Author Topic: Limits on raw fat intake?  (Read 2251 times)

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Limits on raw fat intake?
« on: February 03, 2011, 12:28:39 am »
Hi,

I love the taste of raw beef fat. I love getting really fatty beef and adding extra fat to this.

Although I have not tested this yet, I imagine I could consume a HUGE amount.

For those who eat relatively low carb, what sort of values are you hitting for daily fat consumption (grams if possible)?
Do you just chew on fat until your desire to eat any more diminishes?

Could over-eating raw fat be taxing on digestion?

Do you consider my taste for fat and my desire to eat it as a sign I should go wild with it?

Thanks,

Phil

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Limits on raw fat intake?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 01:56:13 am »
For those who eat relatively low carb, what sort of values are you hitting for daily fat consumption (grams if possible)?
I eat it usually as chunks of suet with my meat. I hit maybe 1/2 pound a day.

Yes, definitely. It takes a fair amount of bile to break down denser fats and if you eat way too much they'll sit very heavy. It's also likely if you eat much more that you can handle that you'll purge it all with diarrhea as well.

Do you consider my taste for fat and my desire to eat it as a sign I should go wild with it?
Personally, yes. Just take it slow and listen to your body. You should get signs to stop when you've had enough.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Limits on raw fat intake?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 07:54:46 am »

trying to achieve some magic number gets me into trouble, so i don't count.  i just eat the amount i feel like eating

yes, and your body will let you know it, so don't worry.

yes. i ate a lot more fat in the beginning, not as much now though ever so often i'll want a lot of it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk