.

(Source: http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/twd-sugar.html)"

"Table sugar is an excellent source of extra energy, as long as it isn’t taken at the expense of necessary vitamins and minerals. As a guideline: maximally 50% of the total energy intake." (http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/thewaidiet.pdf)

honey, and as much salt-free food as I can, and it's seemed to have greatly improved my acne situation..
It is interesting that raw honey doesn't seem to trigger acne in me as much as fruit and added sugars do, even though raw honey and honeycomb do spike my BG.

I don't get zits anymore except every few days I might get one or two, ...
??? Which is it--do you not get zits anymore or do you still get one or two every few days?

which is probably more likely caused by the times I give in at work and munch on pizza.
Quite possible. I know you've talked in the past about your workplace being a source of much of your unhealthy eating. Have you looked into working elsewhere at all?

fruit doesn't make me break out at all
How did you test this?

... it could be any number of factors due to all the additives in processed foods. ...
Until you eliminate processed foods, which tend to contain all sorts of ingredients, it will be difficult to narrow down what is triggering your continued mild acne breakouts and lack of healing of acne damage.

I was amazed when my own acne scars that had existed for decades healed so thoroughly on a low carb Paleo diet and VLC raw Paleo diet that even I can't see what had been the worst of the scars in normal light and in very bright light it shows up as just a tiny crease in a slightly pulled-in area of one cheek.

I'm a pale-skinned redhead and I found that when I went conventional Paleo (a gluten- and dairy- free diet similar to Ray Audette's) that the sun bothered my skin and eyes much less and when I cut back on plant carbs (nightshades like potatoes and tomatoes, sweet potatoes, winter squashes and fruits) that helped still more. The downside was that after a brief period where my constipation improved it returned, so I've been experimenting and have recently added avocados and been trying to eat more soft foods in general to try to help with that.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 07:05:37 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2011, 05:37:09 pm »
I would love to sunbathe nude but can't cause I live in Chicago and theres really no place to do it legally. You don't need a ton of time to help with acne, even 20 minutes is good. Also the whole light skinned thing doesn't matter...I have red hair, and can get very pale in the winter but even I can tan enough to be outside for longer periods of time.

Well I'm half columbian (the other half white) so I tan very easily, I've only just gotten pale because I stay inside too much.  however, 20 minutes in the sun doesn't do anything for me, it only gives me the slightest bit of tan (only noticeable by very slight tan lines) which fades away by the end of the day.  I even laid around in the sun for an hour not too long ago, and it hardly did anything, I still don't have any tan lines.. and before, I had to wait in line for probably two hours out in the sun at DMV, and I kept my face in the sun the entire time and that still didn't help.  I really just need to spend all day out the sun for it to make much of a difference, but I don't have the time for that.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2011, 05:58:13 pm »
Actually, Wai Genriiu (a pseudonym of Thijs R. Klompmaker) did indeed recommend sugar as an optional element and apparently eats it himself:

oh, well from what I had remembered reading, I don't remember table sugar being recommended, only mention that sugary things would be less likely to make one break out.  but I have a horrible memory, so I probably forgot that part if I even read that part.

??? Which is it--do you not get zits anymore or do you still get one or two every few days?

Well, compared to how my acne used to be?  Getting a couple zits every few days that mostly go away on their own is pretty much nothing.

Quite possible. I know you've talked in the past about your workplace being a source of much of your unhealthy eating. Have you looked into working elsewhere at all?

it was hard enough for me to even get hired at where I'm at, and the only reason I can afford to buy my raw foods is because of this job and the extra money I make from tips as a delivery driver.. so, unless I can find a random job that's going to pay me $20 an hour starting out, with no sort of training and nothing but a high school diploma, then no, working somewhere else isn't much of an option..

How did you test this?

From the fact that I now eat tons of fruit daily and don't break out unless I eat pizza or something from work.

Until you eliminate processed foods, which tend to contain all sorts of ingredients, it will be difficult to narrow down what is triggering your continued mild acne breakouts and lack of healing of acne damage.

I know, though I already know it's mainly the pizza making me break out, I just don't know why it's taking so long to heal.

I was amazed when my own acne scars that had existed for decades healed so thoroughly on a low carb Paleo diet and VLC raw Paleo diet that even I can't see what had been the worst of the scars in normal light and in very bright light it shows up as just a tiny crease in a slightly pulled-in area of one cheek.

You know, the scars/blemishes would probably heal better if I ate more meat and animal foods and less fruit, but when I was eating 100% raw animal foods and no plants whatsoever, I still got zits, and I have no idea why.

I'm a pale-skinned redhead and I found that when I went conventional Paleo (a gluten- and dairy- free diet similar to Ray Audette's) that the sun bothered my skin and eyes much less and when I cut back on plant carbs (nightshades like potatoes and tomatoes, sweet potatoes, winter squashes and fruits) that helped still more. The downside was that after a brief period where my constipation improved it returned, so I've been experimenting and have recently added avocados and been trying to eat more soft foods in general to try to help with that.

I actually just bought some avocados recently, to try to get more fat into my diet, which might actually be one of the reasons I go crazy over the pizza at my work, because I don't have a very good source of raw fat to eat.. best I can really get is raw eggs yolks and raw dairy, unless I want to try eating grain-fed commercial beef fat, which I don't think is much of a good idea.. especially since I like my fat better on the warmer side, nearly cooked..
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2011, 06:23:10 pm »

Well I'm half columbian (the other half white) so I tan very easily, I've only just gotten pale because I stay inside too much.  however, 20 minutes in the sun doesn't do anything for me, it only gives me the slightest bit of tan (only noticeable by very slight tan lines) which fades away by the end of the day.  I even laid around in the sun for an hour not too long ago, and it hardly did anything, I still don't have any tan lines.. and before, I had to wait in line for probably two hours out in the sun at DMV, and I kept my face in the sun the entire time and that still didn't help.  I really just need to spend all day out the sun for it to make much of a difference, but I don't have the time for that.

Ughhh...you've got to be kidding me, I would fry in the cali sun. Probably to the point that I wasnt even considered raw anymore -\
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2011, 08:17:19 pm »
I was amazed when my own acne scars that had existed for decades healed so thoroughly on a low carb Paleo diet and VLC raw Paleo diet that even I can't see what had been the worst of the scars in normal light and in very bright light it shows up as just a tiny...

Same here, my scars went away on VLC.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 08:27:51 pm »
    Raw VLV that is.

Ughhh...you've got to be kidding me, I would fry in the cali sun. Probably to the point that I wasnt even considered raw anymore -\

My skin might be able to sun now, I don't know. I've had such bad skin reactions to the slightest amount of m      ildest sun, and internal reactions along with them, that I gave up a long time ago. Sun, you win, you beat and deep fry me as easily as a nuclear blast.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 02:42:38 am »
    Raw VLV that is.

My skin might be able to sun now, I don't know. I've had such bad skin reactions to the slightest amount of m      ildest sun, and internal reactions along with them, that I gave up a long time ago. Sun, you win, you beat and deep fry me as easily as a nuclear blast.
What kind of reaction? That seems very unuasual.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 04:59:14 am »

Lol, well because of how pale I've become, I still need to be careful, even though I tan easily and the sun doesn't affect me as bad, I can still burn kind of easily right now if I'm not careful.  Luckily I can usually feel it when my skin is starting to burn, and get in the shade or something before I get too sunburnt.  and once I get a good tan, it's nearly impossible for me to get sunburnt.  I never used sunblock when I was younger(well, i still don't) and actually had a good tan, and we used to go to the river every summer, out in laughlin, nevada spending aaaaaaall day out in the desert sun, like 10 hours in sun that's far more intense than the sun here in southern cali, and I wouldn't get burnt, just darker.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 10:31:39 am »
Lol, well because of how pale I've become, I still need to be careful, even though I tan easily and the sun doesn't affect me as bad, I can still burn kind of easily right now if I'm not careful.  Luckily I can usually feel it when my skin is starting to burn, and get in the shade or something before I get too sunburnt.  and once I get a good tan, it's nearly impossible for me to get sunburnt.  I never used sunblock when I was younger(well, i still don't) and actually had a good tan, and we used to go to the river every summer, out in laughlin, nevada spending aaaaaaall day out in the desert sun, like 10 hours in sun that's far more intense than the sun here in southern cali, and I wouldn't get burnt, just darker.
If your making me feel like a ginger vampire you have succeeded >D

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 04:25:21 pm »
If your making me feel like a ginger vampire you have succeeded >D

I'm just lucky I have really good genes.  =D

But, if I went to the river now and spent even half that amount of time in that scorching sun, I'd be burnt as hell with how pale I've become.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk