Author Topic: we found the real super foods :)  (Read 8304 times)

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: we found the real super foods :)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 11:46:15 am »
I suffer from major fatigue and liver is one of my favorite organ meats. - just taste wise, before knowing this, which shows that your body tells you what it wants/needs ;)

CitrusHigh

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 12:33:00 pm »
Yeah liver really is in my opinion one of the top superfoods out there. It's such an incredibly nutrient dense food. I noticed when I made pate that it makes one's urine very dark, much more so even than most brightly colored veggies. Plus the sheer energy that it imparts is...intense..much like the flavor.

This is part of my weekly diet now. I don't always eat it raw, sometimes as Pate. Also I would consider this to be an aphrodisiac in terms of stamina if you consume it regularly.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 04:53:41 am by TylerDurden »

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 12:38:30 pm »
    Raw liver gives me excellent dreams.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 04:34:01 am »
I don't get why there are so many people on this forum who are cooking their meat/food....

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 04:49:01 am »
I don't get why there are so many people on this forum who are cooking their meat/food....

i think there are a lot of newbies recently that are still partially cooking in transition, but otherwise people here are eating as the forum name would suggest

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 05:38:21 am »
I still eat cooked but over 70% of my cals come from raw food so I still consider myself raw paleo.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 06:30:08 am »
I still eat cooked but over 70% of my cals come from raw food so I still consider myself raw paleo.
What % of foods do "cooked Paleos" tend to eat raw and what's the minimum of raw food intake to be considered raw Paleo?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

CitrusHigh

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 08:00:18 am »

Oh my gosh max, sue me. Why are you such an anal neurotique? If you have ANY raw meat in your diet, and recognize raw foods as the healthiest way to eat, that makes you RAF (PD, Paleo, wtf ever you want to call it.) Why do you have to be a raw NAZI and be so concerned about what other people are doing?

The vast majority of my diet is raw animal food, I'm no newbie, except to this forum, I've got three years raw animal guts under my belt, so bite me!  :-*

Just because I'm not so retarded that I need stress myself about whether or not every little morsel of food is raw or not, doesn't change the fact that I'm aware that raw foods are the way to go, and anything less is less than optimal.

There are other reasons why people eat food you know. Just like sex, food can be for more than function. When I learn how to make a raw pate, that's what I'll do, until then, I happen to enjoy the hell out of a good homemade grassfed liver pate.

Why don't you learn to relax a bit and enjoy all of life's blessing's, instead of focusing pathologically on your health. Kind of self defeating isn't it?

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 09:02:07 am »
Oh my gosh max, sue me. Why are you such an anal neurotique? If you have ANY raw meat in your diet, and recognize raw foods as the healthiest way to eat, that makes you RAF (PD, Paleo, wtf ever you want to call it.) Why do you have to be a raw NAZI and be so concerned about what other people are doing?

The vast majority of my diet is raw animal food, I'm no newbie, except to this forum, I've got three years raw animal guts under my belt, so bite me!  :-*

Just because I'm not so retarded that I need stress myself about whether or not every little morsel of food is raw or not, doesn't change the fact that I'm aware that raw foods are the way to go, and anything less is less than optimal.

There are other reasons why people eat food you know. Just like sex, food can be for more than function. When I learn how to make a raw pate, that's what I'll do, until then, I happen to enjoy the hell out of a good homemade grassfed liver pate.

Why don't you learn to relax a bit and enjoy all of life's blessing's, instead of focusing pathologically on your health. Kind of self defeating isn't it?
Related, I guess.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDMJp_yPQu4
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 09:06:31 am »
Yeah liver really is in my opinion one of the top superfoods out there. It's such an incredibly nutrient dense food. I noticed when I made pate that it makes one's urine very dark, much more so even than most brightly colored veggies. Plus the sheer energy that it imparts is...intense..much like the flavor.

This is part of my weekly diet now. I don't always eat it raw, sometimes as Pate. Also I would consider this to be an aphrodisiac in terms of stamina if you consume it regularly.

Wow, that explains a lot.  I ate 10 ounces of raw liver yesterday and 10 ounces today and I had more energy at work than I have in a long time!  Liver kicks ass.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 09:09:00 am »

Many are new and transitioning to raw.
I think this is the biggest purpose of this forum.
To teach people and help people to transition to raw.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 09:10:45 am »
What % of foods do "cooked Paleos" tend to eat raw and what's the minimum of raw food intake to be considered raw Paleo?

There are bound to be different definitions depending on who you ask.  In that regard it is like vegetarianism.  There are many who call themselves vegetarian who eat around 50% of their meals without meat, for instance.  I read a survey somewhere that shows how studies in which the respondents self-reported as being vegetarian are flawed because vegetarian can mean many different things to different people.

I myself strive to eat 100% raw food, and so far it has been all raw except for dairy, but I will have a source for that in a month.

Ryan

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 03:40:54 pm »
It all varies considerably, depending on interpretation. I know of a number of people on other forums who consider themselves to be "cooked-palaeos" but who eat most of their meats raw, while I have known others who ate most of their meats cooked call themselves "rawpalaeo".  For standard cooked-palaeodieters who eat 65/35 ratios of animal food to plant food, I suspect they eat most of their plant foods in either raw or lightly-steamed form and only the occasional raw animal food, as that is what is usually recommended by the palaeo gurus.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 09:52:35 am »

hahaha yeah I'm definitely the one who needs to relax. lol.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 10:14:38 am »
ok guys - end of mis-understanding here.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk