Author Topic: How do you make homemade high meat?  (Read 2593 times)

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
How do you make homemade high meat?
« on: February 07, 2011, 03:17:37 am »
I'd really like to make high meat as a way of preserving my unfrozen meats without freezing them! Can it also be done to tallow and fats?

Any tips / instructions?

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How do you make homemade high meat?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 10:17:57 am »
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/display-your-culinary-creations/high-meat-recipe-preparation-for-more-advanced-rafers/

If all you want to do is preserve your meats you could just leave them somewhere dry and then after a day or so when the top dries flip them and dry the bottom - or you could even hang them somewhere. Mine dry overnight on my counter in my apartment. You can store fats in the freezer, they aren't effected much by the cold.

If you choose to make high meat you'll have to be taking them out and airing them out twice a week.

I don't know how making high meat would preserve the meat anymore then just leaving it in the fridge though...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: How do you make homemade high meat?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 06:18:20 pm »
for god´s sake don´t ever use tallow or rendered/cooked fats for making "high-meats". Bacteria in a healthy raw environment are fine, but not in an unhealthy environment: Aged, cooked foods are a real danger.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk