Author Topic: Non seafood Iodine and Manganese?  (Read 10432 times)

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
Non seafood Iodine and Manganese?
« on: February 03, 2011, 06:36:42 pm »
Specific sources anyone? Like if I wanted iodine without eating fish or seaweed and manganese without veg.

Offline cliff

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Non seafood Iodine and Manganese?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 10:28:16 pm »
Dairy products and Eggs are a pretty good source

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 11:48:29 pm »
Why do you not want to eat seaweed? ???
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 12:19:52 am »
On the carnivorous diet aren't we supposed to forgo veg and only eat animals? Since seaweed technically is a vegetable I thought the debate was out on that...so I forgo it.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 12:21:39 am »
On the carnivorous diet aren't we supposed to forgo veg and only eat animals? Since seaweed technically is a vegetable I thought the debate was out on that...so I forgo it.

Why do you want to go on a completely carnivorous diet? It is not good to be completely dogmatic about dietary choices if it does no harm. I fell into that trap of dietary dogmatism once and I'm leery of falling for it again. If you become too concerned about rules you may be reluctant to change your habits when it is not working for you. Do what makes you feel best. Don't follow ideologies.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:26:45 am by CHK91 »
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 08:31:36 pm »
CHK91 has good advice, but I also think it's good to try out the different extremes too, just to see how they affect you.  If it doesn't feel right for you though, you shouldn't continue with it.  Plant foods aren't completely bad, though I prefer fruits over vegetables, since fruits are specifically created by the plant for the sole reason to be eaten.. while most vegetables are harder to digest and contain anti-nutrients.  But if they do good for you, then you should eat them.

as far as sources of iodine, I would suggest egg yolks.  In my opinion, egg whites are useless and unneeded, and I hate the texture of them anyways unless cooked.. so I don't usually eat egg whites.  But if the texture is fine for you, you can eat them, just most of the nutrients are in the yolk.  I'm not sure about manganese, but you could always go to nutritiondata.com and look up any specific nutrient, then sort by meats/dairy and such to filter out all the plant foods.

but why don't you want to include fish meats?  sushi is good, I recently tried some sashimi(which is just pure raw fish meat, no rice or seaweed or anything added) and it was quite tasty.. I like yellowfin tuna the best I think, since it's nearly the same texture as raw beef.. while the albacore(sp?) that I tried had the texture and taste of chicken!  I don't like that taste or texture of any crustaceans though, such as shrimp, crab, or lobster.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 04:21:00 am »
I use Maine Coast's Sea Salt with Sea Veggies. So good!

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 12:33:15 pm »
I use Maine Coast's Sea Salt with Sea Veggies. So good!

Have you ever eaten whole sea veggies and has the sea veggie salt and/or sea veggies whole and dehydrated like the ones organic at whole foods ever hurt, harm, or mess you up physically or mentally or upset you or your stomach. I dont know about the safety status of algae/sea veggies but they have so much iodine I dunno what to do.

@Wolf how many eggs do you eat a day? They have about 25 mcg iodine and you need 150 mcg daily so if I had to eat like 6 egg yolks everyday i'd go crazy :(

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 08:43:38 pm »
I find seaweed to be fine on a ZC WOE. Seaweed are protocists, not vegetables, and a great source of iodine and potassium. I have not eaten the dehydrated seaweed but would not hesitate to do so if I needed the minerals in them, and would still find them ZC.

Eggs can be a good source of iodine. I looooooooove eggs!

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 08:53:25 pm »
I find seaweed to be fine on a ZC WOE. Seaweed are protocists, not vegetables, and a great source of iodine and potassium. I have not eaten the dehydrated seaweed but would not hesitate to do so if I needed the minerals in them, and would still find them ZC.

Eggs can be a good source of iodine. I looooooooove eggs!

omg you get fresh Seaweed? where? :D

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 12:51:42 am »
I didn't say that! Read again, my friend  ;D

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 11:31:51 am »
I didn't say that! Read again, my friend  ;D

damn, im just going to have to go to beach then and go kelp hunting lol

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 10:42:30 pm »
Have you ever eaten whole sea veggies and has the sea veggie salt and/or sea veggies whole and dehydrated like the ones organic at whole foods ever hurt, harm, or mess you up physically or mentally or upset you or your stomach. I dont know about the safety status of algae/sea veggies but they have so much iodine I dunno what to do.

@Wolf how many eggs do you eat a day? They have about 25 mcg iodine and you need 150 mcg daily so if I had to eat like 6 egg yolks everyday i'd go crazy :(

I haven't been eating much eggs lately actually.  I would love to eat 6 eggs a day though, but that would get pretty expensive for me, I would think.. 3 1/2 dozen eggs each week, of the organic free range cage-free eggs?  which aren't even as healthy seeing how all the yolks are always still yellowish rather than the bright orange they're supposed to be.  I only just started eating eggs again yesterday, I drank 2 egg yolks, though I had warmed them to probably about 110 degrees F to make them easier for me to eat.. since for some reason lately I haven't been wanting to eat any eggs.  Well, not any raw eggs, at least.
I wish I could raise my own chickens, though.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 11:13:05 pm »
Eggs don't have much.

App there's iodine in like meats and plants that had a source of nourished soil(i'd imagine it'd be better in wild plants/animals/seafood)

For the main iodine now i'd say Seafood, Sea Veg, and Blood. Manganese mmm i'd say other foods and meats still iffy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk