Author Topic: Synonyms of raw  (Read 4362 times)

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
Synonyms of raw
« on: February 02, 2011, 05:50:36 am »

What synonyms of the word "raw" exist in other languages?

In my language the word "raw" is synonymous with "cruel". Not too god for advertising.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Synonyms of raw
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 03:16:07 am »
What synonyms of the word "raw" exist in other languages?

In my language the word "raw" is synonymous with "cruel". Not too god for advertising.

Maybe we are a little bit "cruel"? ;-)

'Uncooked' or 'natural' may sound more appealing..

In Germany we say 'Rohkost', which is a terrible word. I don't use this word anymore. 'Rohkost' always reminds me of starving, DEPRESSIVE, nut eating vegans...

Löwenherz

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 04:02:47 am »
I use the word "fresh"

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 04:49:49 am »
I use the word "fresh"

I was thinking of that too, but... calling a diet that includes high meat "fresh" is a little funny.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 05:07:10 am »
Wouldn't "unheated" or "uncooked" be fine ?
"Unprocessed" is more general since something can be processed while still being raw. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 09:18:55 am »
I was thinking of that too, but... calling a diet that includes high meat "fresh" is a little funny.

True, you could go with no-heat-meat.
I prefer the word raw because it gets to the point and people know what I am talking about, if that scares them then I don't really care. If I am speaking with someone in a business sense then I don't bring it up unless I am asked. Then I focus on the grassfed part, because people usually don't ask how you prepare it. If they do ask, then tell them. Don't be ashamed of this very important knowledge.
The other day I met a few people hiking, got into conversation about how I hike barefoot. This somehow led to diet and I just came out with it. The next day I met up with them and they all tried it. 1/3 loved it and is now a raw meat eater.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 10:45:25 am »
True, you could go with no-heat-meat.
Made me lol
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 11:14:14 am »
The word raw carries some degree of negativity in most widely-spoken languages. A new word for raw, edible food would be suitable.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 11:40:30 am »
my favorite one in the vegan world is 'sunfired'. fired by the sun.

who wants some sunfired rams' testicles?

I usually do avoid the term raw. If people are curious as to what I eat..if pressed after I say 'mostly meats and vegetables' I'll say I eat like how x or y (paleo) person eats..only I don't cook anything. Or I'll say I eat like a Native American type diet, and that is usually a turn on even if it isn't all that accurate. Sometimes i'll say 'strait-up' instead of raw. thats uplifting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk