Author Topic: Raw Meat Eating Family On Farm  (Read 22352 times)

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
Raw Meat Eating Family On Farm
« on: February 08, 2011, 05:38:51 pm »
Wow,here's a video example of the real deal.High meat and all:

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2007/3/27/the-raw-meat-diet-258485
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Meat Eating Family On Farm
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 05:46:54 pm »
Only if I could find a woman like that... minus the crazy.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 12:19:27 am »
Only if I could find a woman like that... minus the crazy.

True that...
"The worst part about it is that people think you are crazy" lolz

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 12:46:53 am »
"If you don't eat every 5 hours, your body will go into an anorexic state.."

Ummm..  l)

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 01:48:53 am »
"If you don't eat every 5 hours, your body will go into an anorexic state.."

Ummm..  l)

This family seems to follow Vonderplanitz's philosophy in full. Not that it is a good or bad thing.
I really did not feel they did much justice to raw meat eating..

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/primal-diet/raw-meat-family-video/

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 01:59:15 am »
Well it goes to show that just because you eat a raw meat diet, you can still look like shit. haha.
That's not paleo.

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 06:17:12 pm »
Too much of a good thing, IMO.  (That "getting up in the night to eat" thing is a little crazy.  Does she think cave people would have done that?  Setting their 'Flintstone-style' alarms?  ;D )

Against their own wishes, Mother Nature probably put cave people through long periods with no food, or when food was thin on the ground.  Intermittent fasting simulates this.

(An even easier method is to eat when you're hungry (and awake!) and not eat when you don't.)

Still - good luck to them.  They are on the path.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 12:41:47 am »
At least they're happy! All that kefir preparation is time consuming tho, I used to make kefir, 15 mins for me daily, but for a whole family with milking and all and eggs and etc yeah...and a farm.

Raw paleo tho isn't time consuming - Get a piece of meat, eat it. Get some suet or animal fat, chop it into bits in about a min, mix it in or eat it. Get some veg chop it up or eat it whole. Eat fruits if you like, tho i'm non fruit. Not time consuming at all.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 04:23:25 am »
They will live healthy but they wont enjoy life
The males of the family are very weak and degenerated and the females are unattractive at all...

They are freaks....

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 08:59:57 am »
They will live healthy but they wont enjoy life
The males of the family are very weak and degenerated and the females are unattractive at all...

They are freaks....

>: That's not nice. We RAFERS already get enough discrimination , discriminating against our own kind is cruel. They are pretty normal to me. They look fun.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 08:58:18 pm »
Eating raw meat and food for best health is one thing..
But locking yourself on a farm and force eat every 5 hours is another..

They dont even clean the place where they live. THEY LIVE THERE FFS.

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 09:50:32 am »
hmm that's interesting. I don't like how they don't give a shit about their kids education. And the kids getting called freaks is obviously bothering them; that's very bad for their mental state as well as their future health.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 09:44:25 pm »
I don't like how they don't give a shit about their kids education. And the kids getting called freaks is obviously bothering them; that's very bad for their mental state as well as their future health.

potentially so, but not necessarily so. It can also lead to a very self suficient personality structure which is a good thing. Someone who does not need the approval of others to feel well about themselves. I dont agree with the 5 hour thing, and I couldnt live like they do. I need my dwelling place to be clean and orderly or I get mentally stressed. I did notice however that they come of as a tightly knitted bunch and there is no doubt in my minds that those parents believe that they are doing the best they can do for their children. I always find inspiration in people who believe in something strongly AND walk the walk for as long as its not an idealogy of violence. Look at the parents eyes. I dont see crazy, I see wamth and care. So they are not photomodels...whatever.

About education. IF you want to be part of society as it is, then education is an absolute must unless you have special talents that you can profit from. If you want to be self sufficient, education is static noise (at best). Education doesnt make you smart, it merely makes you educated. There is a lot of difference and I will offer an example. My brother in law is an chief engineer. He had a real problem getting through to one of the other engineers he worked with. He told him "good we are at -2 which is a definate improvement over the -10 of the last couple of months". answer; "how is that an improvement?". engineer folks...and by no means a stupid person.

If those parents wants their kids to be able to survive outside of it all. I think they are getting a very good education.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 01:35:04 am »
Someone who does not need the approval of others to feel well about themselves.

Does this really apply to anyone??  We are human, of course we want others to like us, friend us, etc. Some of us more needy than others for attentions, but these kids have nothing but each other and parents.   They won't fit into society unless, like you said, they have some kind of talent to capitalize on.  Obviously the children (or the girl, at least) is bothered by the perception others have of her. I would be too!  I am going to be/eat as healthy as I know, but I'm not announcing to the world my dietary habits anytime soon.   

While a formal education may not be best for all, NO education is not good either.  They are learning ONE trade.  That's it.  I hope they know the history of their country, of the world, learn to apply mathematics.. I hope they have the opportunity to learn (at least) a second language, to understand science, play an instrument or sport, learn to draw, and speak respectably in their own native language.  I hope their curiosities in these areas are not dismissed.  I hope they have friends!

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 03:24:33 am »
Does this really apply to anyone??

fair enough. I personally find it to be an attractive trait in people.

I didnt say that I share their beliefs. I can see where they are comming from with it as much as I understand what problems it must cause. I saw some of the other clips with the family. A bit on the sensitive side id say, the father broke done crying over 'poisoning' his kids with burgers and fries?! I share your views on basic education entirely. It is just so easy to gather in a circle and point fingers and laugh at anything we dont understand.

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 04:25:26 am »
In one of his interviews, Daniel Vitalis spoke of how he envisions raising children as vegans may some day soon be viewed as child abuse, for the simple reason that their bodies are being deprived of key nutrition during the very time they need it most.  Vegan kids will not grow up as healthy as omnivorous kids can potentially be, and their lives will be affected by this forever.

I see the same potential here.  These kids will grow up emotionally and socially stunted.  It is important to have self-esteem that is not dependent on judgements by "experts", but to take away the opportunity to interact with others during formative life stages deprives you of the ability to accept critical comments and to communicate respectfully with people you disagree with.  These kids won't grow up to be dependent on the opinions of teachers and other elders in their community, but will instead grow up to be utterly dependent on the opinions and dictates of their parents.  This is what often happens to kids who grow up in fundamentalist religious families.  They can't function in normal society.  They end up walking around in 40, 50, 60 year old bodies but have the emotional maturity of dependent 10-year olds.  That's why religious people are so easy to manipulate.

While I applaud the parents for giving their children an opportunity to try a raw diet, I think forcing it on them is extreme and should be viewed as child abuse. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 06:37:16 am »
I disagree. My own mother insisted on feeding me on a relatively healthy, semi-weston-price-type diet when I was a child, which meant that my physical deterioration took longer to happen than otherwise. By contrast, other parents I know fed their children on a SAD diet, and most of them seem to have weird allergies plus asthma and the like.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 06:57:24 am »
In one of his interviews, Daniel Vitalis spoke of how he envisions raising children as vegans may some day soon be viewed as child abuse, for the simple reason that their bodies are being deprived of key nutrition during the very time they need it most.  Vegan kids will not grow up as healthy as omnivorous kids can potentially be, and their lives will be affected by this forever.

I see the same potential here.  These kids will grow up emotionally and socially stunted.  It is important to have self-esteem that is not dependent on judgements by "experts", but to take away the opportunity to interact with others during formative life stages deprives you of the ability to accept critical comments and to communicate respectfully with people you disagree with.  These kids won't grow up to be dependent on the opinions of teachers and other elders in their community, but will instead grow up to be utterly dependent on the opinions and dictates of their parents.  This is what often happens to kids who grow up in fundamentalist religious families.  They can't function in normal society.  They end up walking around in 40, 50, 60 year old bodies but have the emotional maturity of dependent 10-year olds.  That's why religious people are so easy to manipulate.

While I applaud the parents for giving their children an opportunity to try a raw diet, I think forcing it on them is extreme and should be viewed as child abuse.  

this is really well said.

Personally..why I can't say I am against it completely..I think home schooling in general is a poor idea. Everyone I have met that was home schooled (and these were the people that actually made it to college or whatever) were totally sheltered and socially unprepared for reality. Besides which if the parents themselves are paranoid, thats not exactly a good reason for them to all of a sudden become qualified educators. If people are rich and can afford all kinds of private tutoring in various fields and the children are already genuinely motivated..then sure. The 'school of life' definitely happens getting beat up in the locker room..not milking cows. hehe kidding somewhat.

As for diet I think children should have the right to choose, and yet i've seen even fruitaarians claim their kids have choice but choose what they do...well likely if you are instilling some kind of values on toxins or evils of animal foods then the kids are going to be fairly effected by that in their choices. I would make sure if I was raising my kids to be RAF...which i probably wouldn't... that I would have some non RAF Weston Price or possibly other foods avlaible at all times. There would be some totally restricted things of course as with many households used to do. Anyway, i'm pro PD stuff, but I place alot of blame here on general PD obsessiveness. Alot of the PD protocols are obsessive enough for adults..and if children are already comparitivly healthy..why would they need to be so rigorous or on some specific clock? As long as they are avoiding unhealthy food, and eating healthy food that 99.99% of America doesn't have access to at growth stages...then they should have a good foundation for academics..sports etc...

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 08:45:31 pm »
As for diet I think children should have the right to choose

+1. Ban policies never work. Not as intended anyway. It will not serve the children to be surrounded be 'forbidden fruit' every time they leave the house. It would perhaps even get 'rebel' appeal and eventually become objects of obsession. Rather, teach them about moderation. Then nations with least alcohol problems in youth as far as I can tell are those in which  they are introduced to it from an early age as a normal part of every day life. I was quite stunned to realise that a nation I percived as heavy drinkers, the Italians, were in fact not. Public intoxication seemed to be frowned upon openly. Intoxicated youth were told by strangers to fuck off home and sleep it off. Yet they drink wine almost every day. I imagine that France is not completely unlike this.

America's restrictive policies have their kids roll around in the kind of drugs that then become easily available when booze is not. Denmark...well. we're just fucked up. We are introduced to it at an early age but its in an unhealthy way and heavy drinking is not frowned upon at all. Our youth would be the exception that proves the rule, as a matter of fact we are the heaviest drinkers in the world, only topped by Russia. By...Russia!!!

Micro or macro cosmos, it seems to work the same way. Or as a Dutch legislator put it in an interview I saw it; "we managed to stop a lot of our kids from smoking weed.....by making their parents do it". 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:06:22 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 09:37:14 pm »
I was quite stunned to realise that a nation I percived as heavy drinkers, the Italians, were in fact not. Public intoxication seemed to be frowned upon openly. Intoxicated youth were told by strangers to fuck off home and sleep it off. Yet they drink wine almost every day. I imagine that France is not completely unlike this.

Germany is like this as well.

Also, here's an older thread about some of these issues:
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/general-discussion/social-issues-re-raw-animal-food-diets/msg5913/

I don't think we have enough information to decide whether this diet was forced on the kids, or whether they were given a choice. Also, I remember reading somewhere that their son had mild autism symptoms, and they switched to the PD to try to help him.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:48:44 pm by michaelwh »

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 09:45:07 am »
In one of his interviews, Daniel Vitalis spoke of how he envisions raising children as vegans may some day soon be viewed as child abuse, for the simple reason that their bodies are being deprived of key nutrition during the very time they need it most.  Vegan kids will not grow up as healthy as omnivorous kids can potentially be, and their lives will be affected by this forever.

My nephew is being raised as a vegetarian, and I think it has negatively affected his development.  He is just over 2 years of age, but he seems to be lagging a little in his development.  He doesn't talk much and seems to react a little slowly.  Maybe I am biased or imagining it but I don't feel like it is my place to question how my brother and his wife are raising their child.  On the other hand, I believe that my nephew is becoming an independent human being (slowly), as we all do over time.  As a person he ought to be allowed to thrive, as he would on an omnivorous diet.

It is a touchy subject, the last time I argued with my brother about vegetarianism I thought he was going to jump across the table and try to strangle me.

Ryan

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 09:51:49 am »
My nephew is being raised as a vegetarian, and I think it has negatively affected his development.

There is no doubt in my mind that it has. However it is not my place nor yours to make that decision.
Sorry you have to witness such a tragedy occur.
How long has he been a vegetarian?

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 10:36:07 am »
There is no doubt in my mind that it has. However it is not my place nor yours to make that decision.
Sorry you have to witness such a tragedy occur.
How long has he been a vegetarian?

My brother has been a vegetarian for over 15 years and his wife has been vegetarian since they started dating, before they got married.  My nephew is 2 years, 3 months old and has been a vegetarian his entire life.  They eat dairy products and eggs (at least). 

I was vegan for over 7 years (I had to "outdo" my older brother, how stupid!).  Now I think I am seen as a traitor to the cause or something.  But I have always been motivated by the same things, such as health and well-being.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 11:53:55 am »
Have you just recently started to eat raw animal foods?
As your health improves it should be easier to lay to waste most, if not all, of the unreasonable vegetarian arguments. At least he is feeding the boy some animal foods, but I doubt they are raw.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 06:29:59 pm »
Have you just recently started to eat raw animal foods?
As your health improves it should be easier to lay to waste most, if not all, of the unreasonable vegetarian arguments. At least he is feeding the boy some animal foods, but I doubt they are raw.

I have not eaten raw animal foods except for the past week.  I ate cooked paleo for a month.  No, the child gets few raw foods and he prefers heavy carbs.  For instance, in the last few months he won't drink milk any more and prefers fruit juice.  He also won't eat vegetables but instead wants to eat nothing but bread or pasta.  Can anyone say "diabetes???"

My brother is in denial, he has had cancer and gained weight, while our younger brother had IBS, leaky gut and even more weight gain (another until-recently vegetarian).  I am the only one who has been eating meat for the past decade and interestingly I have had near perfect health.  I don't ask anyone to eat the way that I do but I do try to counter various myths about nutrition, such as the "fat makes you fat" myth and the idea that the ideal diet is a low fat, high carb diet or a vegetarian diet.  If people discover the truth about food then they can make wiser choices about eating on that basis, or at least that is how the theory goes.

Ryan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk