Author Topic: worried about upcoming Codex?  (Read 5185 times)

Offline TheWayCreatesTheWarrior

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • WhereHaveTheBuffaloGone
worried about upcoming Codex?
« on: September 05, 2008, 09:29:10 pm »

just wondering what everyone is planning on doing in the near future when Codex Alimentarius is passed(Dec31,09)?
seeing it will be mandatory for all livestock to be given rGH and Antibiotic injections.
at least this is the time it will be est. in the US, its already underway in the UK, and the rest of the ONE WORLD soon enough.
i guess owning your own livestock, or hunting is the only hope, but then youll be a terrorist.
There can be no mercy in the heart, of the heart, of the Wolf.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: worried about upcoming Codex?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 09:56:50 pm »
this flat-out sucks.
what can we do to help?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 11:15:59 pm »
just wondering what everyone is planning on doing in the near future when Codex Alimentarius is passed(Dec31,09)?
seeing it will be mandatory for all livestock to be given rGH and Antibiotic injections.
at least this is the time it will be est. in the US, its already underway in the UK, and the rest of the ONE WORLD soon enough.
i guess owning your own livestock, or hunting is the only hope, but then youll be a terrorist.

I was surprised to hear about this. I'd thought that UK cattle(organic/grassfed, anyway) were never fed antibiotics or growth-hormones. And this stuff you mention re the Codex Alimentarius seems to be wrong, given the statement below:-

"The Codex meeting also agreed to new guidelines for organic livestock production. According to these guidelines, organic livestock farming should aim to use natural breeding methods, minimize stress in animals, prevent disease, and progressively eliminate the use of certain chemical veterinary drugs, including antibiotics. Animals should mainly be fed with high quality organic feed, not meat and bone meal, although fish and milk products are acceptable. The use of growth hormones is not permitted."

taken from:-
http://www.who.int/inf-pr-2001/en/pr2001-33.html

OK, it's from 2001, but I don't see how they could have changed it all. Plus, organic farmers/consumers would be UP IN ARMS if growth-hormones really were going to be allowed to be used on UK organic-raised cattle.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 12:11:20 am »
I'm always worried about future fascist rules taking away more of my freedoms.

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 08:00:26 pm »
this flat-out sucks.
what can we do to help?

not exactly sure, except for the ol' righting a letter to your congressman route. theres also petitions online i believe.

i think they tried to pass Codex originallly back in 1994(dont quote me) but Whole Foods basically protested the shit out of it to a bunch of political members and it was denied. but now that its established in the UK, it will be much easier to get it going here. i wonder if Whole Foods is planning on something this time around.

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 08:10:41 pm »
I was surprised to hear about this. I'd thought that UK cattle(organic/grassfed, anyway) were never fed antibiotics or growth-hormones. And this stuff you mention re the Codex Alimentarius seems to be wrong, given the statement below:-

"The Codex meeting also agreed to new guidelines for organic livestock production. According to these guidelines, organic livestock farming should aim to use natural breeding methods, minimize stress in animals, prevent disease, and progressively eliminate the use of certain chemical veterinary drugs, including antibiotics. Animals should mainly be fed with high quality organic feed, not meat and bone meal, although fish and milk products are acceptable. The use of growth hormones is not permitted."

taken from:-
http://www.who.int/inf-pr-2001/en/pr2001-33.html

OK, it's from 2001, but I don't see how they could have changed it all. Plus, organic farmers/consumers would be UP IN ARMS if growth-hormones really were going to be allowed to be used on UK organic-raised cattle.

i really have a hard time believing anything like that, its usually riddled with loopholes and whatnot. i believe things like this are baby step operations, like they wont just go and ban all organic stuff and demand farms use antibiotics, but itll be much slower, usually initiated by conditioning the publics opinion that certain things are bad(vitamins, supplements) and other things are good(GMO etc), all media is bought off pretty easy, so any well established magazine/paper could write articles full of lies and pass it off as reality(see popular mechanics issue on debunking alternative 9/11 theorys, or anything that says that Flouride is good for your teeth), and people will believe anything if its written in a newspaper or on the news, and we all know about the news.

i think the worst part of Codex is that it will be illegal for farmers to keep there own seeds(!!!)
it will be mandatory to purchase your seeds off of Monsanto(i think it may have been bought/merged with GE??), which are genetically modified with so-called "terminator-genes" that dont allow the plant to produce more seeds.
and guess what theyll be feeding livestock? thats right, pure, adulterated, GMO, Terminator-gene Grains, yippee! thatll be healthy.

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 08:17:31 pm »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 09:22:46 pm »
Well, I remain a bit sceptical re conspiracy-theories. I know that some of them have been proven true, in the past but the authentic ones are something like 1%, at most, of the total. And if there were real attempts to impose terminator-seeds or antibiotics on organic-raised cattle in the UK, there would have been an uproar in the UK from some extremely vehement, organised organic groups such as the Soil Association - as it is, whenever there's even the slightest criticism of the organic movement, they're always up in arms, getting articles published in the media etc.

My own view, I'm afraid, is that because the EU(+USA?), and the Codex Alimentarius, are now heavily cutting down on the amounts held in each pill of vitamin-/mineral-supplements, those vitamin-/mineral-supplements-sellers are now up in arms, and are using scaremongering tactics re other unrelated topics, to whip up sentiment against the FDA's regulations re supplements. When I used to take vast amounts of supplements in my raw vegan/fruitarian days etc., pre-rawpalaeo diet, I would constantly come across such unconvincing conspiracy-theories, so  remain a sceptic.

That said, I do agree that it's very important to be vigilant re the desire of bureaucracy to limit peoples' freedoms, so I rather admire the US tendency to initiate populist, grassroots actions  like the pro-raw dairy campaigns etc..
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk