Author Topic: Bruno Comby's report on HIV  (Read 6209 times)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Bruno Comby's report on HIV
« on: February 13, 2011, 05:35:31 pm »
As Kurite asked me, here is a rough translation of the conclusion of Bruno Comby’s report “Influence du facteur alimentaire sur l'évolution de l'état de santé de sujets séropositifs au virus HIV, stade I, II, III “. Searching on the web, it seems this report exists in English and German as well , but I couldn’t find it on line.   
http://www.oocities.com/hotsprings/7627/rapportsida-22-23.html

Influence of dietary factors on the evolution of the health status of HIV seropositive subjects, stage I, II, III

By Bruno Comby

Date last updated: March 20, 1989

C0NCLUSION

The total number of 27 cases is too small to draw definitive conclusions in all respects. It would be highly desirable to repeat this study in better conditions (on a larger number of patients, all medically followed in hospitals).

However , on the whole the following seems to emerge:

Overall (stages I, II and III): The index of change in clinical status is positive as well as the index of change in results of laboratory tests and this is statistically significant. It is however difficult to determine the relative share in the result of the psychological factor, which can occur, and of the dietary factor. It seems however that the dietary factor is dominant since, in several cases, some people badly practiced instinctotherapy while believing practicing it well (consumption of foods denatured unknowingly to the subjects, who consequently had troubles).

Stage I (7 cases): The index of change in clinical status is positive as is the index of evolution of biological analysis, but the number of cases is still too small for these results to be statistically significant. Among HIV-positive in stage I (asymptomatic carriers) who practiced instinctotherapy, no cases developed into stage II. It should however be noted that asymptomatic carriers may not trigger AlDS-related symptoms for several years. Given the small number of cases and the limited fed back in duration (338 days on average) it will take to gain more data or a larger number of cases to significantly conclude on this point. A case of zoster has emerged, while several have noted an improvement in their overall condition (appetite, digestion, vitality).

Stage II (5 cases): The index of change in clinical status is positive as is the index of change in laboratory tests, and this significantly. None of the subjects involved worsened into stage III. Two have reverted into stage I. With patients in stage II an improvement in two stages was generally seen: in the first months, improvement in general health (appetite, digestion, sleep, vitality, acne ...). This improvement in clinical status is not unique to AlDS as as it is often observed in HIV negative subjects as well. In patients who persisted for more than 6 months (4 cases) an increased rate of T4 lymphocytes and T4/T8 ratio from the 6th month has been repeatedly found. A case of thrombocytopenia has emerged in the 15th month.

Stage III (15 cases): The index of change in clinical status is positive and statistically significant. The growth index of biological analysis is negative but not significant. No cases have reverted into stage II and 2 cases died. It should however be noted that none of the subjects in stage III has practiced instinctothérapy over 6 months, which is a duration necessary to show the rate of increase in T lymphocytes with patients in stage II. There is in most cases an improvement of the overall condition ever since the first weeks in patients with stage III (normalization of appetite, improved digestion, decreased pain and infectiond, improved sleep ...). Both subjects who died had started instinctotherapy at a very advanced stage of disease.

The most favorable evolution (maximum evolution index) for both the clinical condition and for the results of laboratory tests was observed in subjects who practiced instinctotherapy for longer than 6 months (6 cases having practiced instinctotherapy for 23 months on average). This improvement is statistically significant. This suggests a clear influence of dietary factors on disease progression. Indeed, in the absence of any effective treatment, indexes of long-term evolution are usually the worst.

Overall, subjects who responded most favorably to the change of nutrition are young patients in stage I or II who practiced instinctotherapy during at least 6 months.

However, elderly patients in stage III and suffering from toxoplasmosis or thrombocytopenia  seem to react less favorably to the change in diet.

The return to a traditional diet is usually followed by a worsening health status of the patients (11 out of 17), which translates into a negative index changes after resumption of the traditional diet. This deterioration is significant. It occurs most often within a few months after the resumption of traditional food but can sometimes be faster, especially in patients in stage III. This negative trend seems nonexistent or much slower in patients who continue to eat mostly raw after a period of instinctotherapy  (indicating no change after returning to a traditional diet but mostly raw).

In several cases, the rate of T 4 lymphocytes increased from the 5th month of instinctotherapy. In many cases we do not have lymphocytes measurements, either because these tests were not performed timely or because the results have not been disclosed. In one case, the rate of T4 lymphocytes continued to decrease in a patient who practiced instinctotherapy for 5 months.

PS (André Paillet): You would have to read the full report for explanations on how to do statistical calculations were done (complex for non mathematicians). The full study involved 27 cases. I do not know any following report published after this first one. Indeed shortly afterwards the court forbade Burger to mention instinctotherapy, which put an end to such research. But I believe that the trend described in this report of improved health of AIDS patients practicing instincto continued. But the subject is taboo and it is almost impossible to talk about it.

Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
Re: Bruno Comby's report on HIV
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 05:56:16 pm »

But I believe that the trend described in this report of improved health of AIDS patients practicing instincto continued. But the subject is taboo and it is almost impossible to talk about it.

It would be interessting to know if anybody of this group has continued instinctive raw eating. Comby himself doesn't live instinctive raw anymore, does he?

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 05:30:49 am »
Thank you very much, its amazing that a test like this was done and still no one knows of instinctotherapy. If people knew of things like this then raw paleo and anopsology would sky rocket in popularity.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline GCB

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 02:19:53 am »
Quote from Kurite
Thank you very much, its amazing that a test like this was done and still no one knows of instinctotherapy. If people knew of things like this then raw paleo and anopsology would sky rocket in popularity.

On the opposite, it’s the publication of the hopes instinctotherapy provided about AIDS healing by the French media that caused the tidal media and judiciary wave which destroyed it... The movement had grown up from year to year, the press was at first very friendly, the public increasingly interested. Then a newspaper article written by Anne-Marie Casteret, a former medical student turned to journalism, created panic. She described the instincto as a cult, myself as a dangerous guru. All the other media had no choice but to follow, fearing otherwise to be blacklisted in turn. That is how new ideas are being murdered in France, a  country proudly claiming about being a heaven for freedom of expression...

Quote from Susan
It would be interesting to know if anybody of this group has continued instinctive raw eating. Comby himself doesn't live instinctive raw anymore, does he?

The campaign of vilification of instinctotherapy ruined  all  the motivations of  these  people. Comby himself, fearing for his own reputation, has done nothing anymore after writing his book 'Nature against AIDS'. The document quoted above remained unchanged, despite a direct contact with Professor Gallo who said it was interesting and recommended further study on a larger number of cases. The patients were subjected to such pressures from family, social, medical and even legal sources that they have all abandoned instincto-nutrition, despite the dramatic results they had generally achieved. Result: they no longer kept in touch with us and probably most of them died.

This sad experience shows how our society is locked in its paradigms. AIDS has been a form of compulsory slaughter, a human sacrifice to the goddess medicine, homosexuality being the great scapegoat. The vaccine, which we are still waiting for, is the only magic formula agreed to dismiss the condemnation. Since a few years, the tritherapies became  the offering  made to the Gods in hope they’ll grant a reprieve...

In this context, it is even more striking that Dr. Luc Montagnier, the great French discoverer of HIV, now recognizes the truth I was trying to claim more than twenty years ago: the solution is on the diet side! Viewed from an therapeutic angle, eating better can strengthen the immune system and ward off infectious diseases, the true causes of the alleged lethality of the virus. It would be more effective than current treatment for reversing the epidemic in Africa for example, the only obstacle being the fact that raw paleo instinctive nutrition does not allow commercial profits...

If you want to listen Prof. Dr. Montagnier practising in English this new exercise of acknowledgment, click here:

Regards
gcb
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 08:11:01 am by GCB »

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 02:46:17 am »
Are you kidding me? A cult? Anything can be made to look like a cult if you want it to. Religion is a big cult if you want it to be.Things like this piss me off.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 06:00:53 am »
After reading Ray Audette's and Dr. Cordain's books, articles and research I can remember telling my sister-in-law that pretty much all autoimmune diseases had been connected to diet and she responded with "not HIV" and I agreed that was an exception. Later that day I thought about it some more and asked myself "Why should HIV be the exception to the rule? Maybe it's not!" Sure enough, since then I've been seeing more and more connections made between HIV, diet and aspects of HIV that are shared by the "diseases of civilization," such as inflammation:

Kill the inflammation, kill the HIV? 08 March 2009 by Debora MacKenzie
http://www.newscientist.com/search?rbauthors=Debora+MacKenzie

>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk