Author Topic: Concussion Nutrition  (Read 4826 times)

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Concussion Nutrition
« on: February 06, 2011, 05:12:49 pm »
I apologize in advance for speling mistakes or word pooring, I just had a concussion.

Snowboarding, not sure exactly how it happened, supposedly my memory for the rest of the week should begin returning, it has a little.  Disclaimer! I have sought medical treatment, I was released from the hospital, my gf is taking care of me at home now.  I don't consider any replies or comments as a substitute for professional medical advice.

That said, I know we have some smart peeps; what do you guys think is the best raw foods treatment?  I've been eating lots of raw honey, strawberries, blueberries, and egg yolks. 

I got some oysters too, but I can't open them since my wrist is also a little messed up.  I was thinking about picking up liver since its so nutrient dense, I also figure I need plenty of raw fat, which i need to go get.

Thoughts?
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Concussion Nutrition
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 06:25:00 pm »
To be honest just sticking to a raw paleo diet should help you recover but I would think the raw fats would help since you injured your brain and grass fed fats have a great pufa ratio. Your body will heal itself naturally. Have you been eating raw paleo since you left? What has it been like 5 months?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 10:37:21 pm »
just sticking to a raw paleo diet should help you recover

One of the reasons I have to eat raw animals, and have always had to have an excellent diet, is because I could tend to have long excruciating headaches.  I deeply suspect I had a number of concussions as a child.  No medical attention of any kind was ever sought for them, traditional, alternative or otherwise; because my dear sibling was the only possible suspect.  I did ask for aspirins, which I never got; because my parents were always 100% antidrug.  My head can be sensitive to foods.  AV says the problem is in the lining to my brain.  Osteopaths say the plates of my brain were traumatically knocked askew decades ago.  Anyway, maybe what foods are good for my head will help yours.  When I eat red meat my pressure goes up, not too high, but higher nonetheless.  My first hint of it being high is my head feels bad.  Therefore I prefer to eat white meat.  It seems to me many raw paleo people never eat white meat, as red only existed back then?  Another food that helps me is high meat. Do you have any high meat around?  Ok, another food I'm thinking of is raw mushrooms.  AV says they help digest protein.  Maybe you might want to eat that.  Last, foods I enjoy because they help my head: eating marrow and brain.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 01:10:37 am »
Thanks for the replies.  I've still been on the wagon for the most part, probably 70-90% RP, my cheats usually involve some sort of cooked carbs, but I still have the occasional hamburger, usually at lunch. I get plenty of raw fatty chuck steak, eggs, and fruits, altho the steak isn't ever organic grassfed, just all natural (no antiboitics/hormones) 

I don't have any high meat, but that's a good idea about the bone marrow and brain, I'll go find some today.
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 03:20:44 am »
   One of the reasons I have to eat raw animals, and have always had to have an excellent diet, is because I could tend to have long excruciating headaches.  I deeply suspect I had a number of concussions as a child.  No medical attention of any kind was ever sought for them, traditional, alternative or otherwise; because my dear sibling was the only possible suspect.  I did ask for aspirins, which I never got; because my parents were always 100% antidrug.  My head can be sensitive to foods.  AV says the problem is in the lining to my brain.  Osteopaths say the plates of my brain were traumatically knocked askew decades ago.  Anyway, maybe what foods are good for my head will help yours.  When I eat red meat my pressure goes up, not too high, but higher nonetheless.  My first hint of it being high is my head feels bad.  Therefore I prefer to eat white meat.  It seems to me many raw paleo people never eat white meat, as red only existed back then?  Another food that helps me is high meat. Do you have any high meat around?  Ok, another food I'm thinking of is raw mushrooms.  AV says they help digest protein.  Maybe you might want to eat that.  Last, foods I enjoy because they help my head: eating marrow and brain.
There were definately white meats, however some white meats such as pork is actually pretty red when fed a wild diet.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk