Author Topic: Looking for grass-fed meat in southern France, please help!  (Read 17240 times)

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Looking for grass-fed meat in southern France, please help!
« on: February 06, 2011, 12:35:01 am »
Hi,

I'm looking for good suppliers of 100% grass fed meat in southern France, in the departments Aude and Pyrénées-Orientales. All farmers I contacted so far use concentrates to finish their cattle...

Is anybody from France here who could give me some recommendations?

Löwenherz

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Looking for grass-fed meat in southern France, please help!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 02:42:41 am »
Try asking on the paleocru website as well.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 04:44:24 am »
You can ask to Iguana.

Paleocru is suspended for now.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 05:07:53 am »
Paleocru is still unavailable following a server crash.

100% grass fed beef is unavailable as well in France... except sometimes from Orkos.

Thanks to the journalist Anne-Marie Casteret of “L’express” who killed the instincto movement and subsequently died of cancer. The other French journalists just followed and replicated her lies without checking. That’s the way it goes with journalists. Most of them are morons unable to understand what they write about and just good to repeat what the other have said like sheep following each other.

>D We were a dozen specialized French journalist listening to an very interesting presentation of an engineer in Germany. Then we heard one snoring… he had fallen asleep! What a shame! I wonder what the others understood of the presentation since we were two only to ask questions. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 05:47:26 am by TylerDurden »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 11:56:00 am »
Paleocru is still unavailable following a server crash.

100% grass fed beef is unavailable as well in France... except sometimes from Orkos.

Thanks to the journalist Anne-Marie Casteret of “L’express” who killed the instincto movement and subsequently died of cancer. The other French journalists just followed and replicated her lies without checking. That’s the way it goes with journalists. Most of them are morons unable to understand what they write about and just good to repeat what the other have said like sheep following each other.

>D We were a dozen specialized French journalist listening to an very interesting presentation of an engineer in Germany. Then we heard one snoring… he had fallen asleep! What a shame! I wonder what the others understood of the presentation since we were two only to ask questions. 

Who was she and why the hell would she make up sh!t about the instincto movement?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 04:15:50 pm »
 The whole story is explained in details by GCB here.
It's in French but you can try a Google translation to have at least an idea of what happen.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 05:56:30 pm »
Look in the supermarkeds for Irish red meat. If I am uncertain I go for the Irish stuff since the large majority of their producers grassfeed (grasing+silage) their animals. You can also see it on the creaemy yellow color the fat has compared to the shiny white stuff in the supermarked cooler. Usually you can have them to yourself too because people think since it has yellow fat it must be of a poor quality so its really cheap too. Whats not to like? If Denmark imports it, Ill bet you that so does France.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 06:33:08 pm »
The whole story is explained in details by GCB here.
It's in French but you can try a Google translation to have at least an idea of what happen.
Haters will hate, but would love to read up on more info about instincto eating helping with aids if you have any it would be appretiated.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 07:03:03 pm »
Bruno Comby had published in 1989 a statistical study of 27 cases titled "Influence du factreur alimentaire sur l'évolution de l'état de santé de sujets séropositifs au virus HIV." I had its 23 pages scanned and can send it on request.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 07:10:03 pm »
Sounds good the only problem is that if it is scanned as file pictures rather than documents I won't be able to translate the french. Any chance it has a summary?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 07:21:57 pm »
Please remind me later to write a short summary in English, I don't have the time at the moment.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:01:31 am by TylerDurden »

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 08:29:07 pm »
Please remind me latter to write a short summary in English, I don't have the time at the moment.
Will do, thank you very much.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 04:55:00 am »
Look in the supermarkeds for Irish red meat. If I am uncertain I go for the Irish stuff since the large majority of their producers grassfeed (grasing+silage) their animals. You can also see it on the creaemy yellow color the fat has compared to the shiny white stuff in the supermarked cooler. Usually you can have them to yourself too because people think since it has yellow fat it must be of a poor quality so its really cheap too. Whats not to like? If Denmark imports it, Ill bet you that so does France.

Thanks for your advice!
Unfortunately irish beef from the big exporters is not really grass-fed anymore. Portugal imports tons of beef from Ireland. I have testet it several times (while living in Portugal), the quality was always very poor. I think Ireland produces still the best beef in Europe, but you can only get it from small producers directly. AIBP and other meat export giants in Ireland told me that today even imported soy is used for feeding the cattle in Ireland...

Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: REALLY no grass-fed meat in southern France?
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 05:46:05 am »

Hi Iguana,

I'm afraid that you are right...

I'm currently travelling through Aude and Pyrénées-Orientales, talked to several farmers, even organic etc. and so far: Nothing.

I give up.

Greetings from Prades!

Löwenherz

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 05:51:43 am »
hey lowenherz you can always go hunting!

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: REALLY no grass-fed meat in southern France?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 05:54:59 am »
Yes, but he'd have to become a professional hunter to have access to fresh meat daily.

Your best bet is to seek out a community of hunters and buy wild animals from them
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 06:00:39 am »
hey lowenherz you can always go hunting!

Of course, you are right! Wild meat is really now problem here, near the Pyrénées...

Löwenherz

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 06:04:05 am »
Yes, hunting... otherwise you can sometimes find NZ lamb in supermarkets and horse meat from Argentina. I've eaten a lot of the first but didn't try the second kind yet. Louna and another instincto friend have eaten this horse meat and it seems alright - I hope it's not "grain finished". A friend of mine has started to stockbreed sheep, he currently got 270 of them but most were born somewhere else. If you come around I might be able to find some meat for you, but not sure.  

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: NZ LAMB = DISASTER?
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 06:10:48 am »
Yes, hunting... otherwise you can sometimes find NZ lamb in supermarkets and horse meat from Argentina. I've eaten a lot of the first but didn't try the second kind yet. Louna and another instincto friend have eaten this horse meat and it seems alright - I hope it's not "grain finished". A friend of mine has started to stockbreed sheep, he currently got 270 of them but most were born somewhere else. If you come around I might be able to find some meat for you, but not sure.  

Thank you very much! I would like to visit you next time (I will fly back to Germany at the end of this week)

NZ LAMB is disastrous, IMO. I have tried it very often during the last years as it is available in EVERY supermarket in Germany and it's cheap. But something is very wrong with it. Ask me why... I really don't know the reason. Anyway I always feel very bad mentally after eating NZ lamb. It's very similar with bad grain fed supermarket meat. Nearly all meat from NZ is irradiated. They use chemicals on their grasslands, etc...

Löwenherz

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 06:37:46 am »
The NZFSA (New Zealand Food Safety Authority) has guaranteed me in a e-mail that the meat exported from NZ is not irradiated. It would be very odd that they do that in a country strongly opposed to the nuclear industry. I never had any problem with it, except once.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 07:04:42 am »
I came across a perhaps unsubstantiated rumour a while back, that raw ZC lamb was fed on grains in the 3 months prior to slaughter, re "feedlot". Grassfed-meat sites suggest that allowing the animals to feed on grains for the last 3 months prior to slaughter is very bad.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 11:40:43 am »
Thank you very much! I would like to visit you next time (I will fly back to Germany at the end of this week)

NZ LAMB is disastrous, IMO. I have tried it very often during the last years as it is available in EVERY supermarket in Germany and it's cheap. But something is very wrong with it. Ask me why... I really don't know the reason. Anyway I always feel very bad mentally after eating NZ lamb. It's very similar with bad grain fed supermarket meat. Nearly all meat from NZ is irradiated. They use chemicals on their grasslands, etc...

Löwenherz

I've had raw new zealand lamb here in Manila and I find them delicious and wish I could buy more if I could afford it.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 12:06:10 pm »
new zealand lamb is grain finished, but the good thing is grain is not GMO, anything GMO is banned there unlike in australia.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 04:00:28 pm »
new zealand lamb is grain finished, but the good thing is grain is not GMO, anything GMO is banned there unlike in australia.

According to what I read it's NOT grain finished. ( I think I already posted this at least once and I wonder whether it's useful to do it over and over again because you guys always come back with the same unsubstantiated rumors as if you don't take account of the answers you get.)
En Nouvelle-Zélande, la nature est chez elle : les immenses pâturages verdoyants offrent des conditions d’élevage exceptionnelles et le pays est souvent considéré comme la plus grande ferme du monde…

La douceur du climat permet à la majorité des bêtes de rester dans les pâturages tout au long de l’année. C’est ainsi que contrairement à l’Europe où les femelles sont rentrées pour surveiller le bon déroulement de l’agnelage, les agneaux néo-zélandais naissent en extérieur ; les brebis ont été élevées pour un agnelage facile. Les bergers surveillent de plus près les brebis quand l’agnelage est proche afin d’intervenir le plus rapidement possible en cas de problème. Les agneaux restent auprès de leur mère jusqu’à l’âge de trois mois. Ils sont alors emmenés dans des pâturages plus riches, où ils sont engraissés pour être ensuite destiné à l’abattage.

En liberté dans de grandes exploitations, l’agneau néo-zélandais se nourrit d’herbe tendre et de trèfle blanc, dont la richesse en azote constitue l’un des secrets de la réussite de l’élevage local. Pendant l’hiver, les agneaux reçoivent un complément de foin et d’ensilage d’herbe. Les éleveurs néo-zélandais suivent un mode de production respectueux de leur environnement et du bien-être de leurs animaux. Plantes et animaux sont nourris et traités le plus naturellement possible tout en garantissant leurs besoins quotidiens et en optimisant la productivité.

Ainsi, les éleveurs n’utilisent aucun antibiotique préventif à des fins non médicales, les hormones de croissance sont proscrites et l’utilisation de produits comme les fertilisants est réduite au minimum tout en tenant compte des besoins du sol.

Ces conditions d’élevage plus que favorables ont des implications économiques certaines et rendent par conséquent la production de viande relativement bon marché et efficace.

Google translated:
In New Zealand, nature is at home: the vast green pastures provide exceptional growing conditions and the country is often regarded as the largest firm in the world ...

The mild climate allows most animals to remain in pastures throughout the year.  Thus, unlike Europe where the females are returned inside to oversee the smooth running of lambing, in New Zealand lambs are born  outside, the sheep were bred for easy lambing. The shepherds are watching more closely when lambing ewes is close to intervene as quickly as possible in case of trouble.Lambs remain with their mothers until the age of three months. They are then taken to the greener pastures, where they are fattened and then be intended for slaughter.

Released in large farms, New Zealand lamb eats green grass and white clover, the nitrogen content is one of the secrets of the success of local livestock.  During the winter, lambs receiving an additional hay and grass silage. New Zealand breeders follow a mode of production-friendly environment and well-being of their animals.  Plants and animals are fed and treated as naturally as possible while ensuring their daily needs and maximizing productivity.

Thus, farmers do not use preventive antibiotics for non-medical, growth hormones are prohibited and the use of products such as fertilizers is minimized taking into account the needs of the soil.

These rearing conditions were more favorable than some economic implications and thus making the production of meat relatively cheap and efficient.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2011, 07:36:14 pm »
Iguana, judging from this link you seem to be mostly right except for one big exception:-

http://www.anzcofoods.com/our-products/beef/grain-fed-beef
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk